I've run into a little snag and wanted to get some feedback from everyone before signing a contract with the hotel for the weekend of the convention.
The plan is to hold the event March the 17th and 18th, Saturday and Sunday. Naturally, I assume most people would like to arrive on Friday so that they can go straight from their hotel room to the conference. The problem is, the hotel I've been dealing with, which is a very nice one right next door to the center, is sold out on Friday the 16th.
They have no problem holding the rooms for Saturday and Sunday night, but I don't know how many of you would be willing to head back home on a Monday. I'm considering just releasing the Sunday night rooms so that we aren't held responsible for them.
Now, here's an alternate proposal the hotel has made: we can reserve a block of 200 rooms at a sister property just 2 blocks away for Friday and Saturday night at the rate of $195 per night. This hotel isn't quite as luxurious as the first one and is a little farther away, but it is available at the most convenient times.
Of course, if I get a relatively evenly distributed array of responses, I'll just reserve two smaller blocks of rooms at both hotels.
Thank you in advance for your participation.