Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:42:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developing cross-platform apps (games) - which programming language to choose?  (Read 486 times)
Jeffrey (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:20:09 PM

Hi all,
for quite some time I have some cool ideas for games on mobile devices (iOS, Android, Windows) and on facebook. I have now finally decided to actually do something with these ideas and start creating.
One of my friends knows HTML5 and Javascript and he says it's the best language for what I want, mostly aiming towards my requrement for it to be cross-platform.
However, when I browse the interwebs I see that most apps are written in C, C++, Objective-C. The only things I could find when it comes to chosing a programmaing language is that HTML5 is best for my cross-platform needs because the other languages require the app to be rewritten for each platform. Another thing I could find is that C is less intense for the device and thus faster and drains less battery.

Maybe it comes down to being more specific about what I want from the games to see which language suits best, but just for my general knowledge I would really appreciate it if some people here could shed some light on my question.

Oh and like I said my friend knows HTML5 quite well, but for myself I'm considering picking up programming again so I might pick some other language if it helps (or else pick up HTML5 as well)

Thanks Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: