Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:56:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues with GPUs  (Read 486 times)
L36 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:20:16 AM

I'm having a bit of trouble starting up a mining rig and need help. I'm running windows 7 x64 with 3 280x, all cards identical. Drivers and windows is up to date. I don't have a monitor so I remote log in. Even with dummy plugs for some reason the GPUs idle at 0 MHz and when afterburner is open I can't control anything, not even fan speed. When I hook up a monitor its fine for only the card that's hooked up to the monitor. Another thing is 2 out of 3 cards give no temperature readouts for VRMs but the one card does. Last note, the cards do mine if i run cgminer, but fan speeds do not change that the cards heat up slowly which wil lend up killing them. ULPS is disabled. Any ideas why its happening?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:40:36 PM

Which afterburner and windows versions are you using?

Afterburner won't display VRMs temp AFAIK, try GPUz
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:28:24 PM

I'm having a bit of trouble starting up a mining rig and need help. I'm running windows 7 x64 with 3 280x, all cards identical. Drivers and windows is up to date. I don't have a monitor so I remote log in. Even with dummy plugs for some reason the GPUs idle at 0 MHz and when afterburner is open I can't control anything, not even fan speed. When I hook up a monitor its fine for only the card that's hooked up to the monitor. Another thing is 2 out of 3 cards give no temperature readouts for VRMs but the one card does. Last note, the cards do mine if i run cgminer, but fan speeds do not change that the cards heat up slowly which wil lend up killing them. ULPS is disabled. Any ideas why its happening?

which company cards are they ?
L36 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:38:15 AM

which company cards are they ?

XFX 280x black edition OC
Got it working, just hook u pa monitor to one of the cards...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: