Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Timeframe for new highs  (Read 2759 times)
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:31:34 PM

Based on the previous experience of bitcoin going from 1 to 32, and provided a RALLY would start now, is there a way to determine how fast it could go to that point again and even higher?

I am currently being bullish on bitcoin because I see that it won't dip below 3.80.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shinobi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:34:28 PM

Lol

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:36:40 PM

I'm bullish as well, though there is no way to predict exact speed of new highs, it would be a wave of up and downs gradually getting higher. The climb from 7-8 to 32 took about two weeks at the beginning of the summer.
being

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:37:57 PM

Based on the previous experience of bitcoin going from 1 to 32, and provided a RALLY would start now, is there a way to determine how fast it could go to that point again and even higher?

I am currently being bullish on bitcoin because I see that it won't dip below 3.80.

my crystal ball says it's gonna hit 32 in about 348hours from now.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 06:04:13 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2011, 06:32:14 PM by S3052

The strength and speed of the next rally will show us whether we will be in a strong 3rd wave up or a fifth, terminal wave.
If it will be a THIRD (edit, was a typo before) wave, you will likely see a new high reached even faster than the move from 1$ to 32$.
If it is a fifth wave, it can be very slow, taking up to 6-12 months.

Near term, it seems that some news flow and the OWS movement leads to many new bitcoin users / investors. I see that on my twitter followers which jumped to records in the past few days, much more growth than the past months before.
This is not fully reflected in the Bitcoin price as it will take some time for new people to get funds into the exchanges.

Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 06:06:24 PM

I'm bullish as well, but not for another couple years.  In the meantime I hope it goes lower (difficulty too).

Mousepotato
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 06:10:29 PM

Near term, it seems that some news flow and the OWS movement leads to many new bitcoin users / investors.

I was thinking this as well... good to see others thinking along similar lines.

When people talk about Bitcoin going "back to its obscure geeky roots" or whatever -- I just don't see that as a possibility, especially with OWS accepting donations in BTC now.  These protesters are fired up and as long as they have enough brain capacity to understand "BTC = useful", their acceptance will help the bull market.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 06:11:21 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2011, 06:34:53 PM by NamelessOne

Current trendlines would indicate that 'another couple years' may not be an option. Right now is an important time for bitcoin.  I hope it is the third wave that S3052 mentioned.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 06:32:43 PM

Current trendlines would indicate that 'another couple years' may not be an option. Right now is an important time for bitcoin.  I hope it is the THIRD (sorry I had a typo) wave that S3052 mentioned.

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 07:34:15 PM

I've also noticed increasing interest in bitcoin and I was thinking about the coincidence with S3052 predictions - seems uncanny.  I even invested a bit - maybe too early.
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 07:40:30 PM

Bitcoin will take off again when you can do something with it which you can't do with real money.  (Not that far fetched, but hard to put a timeline on, from what I know.)
BitMagic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 07:58:41 PM

You know one idea I haven't seen anywhere on these forums? That the jump in June was minimally caused by new adopters. Instead, it was the existing community deciding to spend more and hoard more above and beyond the introduction of new miners (old miners expanding?), based on the wrongful perception that news = new.

I have no evidence either way, but it sure wouldn't surprise me (and it would be hilarious) if you all were just fondling each others' jewels this whole time.

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 08:10:53 PM

You know one idea I haven't seen anywhere on these forums? That the jump in June was minimally caused by new adopters. Instead, it was the existing community deciding to spend more and hoard more above and beyond the introduction of new miners (old miners expanding?), based on the wrongful perception that news = new.

I have no evidence either way, but it sure wouldn't surprise me (and it would be hilarious) if you all were just fondling each others' jewels this whole time.

Attitudes like yours make the world a shitty place.  Your precious traditional economy is about to crash hard -- why don't you go revel in that assured carnage??  But you probably already do.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:38:26 PM

the jump in June was minimally caused by new adopters.
I have no evidence either way
Well, I have - the number of forum users nearly doubled in June.
Please come back if you have evidence to support your wild speculations.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 01:39:20 AM

The number of forum users more than hundredfolded the first week this forum was founded  Undecided.
Of course, the correlation has held previously, but it's important to realize that it is just a correlation.
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 05:28:08 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2011, 07:18:44 AM by wareen

The number of forum users more than hundredfolded the first week this forum was founded  Undecided.
So it seems - what do you conclude from this observation?

Of course, the correlation has held previously, but it's important to realize that it is just a correlation.
Sure, hence the term evidence instead of proof.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
ama

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 08:19:36 AM

my crystal ball says it's gonna hit 32 in about 348hours from now.

You should NTP sync your ball, it'll actually be in 348.5.  Oh, wait, your ball said "in about..."

BitMagic

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 06:55:06 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2011, 07:08:52 PM by BitMagic

Nice, you should tell everyone who has no evidence to quit posting. You'll find 3 people left.

Maybe you should come back when you don't have any evidence? This is the speculation subforum. Thanks.

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 07:19:48 PM

The price will fly past $32 by the middle of next week on its way to $1000/BTC where it will hold steady for about 2 years.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
bayer

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 07:24:25 PM

nice joke....
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: