Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Group of (6)! new Antminer S1's not hashing!!  (Read 1326 times)
smalltech1 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:13:17 PM

I am a newbie and ordered (Cool Antminer S1's to try my hand at Bitcoin! The 6 miners were new in the box with most at 1/4/14 date stamps on them... Only (2) is a 12/13 stamp.... Well, I am at my wits end because I cannot for the life of me get 6 of the 8 to mine!! The only 2 that are mining are the two that were used!  I have tried moving to a new network, using a different router, checked any number of network settings like dns server settings, Pool with username and without, the PSU's I am using are gold rated EVGA 650w units and the units allow me to login, I have flashed the firware today from a new release 11 days ago and still NOTHING!! There is no way I have 6 bad units..... HELP!!
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:42:48 PM

Tell us the steps you are taking to assure you are doing it correctly.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
smalltech1 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:48:43 AM

Ok.. I installed a new Cat6 cable from my router to my server room... Installed a trendnet 16 port greenswitch and connected all 8 miners.. I installed 240v receptacles for all power supplies. I turn them all on and by default I guess the miners connect to the internett bc
I initially changed all miners to consecutive IP's 192.168.1.200-208 (skipped 205....) Changed the DNS server to 8.8.8.8.. Made sure the WAN setting is DHCP client... All saved the same as the first two...
I entered the Eligius pool data username as my BC address and just entered some random password... The first two miners have been running flawlessly since I did this.... But, as soon as I entered the Pool data/worker name/ password into the other miners they began to beep! they had lost their connection to the internet... I never get the connection back after the pool settings are entered...

Thats when I began to try different things for the others... I changed routers, I even changed networks... I reset one of the miners to default settings... I flashed the firmware as of today and nothing!

Do I need all three Pools filled in? I didnt need that on the first two....
xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:21:21 AM

Check the NTPD section in the FAQ.  There's a small chance that's the issue.

https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/tree/master/manual

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
smalltech1 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:46:36 AM

Ok... Sushi told me this morning that I needed to repair the NTPD error in my system log.... I guess thats what he meant? I just thought I needed to correct the timezone for my miner to
the correct one? It was one timezone off... I corrected that this AM...

So I need to log into the Linux environment...How would this happen??
xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:07:52 PM

You connect via ssh.

PuTTY is my client of choice.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: