Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox and BItcoins, how this changed my life  (Read 3630 times)
BitsGone (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:11:14 PM

Where should I start.

The beginning of February, as we all know got hit with some big news about Mt.Gox issues. Bitcoin started to drop heavely.
I have been at Mt.Gox since July 2013. As of than I had no problems at all dealing Bitcoins on their platform.

Being young, and seeying oppertunities in BTC I wanted to invest in bitcoins like so many others. I made the decision of buying bitcoins in the beginning of June. Proud that I was, seeying the prices rocket I actually thought of a very very bright future. Things are swell, I work 48 hours a week on a minimal pay scale, but I can get along fine. On the side of bitcoin I started to save a little money, knowing I still have Bitcoin left on Mt.Gox and it should all be fine.

Announcements came, several problems accured. We all know the drill of how this went down. Suprisingly they came out of it very well, and during those stressfull times, I always thought and wanted to withdraw my BTC's from there to another platform, or trade them in to some real cash.

Living with the feeling you got something on the side, seeying all went well with my Bitcoins and life itself, February kicked in.

Now I am not a tech boy nor a stock broker. I am a simple human being working his ass off trying to make the best of it all. February 7th I wanted to withdraw my bitcoins. This did not work. Me thinking it's temp I continued and got back the next day. I tried to claim a withdraw again. This did not work. I have put in a support ticket. I did not get a response on this till february the 14th. By than prices already started to drop heavely.

Monday the 17th. I was still not able todo anything at all. During the day from 18:00 till 23:45 I was not able to login into Mt.Gox. I felled bad about this, that gut feeling that even I do not wish my worst enemy would  have. I got that.

February the 18th. I was able to login into my account. My balance at that point? 0. I cannot see any trace of transaction nor ID. I have been watching my blockchain account, there aswell is nothing to be seen.
I inmediatly put in another support ticket. From of today at this very moment, I have not heard anything.

I have been watching this forum once in a while from the sidelines. There are alot of smart guys in here who predict and trade like pro's. Props for that.

How does this affect my life? I am not sure about this. I live to work, socially I do not have a wide network. I'd like to leave a tear and scream, but will this help? I just realised that I have just lost €11255,-. Money that I, one day wanted to use to buy a house, put it into a morgage. Now, thats obliterated.

I have seen alot of troll posts, and yes ofcourse it's part of the deal. But with every story there is a downside aswell. People get hurt, badly.

Now, I honestly do now know what to do. I feel like I have failed, and this deep dark shitty gut feeling is in my stomach. Knowing this has happend by the stupidity of a management team that has failed harder than anything in crypto land... knowing I have lost all of that cause of them. I'd somewhere sincerely hope that, when I drive to work tommorow morning. I hit a tree and just get over with it all. Cause for me, this has turned out into something terrible. I just want no more.

For the onces who did get out, and made it out well and alive, I am happy you did. I honestly would not wish this to my worst enemy.

Sincerely
mepsipax

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:18:54 PM

Hi   I really hope MtGox does the right thing by you and others that have their Bitcoins/money tied up with them.

Please don't consider doing anything drastic to yourself, I know you must feel desperate and miserable at the moment, due to this crap situation, but hopefully things will get better for you soon.

Fingers crossed for you and others affected by this.  Take care

TB2MDU-WEZH5M-ODG4FI-6TWSTO-VVLAKO-TVIZO7-4XCK
ChrisML

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:21:52 PM

Jesus bro, that really is some heavy shit.

I already said to others that, it might all seem to be trolling and a joke! Seeying goxxer going down so hard, but at the same times people, human being are getting seriously burned here! A friend of mine lost alot aswell on this, by trading on Plus500. It's risky, very very risky. But in the meantime like you have said, I do not with anyone losing that much money.

Don't make stupid decisions now... Hitting a tree will not solve anything. It will all go upways at some point, for anyone.

This kinda touched me in the gut. I have sent you a little something, it's not much. But I hope it takes the pain away just a little.

Hang in there!

Chris

Follow me on Twitter: @SoMuchCoin
Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:28:15 PM

Please don't do anything stupid for 11k euros. It is not worth it. You are still young and in time you will earn much much more than that.

Don't lose hope yet and try to somehow get your bitcoins back. Mt.Gox will not die completely overnight, that would be dangerous for them. You might recover at least some of that money.

Consider this as an expensive life lesson. Next time don't invest more than you are confortable losing.

I hope everything turns out ok for you.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:41:18 PM

Don't sweat it man. Just wait. No matter the outcome this is a temporary problem, and you can pat yourself on the back for only investing money you could afford to lose. I don't want to count the fools who went "all-in" with no backup plan and borrowed money.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
capsqrl

Activity: 444

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:41:25 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 07:52:18 PM by capsqrl

Rough story. I found it a bit peculiar that BitsGone (a new user) and ChrisML make the same kind of typos, especially the peculiar "seeying" but also "alot" and "aswell". I'm not saying BitsGone is ChrisML's sockpuppet or anything, and I'm CERTAINLY not accusing him of trolling for donations, even if ChrisML sent him some. I'm saying welcome to BitsGone, and clearly you've found people like yourself here. Good luck getting your money back, but remember: it's just money.

Norsk Bitcoin-bruker? Kom til /r/BitcoinNO på reddit!
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:47:46 PM

I just cannot feel empathy for goxers. In every bitcoin community there were warnings posted about gox for ages.

ManInIron

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:51:02 PM

Rough story. I found it a bit peculiar that BitsGone (a new user) and ChrisML make the same kind of typos, especially the peculiar "seeying" but also "alot" and "aswell". I'm not saying BitsGone is ChrisML's sockpuppet or anything, I'm saying welcome to BitsGone, and clearly you've found people like yourself here. Good luck getting your money back, but remember: it's just money.

Good observation.
DogesGohigh

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:54:42 PM

Sad story.

Like others have said: It is just money!!  Cheesy

Take care!
ChrisML

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:03:50 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 08:35:12 PM by ChrisML

-

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:12:24 PM

Rough story. I found it a bit peculiar that BitsGone (a new user) and ChrisML make the same kind of typos, especially the peculiar "seeying" but also "alot" and "aswell". I'm not saying BitsGone is ChrisML's sockpuppet or anything, and I'm CERTAINLY not accusing him of trolling for donations, even if ChrisML sent him some. I'm saying welcome to BitsGone, and clearly you've found people like yourself here. Good luck getting your money back, but remember: it's just money.

Good one. ChrisML is already on my ignore list. Some of you trolls are really bad at this.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:15:39 PM

I'm sorry to hear your story.

There are a lot of good people in the bitcoin community but there is also a large amount of scammers and thieves. I've been scammed a few times myself, the latest by WeExchange, who's owner Jon Montroll treated users' deposits as his own personal wallet who then absconded.  

Gox is one of the worst out there, they have been directly responsible for more than one major bitcoin price crash and continue to be used, which is surprising to me.

Maybe, I don't know, maybe you can use your experience to warn people about Gox and some good will come out of it -- like you are doing now; or try to get a lawsuit together. Just please don't let this incident spoil you on the entire concept of bitcoin. The software is great, its just many of the folks that use it are bad people. I hope your luck changes and there is some way you can get your money back.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
mepsipax

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:26:37 PM

I think you are right, BitsGone and ChrisML are the same person.   Too much of a coincidence two separate people making the same odd typing mistakes imo.

Obviously looking for donations hence his BTC address under his post.

Not happy with this, I thought it was genuine and felt sorry for the OP, now realize he is trying to con us probably

ChrisML

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:34:55 PM

No conning I guess.

It's a true story, and have not asked for donations.

Anyways, yes it's me. Sorry. Always sucked at trolling, guess this proves it once again.

An alias too hide my true identity, coming out telling how I expierenced this event, without revealing myself. Losing money makes people do stupid stuff I suspose.
Some posts made me feel better, it's just money.

mepsipax

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:41:14 PM

Lol  at least you admitted it!

Hope it all turn out ok for you still  Smiley

All the best

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:31:21 PM

How does this affect my life? I am not sure about this. I live to work, socially I do not have a wide network. I'd like to leave a tear and scream, but will this help? I just realised that I have just lost €11255,-. Money that I, one day wanted to use to buy a house, put it into a morgage. Now, thats obliterated.

I guess it is too late -- "Don't invest more than you can afford to lose."

The good news is that if you believe the price will eventually rise, then you haven't lost any € if you haven't sold the BTC.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
shideneyu
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

The Ancient

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:41:30 PM

Sad story.

But nothing is lost, you still got your ticket, without ironizing. Something can still happen dude, your money isn't lost YET.

Please hodl, it is the smartest option you got Wink
Mr. Socko

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:52:00 PM

it's worth adding.... how many people typically lose their money from a bank account or safe deposit box in raw percentage terms? The percent is very low. With that said the writing was on the wall to leave Mt Gox for quite a while now... people still blindly using it into January and February of this year had it coming..... greedy people who used it because it reported a higher bitcoin price and thus was a 'better' exchange also have it coming...
krneki

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:57:33 PM

my first impression when i saw thread title was: this topic will include op's btc wallet adress

Why I was not wrong....Cheesy

YOU were stupid enough to hold btc at Mtgox, while there were numerous posts about MtGox problems

YOU should have stored btc in offline wallet, as you say you had them for saving

I am not much sorry for you.
brush242

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:41:30 PM

One thing to keep in mind about any investment in any currency anywhere, be it bitcoins, stocks, bonds, real estate, pension plans, et cetera, is that paper losses and paper gains aren't actual losses or actual gains. They are simply fluctuations in numbers held in someone's records somewhere. If you sell at a loss, ~then~ it becomes a loss. Similarly, if you sell at a gain, only then does it become a gain.

If you can understand what happened to provide you some paper gain (or loss), then you can understand that the same thing can happen to provide the reverse.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: