Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:06:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whoever is responsible for not halting the trading at gox needs to go to prison  (Read 1407 times)
gustav (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:57:46 PM

someone needs to go to prison over this fiasco! This Karpeles and his friends destoyed capital and ruinined some people i think. He made a damage in the hundrededs of millions with just not halting his tradingengine! He also damaged capital of people who have never been at gox! This guy owes money to every single bitcoinholder!
If i see his stupid face i get aggravated
discuss
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 08:59:50 PM

this is the 5th time.. "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice Mission Accomplished" George W Bush

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
gustav (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:02:24 PM

this is the 5th time.. "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice Mission Accomplished" George W Bush

i have never been at gox and my holdings have been damaged!
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:03:46 PM

Why weren't we seeing this demand for trading engine halt when you only couldn't withdraw fiat (the entire second half of last year)?

You don't care when the exchange rate is artificially inflated, only when it is artificially deflated?

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
jaybny

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 09:04:54 PM

how?

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

gustav (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:07:02 PM

Why weren't we seeing this demand for trading engine halt when you only couldn't withdraw fiat (the entire second half of last year)?

You don't care when the exchange rate is artificially inflated, only when it is artificially deflated?

you are probably right
Loozik

Activity: 378

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:08:00 PM

someone needs to go to prison over this fiasco! This Karpeles and his friends destoyed capital and ruinined some people i think. He made a damage in the hundrededs of millions with just not halting his tradingengine! He also damaged capital of people who have never been at gox! This guy owes money to every single bitcoinholder!
discuss

And you should be placed in a mental health clinic. What is happening right now is a decline after a very technical bubble. This fall should have been expected. Do not blame others for your mistake of buying at the top of the bubble.

Congrats to Mark Karpeles for not halting the trading engine. Trading engine working = cheap bitcoins for smart investors.
jaybny

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 09:08:36 PM

there was nothing artificial when it was inflated. it should be halted if in fact gox is insolvent.  

Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:09:25 PM

And you should be placed in a mental health clinic. What is happening right now is a decline after a very technical bubble. This fall should have been expected. Do not blame others for your mistake of buying at the top of the bubble.

Congrats to Mark Karpeles for not halting the trading engine. Trading engine working = cheap bitcoins for smart investors.

Yeah, bitcoins for $100 at Gox and $550 everywhere else is completely normal. Nothing to see here.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
gustav (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:10:02 PM

discuss

so it was expected fo bitcoin to grow 1000% and then go back 90%? ... please insult someone else.

this gox-fiasco damaged the image of bitcoin for a long time. This exchange took a decent chunk away from the growthperspective of bitcoin in general.
Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

there was nothing artificial when it was inflated. it should be halted if in fact gox is insolvent.  

It was artificially inlfated (at Gox) because you couldn't withdraw fiat, so to get fiat money out you had to purchase bitcoins and withdraw them only to deposit and sell on another exchange.

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:11:46 PM

you're going to boo hoo that your bitcoin went down in value? we were due for a correction anyway, mtgox just happened to serve as a catalyst. and i thought everyone was aware that bitcoin was high risk and fluctuates in value frequently, you didn't get the memo? time for a reality check.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:14:03 PM

how?

because the MtGox ruined confidence in other bitcoin exchangers, people don't feel safe anymore keeping their coins online..

so the price dropped everywhere  Undecided

Loozik

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:18:06 PM

Yeah, bitcoins for $100 at Gox and $550 everywhere else is completely normal. Nothing to see here.

I am not saying it is normal. Of course BTC at Stamp and BTC-e and elewhere are extremely overpriced.
gustav (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:19:03 PM

just imagine the headlines tomorrow

'bitcoin failed'  'bitcoin down to 80$'

will be the newstitels of tomorrow.
Loozik

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:22:43 PM

just imagine the headlines tomorrow

'bitcoin failed'  'bitcoin down to 80$'

will be the newstitels of tomorrow.

just imagine the headlines the day after tomorrow

'bitcoin failed'  'bitcoin down to 1.80$'

will be the newstitels of the day after tomorrow.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 09:25:06 PM

I TOTALLY AGREE!  How could they not have halted trading as well there?  It seriously makes me think it's because they wanted the price lower so they could use coins bought there to arbitrage at other exchanges.  GOX NEEDS TO PAY

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:25:34 PM

I am not saying it is normal. Of course BTC at Stamp and BTC-e and elewhere are extremely overpriced.

Mmm Hmm...

gustav (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:27:26 PM

I TOTALLY AGREE!  How could they not have halted trading as well there?  It seriously makes me think it's because they wanted the price lower so they could use coins bought there to arbitrage at other exchanges.  GOX NEEDS TO PAY

exactly this. It would have been only a push of a button to halt trading. Why did they not? Because they wanted to profit off the panic. This drop in price was with full knowledge manifactured by them.
If we let this go like this it will happen again on another exchange another day.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:29:42 PM

what if they used the coins they got to sell on other exchanges?

they would make a fucking fortune since price on MtGox is halved o.O

I think we might be unto something Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: