Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:49:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens when MtGox resumes BTC withdrawals?
The prices at MtGox and other exchanges will converge towards one another and meet somewhere in the middle.
This won't happen. MtGox will go bancrupt.
Everybody withdraws their BTC from MtGox and sells it on other exchanges, so the price elsewhere will plummet down to the MtGox price.
The BTC price on MtGox will shoot up to the price on other exchanges.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when MtGox resumes BTC withdrawals?  (Read 2864 times)
caspar.holzinger (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:45:51 PM

I think many of you are curious about the outcome at MtGox. I, for my part, am very curious. Let's see what the majority guesses.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OlliBrandt80

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:17:29 PM

That doesn't connest to the topic but I wonder how did you do the poll here?

Bitcoin rules!
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:21:38 PM

Next to the 'Start new topic' link at the top of a board is a 'start new poll link'.

MtGox has lost all credibility. As soon as they allow transfer of bitcoins off their site all the people who bought cheap there will take delivery of their bitcoins, and the price will rise above the rate at other places as people scramble to get some of their money away from MtGox. Fiat withdrawals are still hard, so I expect the price to resume its 30% above the rate at other places.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:58:21 PM

Next to the 'Start new topic' link at the top of a board is a 'start new poll link'.

MtGox has lost all credibility. As soon as they allow transfer of bitcoins off their site all the people who bought cheap there will take delivery of their bitcoins, and the price will rise above the rate at other places as people scramble to get some of their money away from MtGox. Fiat withdrawals are still hard, so I expect the price to resume its 30% above the rate at other places.

I concur. I think the differential will reverse, perhaps at an even higher rate. People will be more anxious than before to move funds out of Gox.
jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:11:48 PM

People will withdraw btc and sell some on other exchange, and others will wire in fiat and buy cheap btc in Mt Gox, price should meet somewhere in the middle
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:31:19 PM

Judging from the btc price at mtGox right now, they will most likely go out of business even if they manage to resolve the withdraw issue.

CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:11:55 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 08:55:59 PM by CrashX

Don't think they are coming back, they move from their location to a new place.  to a HOTEL, yes hotel.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476380.0
Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:46:07 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 08:57:32 PM by Peter Lambert

Don't think they are coming back, they more from their location to a new place.  to a HOTEL, yes hotel.

In many places, a building can contain a hotel and offices. GM world headquarters are in the same building as a Marriott hotel.

CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:57:23 PM

Don't think they are coming back, they more from their location to a new place.  to a HOTEL, yes hotel.

In many places, a building can contain a hotel and offices. GM world headquarters are in the same building as a Marriott hotel.

True,  but you find it strange they decided to move  in  a  time it very important for the community and crypto?
Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:58:12 PM

Don't think they are coming back, they more from their location to a new place.  to a HOTEL, yes hotel.

True,  but you find it strange they decided to move  in  a  time it very important for the community and crypto?

What makes this time so important to the community?

elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 08:43:04 AM

I dont see much hope. I think it will go bankrupt unfortunately. Goodbye to my 1mBTC I have with Gox

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:50:59 AM

I don't think we will ever find out. There goes my BTC.  Cry

more or less retired.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:37:32 AM

Only two weeks
tanil

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:52:40 AM

Just Hold on Guys !

MtGox is changing and improving their services. I can see and realize all improvements !

They have billion customers in all around the world. Why don't you look possitive ?

Let's send money to mtgox and buy cheap BTC ! I did it !
caspar.holzinger (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:25:43 AM

Just Hold on Guys !

MtGox is changing and improving their services. I can see and realize all improvements !

They have billion customers in all around the world. Why don't you look possitive ?

Man, keep quiet. Don't tell everybody. Keep the price as low for us as possible. Wink
tanil

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:59:46 PM

Just Hold on Guys !

Man, keep quiet. Don't tell everybody. Keep the price as low for us as possible. Wink

I have sent to Money with  MtGox EURO Bank Transfer  method. I hope it will recived. Did you do same thing ?
scosa

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:38:23 PM

Just Hold on Guys !

If there where a billion users, the price of bitcoin Would be much higher.................

😁
Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 11:10:17 AM

Just Hold on Guys !

If there where a billion users, the price of bitcoin Would be much higher.................

😁
not to mention how huge the unconfirmed transaction queue would be right now...

=squeak=

bittyweb

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:12:36 PM

I don't think mtgox has chances to come back, even if they come back, people would not use them, just because of the news they have created.
adif2010

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Hellow...

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:24:12 AM

BTC prices fall because of problems mtgox, I hope the price of BTC could be rising again. Currently BTC is a condition in which the price is very severe.

Learning Cryptocoin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: