Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:22:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [MtGox] Anyone else having password recovery issues?  (Read 1530 times)
Apeiron (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:31:51 PM

So I happen to have lost my MtGox password (yeah, I know). When I turn to the lost password page, and enter my e-mail, I get the following error : "An unexpected error has occured. Please try again later.".

Does anyone else has the same problem, or experienced it in the past? Any insights in this respect? Is MtGox slowly falling apart?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:33:10 PM

So I happen to have lost my MtGox password (yeah, I know). When I turn to the lost password page, and enter my e-mail, I get the following error : "An unexpected error has occured. Please try again later.".

Does anyone else has the same problem, or experienced it in the past? Any insights in this respect? Is MtGox slowly falling apart?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Yup, I try to contact Support, been 3 weeks ago and nothing.  I just open another one, but they aren't verifying it.
BasedForLife

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:35:46 PM

Had simillar problem not so long time ago, PM me.
MoneyMorpheus

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 08:39:30 PM

I've recovered password succesfully 2 hours ago threw this link https://www.mtgox.com/login/lost-password which is located at the bottom of the mtgox page as Lost Password

Best altcoin exchange: https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=241-35101
https://bter.com/signup/121418 | You may run into issues some time, but support will take care of you threw qq in chinese hours
1EGoA5LMV391Psf8ZHShTkTd3tQ6URKQEp
Apeiron (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:56:12 PM

Thanks MoneyMorpheus but the page you are talking about is exactly the one I'm referring to in my post.

CrashX, your reply is not very encouraging. But I'm increasingly starting to believe, given all that I read about MtGox these days, that maybe it's better that way : MtGox is increasingly unreliable and my money might be better elsewhere.
BasedForLife

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:59:02 PM

Did my Private Message help?
CrashX

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:00:09 PM

Thanks MoneyMorpheus but the page you are talking about is exactly the one I'm referring to in my post.

CrashX, your reply is not very encouraging. But I'm increasingly starting to believe, given all that I read about MtGox these days, that maybe it's better that way : MtGox is increasingly unreliable and my money might be better elsewhere.

Yes, that true, I the only reason Im trying to open account, Im trying to purchase Gox BTC.  As a HIGH RISK Asset.  Looking to "Possible Flush Down the toilet" spend around 1k USD.
Apeiron (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:04:41 PM

BasedForLife : it was useful in the sense that it pointed out to a relevant piece of information (I replied to you btw), but it didn't solve it, no. Given ChrashX's feedback, the problem seems more severe anyway.

CrashX : hahaha ok so now MtGox is considered a high risk investment. Good think I came asking questions here, or I would have missed that very important piece of news and ended up joining those guys : http://www.pcworld.com/article/2099620/mt-gox-protesters-still-without-bitcoin-answers.html. Cheesy

discobean

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:21:31 AM

I have 2 accounts on mtgox, AUD and USD ones.  I can't login to either and passwords stored in 1Password, so I never forgot them.

Also can't recover the passwords with the same error.  Rort.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:38:41 AM

I also cannot log into my account, and the password recovery is throwing an error.
CrashX

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:54:43 AM

BasedForLife : it was useful in the sense that it pointed out to a relevant piece of information (I replied to you btw), but it didn't solve it, no. Given ChrashX's feedback, the problem seems more severe anyway.

CrashX : hahaha ok so now MtGox is considered a high risk investment. Good think I came asking questions here, or I would have missed that very important piece of news and ended up joining those guys : http://www.pcworld.com/article/2099620/mt-gox-protesters-still-without-bitcoin-answers.html. Cheesy

You welcome, right now Gox should be ONLY treat as a HIGH risk, I plan to invest $1000 USD, This amount is a good price to risk, if Im correct I will loose 1k , IF im wrong I will gain 6K in value, making 500% Profit.

But remember, only invest  that you don't care to loose.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: