Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:50:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: May Bitcoin be considered money according to Islam?  (Read 2582 times)
ansarose1 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:53:00 AM

An interesting question is whether Bitcoin is money according to Islam.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3643

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 11:11:06 AM

In general, Islam does not recognize any currency that is not covered by gold, silver, and other assets.
Based on the above definition, all current currencies are not considered as money according to Islamic Sharia.
Muslim scholars in the current era added an exception to the currencies not covered by gold provided that there is a hand issued and guaranteed value such as the Central Bank.
Therefore, most Muslim scholars do not recognize bitcoin but may change in the future.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jane05

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:37:46 AM

No it doesn't, Bitcoin is not money which it is a cryptocurrency means that a digital currency in which encryption techniques to generate money.
koki123

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:55:14 AM

I do not know, I just know This is a kind of money created by a person or organization named Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008.
BlackRogue

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:42:08 PM

Anything which is earned by gambling or by the method of acquiring interest, is not acceptable in Islam. BTC are mined, i.e. people do work hard in it, and they pour money on it and get the work done. It does not defy the law in Islam so far, so it should not be haram.
maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:51:13 PM

I don't think that it does matter which religion you have. I have never heard that dollar has been mentioned in the Islamic religion as well. It is business and financial side has nothing to do with religion
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:56:04 PM

i have no idea about this but i can say bitcoin is not money but a digital currency and its like asset and it is halal in islamic law.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:08:05 PM

Some Islamic scholars do not recognize bitcoin as a currency because one of the conditions that must be met as a currency is that it has a physical form while bitcoin does not meet these requirements. However, basically, bitcoin is created not as a currency but as a digital product that has value. Why is bitcoin now widely regarded as currency? The answer is because bitcoin starts switching functions and is used as goods for trading or investment.
teamspike911

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:13:42 PM

Ahahahaha
Unusual question ... indeed, there is something to think about HD
However, I unfortunately do not know much about Islam ... so I'll help you with the solution of this question ...
However, for the question, thanks, really something new)
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:25:14 PM

Some Islamic scholars do not recognize bitcoin as a currency because one of the conditions that must be met as a currency is that it has a physical form while bitcoin does not meet these requirements. However, basically, bitcoin is created not as a currency but as a digital product that has value. Why is bitcoin now widely regarded as currency? The answer is because bitcoin starts switching functions and is used as goods for trading or investment.
I am a Muslim, and I have asked people who understand Islam more than I, I ask about bitcoin whether it is halal or not if it is used?
he said that halal bitcoin, and meet the requirements of Islamic Shari'a, so for you who are Muslim. do not hesitate because halal bitcoin is used for you.
assalamualaikum  Smiley
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:12:08 PM

According to Islam, bitcoin is still controversial, while some Islamic countries accept bitcoin trade, while in many countries it isn't clear. I think no problem because there are still discussions about Bitcoin all over the world.
oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 10:32:11 PM

Is it really more of a religious significance since it is some unique to the present age of human development?Anything that can used as a means of payment is money
CrashGangster

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:31:59 PM

According to Islamic scholars and Hadiths, the currency you are using should have the feature to be backed by any asset like gold, silver, diamond etc. In this case, Bitcoin is not backed by any of the assets neither it has a physical form which makes it unacceptable as a currency in Islam.
yecats

Activity: 395
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:43:38 PM
Merited by BrewMaster (1)

Hi, here's a related  article tackles about Is Bitcoin Haram or Halal for Muslim's and If they consinder cyrptocurriens as Money. Hope  it will help.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cointelegraph.com/news/is-bitcoin-halal-how-cryptocurrency-conforms-with-islam-and-sharia/amp#ampshare=https://cointelegraph.com/news/is-bitcoin-halal-how-cryptocurrency-conforms-with-islam-and-sharia
Spown

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:51:50 AM

Islamic scholars are believe that bitcoin is not meaning of money because it is not covered by gold or silver. I think here are more different opinion.
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:57:56 AM

The true bitcoin is the currency. There are also Muslims who allow and there are also those who do not allow for their own reasons.
symmakess

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:02:31 AM

There is a different opinion about whether Bitcoin money is in the eyes of Islam. Islamic scholars believe that this is not the meaning because it can not be wrapped by gold silver or any other metal material. Although many of the Muslim scholars do not know about Bitcoin.
itrade777

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:03:27 AM

I have some friends who are Muslim but they also acquire bitcoin. Many of them in their belief that they did not defy their religion since digital currency is not gold or silver. Bitcoin is being mined and can be acquired through hardship and effort.
zinson01

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 12:01:36 PM

Till now I think bitcoin is more halal in Islam as it is not based on debt rather it is based on the work of projects.
gaxfrwpy

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:05:31 PM

There are about 2 billion of the Islamic believers around the world, and some Islamic countries define bitcoin as an unlawful currency, which may slow the spread of the bitcoin community in the Islamic countries.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: