Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:10:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is technology the answer to poverty?  (Read 208 times)
Earl Edward (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:59:48 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2018, 04:30:08 AM by Earl Edward

This is a “million dollar”question. I’ll go 60-40 on this. I'm not really convinced by the fact that technology is the solution. For instance, a certain investor put up a television or radio or computer chips etc manufacturing company in their strategic area. Let’s say the people around it are poor. In order for the community to grow, they help every poor people by letting the work. As the company gained success, the considered poor people also become successful shall we say. Now the company wants to expand the area that they will utilize. Some of the areas that will be affected is the area of their own employees whom they gave help b4. But no worries, the company offered the relocation and it will also pay the first 3 years of their mortgage. At first, it went so good. However, due to a  tight competition, the company is bankrupted. Everything that the company has will be turned over to the bank. What will happen the poor before? In weeks, months, all there savings will be lost. No house, no food every day. Surely will go back to same status before.

Besides, to be able to succeed in life, first, you should succeed in knowing yourself and know what can you do and what are the limitations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SAHARANINE

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:56:06 AM

This is a “million dollar”question. I’ll go 60-40 on this. Im not really convinced the fact that technology is the solution. For instance, a certain investor put up a television or radio or computer chips etc manufacturing company in their strategic area. Let’s say the people around it are poor. In order for the community to grow, they help every poor people by letting the work. As the company gained success, the considered poor people also become successful shall we say. Now the company wants to expand the area that they will utilize. Some of the area that will be affected are the are of their own  employees whom they gave help b4. But no worries, the company offered the relocation and it will also pay the first 3 years of their mortgage. At first, it went so good. However, due to a  tight competition, the company is bankrupted. Everything that the company has will be turned over to the bank. What will happen the poor before? In weeks, months, all there savings will be lost. No house, no food no everyday. Surely will go back to same status before.

Besides, to be able to succeed in life, first you should succeed knowing yourself and know what can you do and what are the limitations.

Technology it self is not enough to end poverty but it can provide many solutions during the process to end poverty so it is a combination of many but technology plays an essential part
Anuoye3434

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:23:32 PM

is technology the answer to poverty, no technology is not because not all of us have access to the technology to get money, the level of illiteracy in the world today is still high
blockchainhotboy

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:28:44 PM

Most definitely not. I think it can remedy certain aspects of life related to poverty, but poverty is inherently related to much more complicated issues.
Utoy101

Activity: 368
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:29:13 PM

Actually technology can sometimes increase poverty because instead using manpower in work they are now using machines and the job opportunity lowers as the technology advances and the poor can't access technology so that's why it can't help them.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:05:12 PM

While I think that technology is a great way to help solve some problems, I do not think that it is the solution to poverty. For one, we cannot rely on technology alone. People has to work to make their lives better. Even with better and advanced technology, if the person himself will not make a way to get himself out of poverty, then having new and advanced technology is a big waste of time, dont you think?
Boombull

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:29:44 AM

I don't think technologyis the answer to poverty,education should rather be the answer to it
v3yst

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:59:18 AM

This is a “million dollar”question. I’ll go 60-40 on this. Im not really convinced the fact that technology is the solution. For instance, a certain investor put up a television or radio or computer chips etc manufacturing company in their strategic area. Let’s say the people around it are poor. In order for the community to grow, they help every poor people by letting the work. As the company gained success, the considered poor people also become successful shall we say. Now the company wants to expand the area that they will utilize. Some of the area that will be affected are the are of their own  employees whom they gave help b4. But no worries, the company offered the relocation and it will also pay the first 3 years of their mortgage. At first, it went so good. However, due to a  tight competition, the company is bankrupted. Everything that the company has will be turned over to the bank. What will happen the poor before? In weeks, months, all there savings will be lost. No house, no food no everyday. Surely will go back to same status before.

Besides, to be able to succeed in life, first you should succeed knowing yourself and know what can you do and what are the limitations.

No! Technology will not end poverty! Education, hard work, and honesty are ones that will end poverty, while technology may provide other ways to end poverty but will not provide a solution to end poverty.
rohitkaira

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:21:08 AM

This is a “million dollar”question. I’ll go 60-40 on this. I'm not really convinced by the fact that technology is the solution. For instance, a certain investor put up a television or radio or computer chips etc manufacturing company in their strategic area. Let’s say the people around it are poor. In order for the community to grow, they help every poor people by letting the work. As the company gained success, the considered poor people also become successful shall we say. Now the company wants to expand the area that they will utilize. Some of the areas that will be affected is the area of their own employees whom they gave help b4. But no worries, the company offered the relocation and it will also pay the first 3 years of their mortgage. At first, it went so good. However, due to a  tight competition, the company is bankrupted. Everything that the company has will be turned over to the bank. What will happen the poor before? In weeks, months, all there savings will be lost. No house, no food every day. Surely will go back to same status before.

Besides, to be able to succeed in life, first, you should succeed in knowing yourself and know what can you do and what are the limitations.

People are not poor because of technology, people are living in poverty due to many reasons including individual greed and corruption, i don't think technology alone can be helpful in eradicating poverty. You can see many times technology is used for scamming poor people and corruption, recent example is corruption scandal in Indian involving politicians using crypto currency for corrupt activities and also accept bribes in bitcoins.

Technology can help in improving fairness and transparency only if humans wants.
Earl Edward (OP)

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:33:59 AM

Technology it self is not enough to end poverty but it can provide many solutions during the process to end poverty so it is a combination of many but technology plays an essential part

I agree with your point. that's why I go 60-40 on this as I've said. I know not all technologies can bring damage to the society so as to end poverty. Some technology also can generate a problem to the society such technology that uses chemicals and other materials that can harm nature. If this thing happened, then not only us as human will suffer, so as every living things and even the earth itself. 60 percent positive for it can provide development in our fast-pace world. Onesided mind for this matter is debatable. It's hard to scale.
voron83-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

Pozess - The Photo Sharing Fashion Marketplace Tha

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 10:10:33 AM

If you look at this side, then yes.  Technology will help the poor find paid jobs, but poverty does not even win!

♠ POZESS ♠
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
Jemroe01

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:19:13 PM

It still depends upon the person of how he or she perceived the use of technology. For it can somehow be both beneficial and at the same time, can incurred negative comments on the latter.
Ladysmith

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:04:26 PM

Poverty exists because of social issues and the fact that we live in a resource-scarce world. This is changing because of technology. Amazon is one example. I believe their ultimate goal is to make every concrete good available to everyone, everywhere at the best possible price. The inaccessible is becoming accessible. AI, as controversial as it is, could eventually create goods and services for very cheap, making things more efficient, cheaper and of higher quality. Everyone will benefit from this and it could potentially create a "post-scarcity" world

A lot of those living in poverty now have smartphones..You can pretty much make a living with a smartphone and Amazon account these days. No degree or silver spoon needed. Technology is leveling the playing field a bit but we have a long way to go.
pasabaringin

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:24:51 PM

of course not technology will not be able to eradicate poverty ... by increasing business opportunities and free education for those who can't ... maybe it will restore poverty
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 07:33:58 PM

Technology may eventually end poverty, but in the short term it will increase it, by replacing minimum wage workers with automation.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
evannoknocc

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:18:41 PM

My thoughts are education first which will hopefully allow one to improve their standard of living and then technology.  It is a long hard process and my not have noticeable effect for a generation or two.
cryptopizza9010

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:12:59 AM

Not the only answer, but most definitely yes. The best example is crypto itself, it was literally made from nothing. There are so much more examples where people turned their life around just with technology.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: