Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:52:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google prohibits cryptocurrency mining in the playstore  (Read 119 times)
Brazio (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:28:09 PM

After banning cryptocurrency mining extensions from Chrome Store earlier this year, Google now banned Play Store applications that perform similar activities.

In a new update of its developer policies, the technology giant has indicated that the applications that are used to extract cryptocurrencies will be banned from now on.

However, the technology company based in Mountain View, California made an exception regarding the applications that are used in the remote management of the mining cryptocurrency, as they will be allowed. "We do not allow applications that extract cryptocurrencies on devices. We allow applications that manage remotely the extraction of cryptocurrencies, "reads the updated guidelines.

The ban comes as a result of growing cases of crypto-devices that are increasingly considered more lucrative than ransomware by malicious actors. In April of this year, for example, the world's cybersecurity company Kaspersky revealed that the cryptocurrency mining applications containing the Coinhive miner are offered on the Google Play Store disguised as harmless entertainment applications.

Did you like this article? Don’t forget to follow @Braziocoin on instagram to stay up to date with all the news of the cryptoworld.

Want to BUY BRAZIO COIN? Check out Braz.io for more info.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
novikov433

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:49:10 PM

What they do and do so on the contrary is good, in the future they will make their own cryptomarket. This is the usual news for a short squeeze. I even think in the future on the 4.0 blocker will release their own ecosystem, in which it will be possible to unify mining in such applications for the centralized nodes, and how the output can also increase the number of downloads of applications in this way.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:47:38 PM

After banning cryptocurrency mining extensions from Chrome Store earlier this year, Google now banned Play Store applications that perform similar activities.

In a new update of its developer policies, the technology giant has indicated that the applications that are used to extract cryptocurrencies will be banned from now on.

However, the technology company based in Mountain View, California made an exception regarding the applications that are used in the remote management of the mining cryptocurrency, as they will be allowed. "We do not allow applications that extract cryptocurrencies on devices. We allow applications that manage remotely the extraction of cryptocurrencies, "reads the updated guidelines.

The ban comes as a result of growing cases of crypto-devices that are increasingly considered more lucrative than ransomware by malicious actors. In April of this year, for example, the world's cybersecurity company Kaspersky revealed that the cryptocurrency mining applications containing the Coinhive miner are offered on the Google Play Store disguised as harmless entertainment applications.

Did you like this article? Don’t forget to follow @Braziocoin on instagram to stay up to date with all the news of the cryptoworld.

If you want to learn the shit things doing by the Google team. You should ask any small scale IT firm or IT freelancer. To launch any project they will be give the notice like shit to the investor and dev who involved in that project.
Thats how we will be these kind move from Google team. for more information bitcoin is not stoppable by any government or firm so far. Just spit on google and move forward.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:30:08 AM

As we all know that bitcoin is always been in controversy because of its volatile nature that is the one half of the population is in favour of bitcoin and the another half is in against of bitcoin and there is a conflict between these two groups of people, there are many countries who has legalised bitcoin and on the other hand there are another group of people for them bitcoin is a scam or a bubble so I think that time will tells that which part of population is right and have right thought about bitcoin.
thuiuqioui98382

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:10:09 AM

After prohibiting extensions from exploiting encryption from the Chrome Store earlier in the year, Google has now also banned apps that behave similarly on the Play Store. The ban is made after the rise of crypto jacking cases on devices with the fact that the behavior is becoming more lucrative than ransomware use from attackers.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:17:09 AM

It's just that they are securing their customers welfare. Somewhere last year I have also wonder why my pc is lagging and consuming too much power and memory usage and including gpu. When I dug more, I found out there is a hidden miner that was secretly running under the hood, it was just a message on fb that I clicked though, a rar file that was randomly sent to anyone in your contacts. Sooner or later it was deleted and tag as malware. Got my lessons so don't go clicking stuffs you don't know out there,.
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:20:26 AM

It's just that they are securing their customers welfare. Somewhere last year I have also wonder why my pc is lagging and consuming too much power and memory usage and including gpu. When I dug more, I found out there is a hidden miner that was secretly running under the hood, it was just a message on fb that I clicked though, a rar file that was randomly sent to anyone in your contacts. Sooner or later it was deleted and tag as malware. Got my lessons so don't go clicking stuffs you don't know out there,.
Oh, its too dangerous. Your experience is really a lesson to be learned and must not do again. We must be very careful, there are lots of genuises out there who just want an easy money.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
AliciaHenry12

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:39:39 AM

The popularity of electronic money exploitation has increased in late 2017 during the growth of the crypto markets. GPU sales soared to GPU makers, such as Nvidia, seeing prices rise in stocks due to higher than normal incomes. Deciding to prohibit extensions from Chrome and other apps from the Play Store may be due to the risks they may cause to the device. Both the phone and the computer can be affected internally by exploiting it if it is not properly managed. The risks of mining are highlighted by the effects of malware exploited over public Wi-Fi networks and sites over the past year.

According to Scott Spencer, Google's director of advertising, "We do not know where the money will go, but we have seen enough damage to the user or potential damage to the user."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: