Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:52:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IRAN TO LAUNCH ITS OWN CRYPTOCURRENCY, GOOD OR BAD FOR CRYPTO ADOPTION?  (Read 263 times)
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:41:15 AM

By the way,according to the recent news,Venezuela is printing paper money like crazy.The hyperinflaiton will continue,and the PETRO coin was a joke.Iran is heading to the same hyperinflation road,due to the embargo.A govcoin won`t allow them to bypass the embargo,just like the perto coin didn`t allow Venezuela to bypass the sactions and import goods using their shitty coin.Nobody will trust such gov coin and it`s value will be close to zero.It doesn`t matter if it`s backed by oil or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RockBar0

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:37:00 AM

By the way,according to the recent news,Venezuela is printing paper money like crazy.The hyperinflaiton will continue,and the PETRO coin was a joke.Iran is heading to the same hyperinflation road,due to the embargo.A govcoin won`t allow them to bypass the embargo,just like the perto coin didn`t allow Venezuela to bypass the sactions and import goods using their shitty coin.Nobody will trust such gov coin and it`s value will be close to zero.It doesn`t matter if it`s backed by oil or not.
At present, the situation is very volatile market is difficult. But not every effort is stopped, they are trying to promote what they have to keep pace with the progress of the times. Hope for these difficulties, will soon. Let other countries also have conditions to participate and conditions for economic development. The goal is global economic exchanges with mankind.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:02:40 AM

my opinion might be good because blockchain technology will be educated to some new people in the country, as always there will always be other opinions about this news, because as you know that Iran launches its own cryptocurrency as a form of boycott international sanctions.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:04:58 AM

A few months back, we had Venezuela launching its own cryptocurrency- The Petro, now we have some announcement than IRAN will  be doing same soon, 'Govcoin' as it will be called is meant to help the Iranian Government boycott international sanctions.It seem other countries with similar restriction will be exploring the blockchain to achieve similar goals.I have my reservations about government-issues cryptos, do you think this is healthy for the cryptocurrency in general?

SOURCE:https://news.bitcoin.com/the-iranian-government-is-preparing-to-launch-its-own-cryptocurrency/

More country issuing their own cryptocurrency its good for cryptomarket. Peoples will have many option beside bitcoin and altcoin. If Iran Government release their own currency, its mean cryptocurrency regulated in Iran and I am believe it will followed by others country
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 10:41:24 AM

We have seen the evolution and growth of ICOs for some months now and maybe it is time we started seeing a change as we start getting to see countries coming up with their own cryptocurrency. This might be the trend to be looking forward to in coming years.

I would not say it is a bad thing as this could bring about some transparency in a way but it all still depends on the government being ready to utilize it for the benefit of the country and not because they want to enrich themselves based on the fact that it would be centralized anyway. Otherwise, for very corruption ridden countries, it would not make any difference if that corruption is not dealt with.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 03:25:29 PM

I can’t confirm the authenticity of the news from an independent source, but I found a copy of the report here.[1]
The regime in Iran is a religious system, where the state adopts an approach to Islam called the Shiite doctrine.
I do not know about the rule of the Bitcoin in that doctrine, but the Islamic world so far does not officially accept it. [3]
Generally, if this news is correct, I do not expect it to have any effect because the transactions in cryptocurrencies need a trust that seems to be missing in the Iranian currency.
The positive point is the success of blockchain regime in attracting governments.

[1] Iran Considers Using Cryptocurrencies to Evade US Sanctions
[2] Iran Will Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency to Bust U.S. Sanctions
[3] Egypt's Dar al-Iftaa deems Bitcoin currency as forbidden in Islam

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:40:08 PM

A few months back, we had Venezuela launching its own cryptocurrency- The Petro, now we have some announcement than IRAN will  be doing same soon, 'Govcoin' as it will be called is meant to help the Iranian Government boycott international sanctions.It seem other countries with similar restriction will be exploring the blockchain to achieve similar goals.I have my reservations about government-issues cryptos, do you think this is healthy for the cryptocurrency in general?

SOURCE:https://news.bitcoin.com/the-iranian-government-is-preparing-to-launch-its-own-cryptocurrency/
I can understand a cause for caution. Although at face value it seems like a great news, and improves the adoption of bitcoin in different countries in general. But the main motive of these currencies in the end is to by pass unfavourable trade laws. The trade laws unfavourable for them, on the other hand might be profitable for other big countries and thus on one hand where cryptos would become a bail out instrument for crises stricken countries, other financially powerful countries might crackdown harder on them.
StacksCity
Copper Member

Activity: 38
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 12:05:35 PM

The implication it may have would lead to a more active involvement in crypto and blockchain from other government as well. As we are still at an extremely early stage for mass adoption, I'd personally consider this "Good" for the crypto adoption.
horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 12:26:06 PM

I can understand a cause for caution. Although at face value it seems like a great news, and improves the adoption of bitcoin in different countries in general. But the main motive of these currencies in the end is to by pass unfavourable trade laws. The trade laws unfavourable for them, on the other hand might be profitable for other big countries and thus on one hand where cryptos would become a bail out instrument for crises stricken countries, other financially powerful countries might crackdown harder on them.
I think that besides Iran there are some countries that make their own cryptocurrency for their country. but I think as long as it is still based on bitcoin, this is not a problem. but if not, then what you worry about can happen, because they are only looking for their own profit and do not heed bitcoin as the mother of cryptocurrency

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 12:57:30 PM

Then why should it be bad for them to launch their own crypto? Is it not good enough that crypto is spreading all around the globe? We should be happy.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 11:04:44 PM

For one thing, i just hope that the execution of yhis coin would be good since this is one of the first govcoins today and they could set the pace and presidence on how the market will dictate the future govcoins. I also hope that it will become successful but honestly? Do we need a nee blockchain just for government use?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: