Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:38:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: May Bitcoin be considered money according to Islam?  (Read 2578 times)
nghihuynh2018

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:35:30 PM

Bitcoin was the sole currency marketplace for drugs and other illicit goods and services that was shuttered by the FBI in 2013.sp Bitcoin is also as money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
petloer

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 06:17:37 PM

So far I am concerned bitcoin is more halal in Islam due to the way it is being originated and the reason for being halal is it is not based on debt rather it is based on proof of work.
rahimali

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:25:05 PM

Yes it is true that all currencies are not considered as money until it is covered by silver, gold or any other kind of assets. So the scholars in Islam do not actually recognize bitcoin as money
zahwaaja123

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:31:12 PM

according to the opinion of the religious scholars in my country, bitcoin is the same as money because as a means of payment or means of exchange received by the general public, some also refuse because it can not be accepted in the public or other countries.
so in my opinion, bitcoin is like a currency that can be accepted by any religion. because to get bitcion it needs hard work.
ofelia25

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:25:21 PM

according to the opinion of the religious scholars in my country, bitcoin is the same as money because as a means of payment or means of exchange received by the general public, some also refuse because it can not be accepted in the public or other countries.
so in my opinion, bitcoin is like a currency that can be accepted by any religion. because to get bitcion it needs hard work.
That is right, we may consider bitcoin already as a currency since you can always do transact just like currency or fiat can do, the thing is that it is just not known or legal yet so in public or in the eyes of the law it is not a currency.
joellogan

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 09:20:45 PM

Islam has its own rules like others. It is one of the fastest growning religion. According to Islamic canoniacal known as Sharia in which bitcoin sometimes considered as halal according to situation.
rileyhill

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:30:58 PM

Islam supports intrinsic commodities which can be used as currency. That can be paper or can be money but that have to be backed by the commodity which is intrinsic.
rileyhill

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:33:10 PM

As far I know,some mufti’s counselor think it is haram, because thaty think it is used to fund the terrorists directly. They think btc could allow for piracy, tax evasion, fraud and corruption.
markluis

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:41:16 PM

Islam is a religion of peace. It has many rules. So it has rules in case of its currency too. In islam it requires to any debt currency can’t be linked. Some people think btc as money. So the halal or haram of  btc currency is actually variable accrding to the situation of its use.
markluis

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:42:27 PM

In islam btc considered as halal. Normally traditional bank apply the principle of fractional reserve which has strictly prohibited but transaction of btc are not like that
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:37:17 AM

An interesting question is whether Bitcoin is money according to Islam.

Some Islamic scholars do not recognize bitcoin as a currency because one of the conditions that must be met as a currency is that it has a physical form while bitcoin does not meet these requirements. However, basically, bitcoin is created not as a currency but as a digital product that has value. Why is bitcoin now widely regarded as currency? The answer is because bitcoin starts switching functions and is used as goods for trading or investment.

that must be met as a currency is that it has a physical form

Other virtual currencies(including national currencies) shouldn't be acceptable if that is the case.
Someone above said the religion permits the use of Gold (which does increase in value too), so why not Bitcoin?
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:58:28 AM

An interesting question is whether Bitcoin is money according to Islam.

Where did you get this story?or is this a legend?lol

Have to put some proofs or links here mate so we may have reference from this thread,

But about the muslim stands regarding bitcoin ,(if this is truth)then this is a good news because we know how large the muslim communitu here in crypto and in the world,they represented big volume of users
Sonik33

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:20:50 AM

Bitcoin is the same as money because it is a medium of exchange accepted by the general public, value standards and saving tools. But other clerics rejected it in recognition of the general public because there are still many countries that reject it
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:30:38 AM
Merited by whiteblue (6)

I think BTC is not money, if it is in the view of Muslims, because the condition of being money is inappropriate
according to Muslims, money must have the same value as its nominal value, therefore gold or silver-based money becomes a legal and official medium of exchange for Muslims,

digital money has a nominal value, but its value is not equivalent to its nominal value, it is the same as the nominal and not the same banknotes

nominal = number indicated on money
value = price of manufacture material
itglobe

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:40:35 AM

Do you think that ISLAM has mentioned currencies in the holy book? I just heard about SILVER, GOLD. This needs huge research while saying anything related to this matter. It's all about you that if your mind says like this then don't consider BTC as money.  Wink
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:41:36 AM

in my country, in a statement, it turned out that bitcoin was rejected as a currency. because bitcoin always has to go up and down and is considered to cause usury.
juljon18

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:42:27 AM

Very interesting on how this technology may pave the way for a common world OR it may create a huge rift right where one is not needed.  Hopefully in the end the blockchain is used to bring us together.  
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:45:42 AM

Till now I think bitcoin is more halal in Islam as it is not based on debt rather it is based on the work of projects.
bitcoin has the same price changes as fiat in general, although the changes are faster, so it can mean that bitcoin is also lawfu/halal
but for the standard of money in Islam is goods that do not have fluctuations and inflation, money in Islam itself is dinar
ntodntodan69

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:20:43 AM

The definition of money from the book Buhuts fi al-Iqtishad al-Islami "Money: everything that becomes the medium of exchange and is generally accepted, whatever the form and in any condition." if it is seen from the book, it is permissible, that is in my opinion!
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:48:34 AM

what is clear in Islam in ancient times when the transaction was only using gold and silver that had been printed. the goal is to make it easier to make transactions easier. because mas and silver have a high exchange rate according to the gold or silver contained in it ..then the era has developed and it is easy to use paper money again. because paper money also has a high value according to the value and type of the currency .then now there is bitcoin digital money. I think it's legitimate to see the explanation above. the important thing is to have an exchange rate and be recognized and can be used as a transaction tool from both the seller and the buyer.

if my comment is still wrong please comment below ?? ..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: