Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:19:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll reveals 2% of American investors own Bitcoin  (Read 954 times)
Roukawa

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:31:09 PM

A recent Gallup poll shows the early adopters of Bitcoin among American investors.

2% might not sound like it's a lot but it's a very good start for such a new investment category. The question is what else needs to be done to get that 2% number higher?

You can read about the poll and the other results of the survey here: https://bitcoinist.com/quarter-us-investors-intrigued-bitcoin-poll/
Its usual but I think European people are more interested in cryptocurrency. Though there are many people in US who invested in bitcoin but investment in cryptocurrency are more attractive to the Europeans. As a matter of fact, many projects are originated in Europe however, Asia is growing right now and expect that it will change when Asian people hold coins.

FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:35:51 PM

and this figure will only increase, believe me, in 10 years everyone will be shocked by the price of bitcoin Smiley
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:23:51 PM

In my opinion, now, due to the fact that the rate BTC is falling, the growth of investment in bitcoin has slowed. But already in terms of circulation this cryptocurrency is included in the TOP 5 world currencies.
Well honestly that number might be too low but if you will analyze deeper then you will realize that the number is still good. We all know that bitcoin is still developing so having a trust from 2% of americans is already a good number to start. I hope that time will come for that number to rise and get high. It would be awesome to have many americans in this system.

i'd say it is at least twice the amount that it should be. meaning below 1%  and unlike what these news sites keep saying, it is not 2% of Americans nor American investors. it is 2% of a small group that they chose from. read Franky's comment above. it is their group that is mostly interested in bitcoin in my opinion. and the real number of bitcoin investors is a lot less than that which is clearly seen on the low price of bitcoin!

There is a FOMO brewing...
earnetheasy

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:39:36 PM

There are several things can be done to increase participation. Like a lots of positive promotion and success stories are needed. And i think the whole process is need to be easy.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:03:47 PM

In my opinion, now, due to the fact that the rate BTC is falling, the growth of investment in bitcoin has slowed. But already in terms of circulation this cryptocurrency is included in the TOP 5 world currencies.
Well it's still shows a good percentage despite the problems bitcoin had face. American knows what system could help them and I'm just so happy that there's still 2% who believe in bitcoin. It's just amazing that bitcoin is receiving the trust it needs to perform. I hope that those percentage will get high and rise as well.

It astounds me that this number is so low. I am proud to be a part of that 2%, I take pride in holding Bitcoin! This is Bullish that this number is so incredibly small. This number will surely increase as time goes on, as Bitcoin each day is looking like a more and more legitimate asset and a fantastic alternative to gold. Bitcoin fits great in today's digital society.

I think that something like Bitcoin was inevitable. There needs to be a way to store value on the internet without a third party. This is simply a must have today and in the future. Bitcoin fulfilled this, and because of that, adoption will only increase as time goes on, like it has been since 2009.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:51:05 PM

If just 2% adoption could do this to the Bitcoin price then think of what a 10% adoption rate would do. And in this 2% too I think that very less people own a substantial amount. There is still too much room left for Bitcoin to grow and there is nothing stopping it from achieving it.
olenka.1988

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:40:27 PM

I think that more than 2% and in general, since many wallets are not controlled

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MOOLYACOIN.IO ║ World's 1st Comprehensive Global Digital Startup Ecosystem (https://www.moolyacoin.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:26:09 AM

Many american people buy bitcoin for their retirement, bitcoin has good future so they buy bitcoin. Most of american people are open minded so they can accept bitcoin when they realize that there are many benefits on it.

Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:04:59 AM

A recent Gallup poll shows the early adopters of Bitcoin among American investors.

2% might not sound like it's a lot but it's a very good start for such a new investment category. The question is what else needs to be done to get that 2% number higher?

You can read about the poll and the other results of the survey here: https://bitcoinist.com/quarter-us-investors-intrigued-bitcoin-poll/

For advance country like america, i think 2% is too little. If 20% peoples America start investing their money in cryptocurrency market, I am believe crypto market will more attractive. But i am believe in next years, many peoples in the world will involve in crypto market because crypto right now gain more popularity

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:23:01 AM

i don't know why so many people in this topic and the duplicates of it are claiming this to be "shocking"! 2% may be a little off the market but it still is a pretty good estimate and lets not forget that the price rise (or more accurately the shoot up to the moon) brought in a lot of investors and this poll is only asking "investors" not regular people.
if it did ask regular people then the percentage would have been less than 0.5%

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
angelfaria

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:47:51 PM

Cryptocurrency is really going good but it needs lots of improvements. It has some minor problem also which can be solved by developers. Doing these things can influence more people to participate here.
btchunter786

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:03:59 PM

Given America is a developed country, this poll came off as a shock. The numbers should have been way higher than a mere 2%. The government needs to get to the core and see why the numbers are so less.
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:10:16 PM

If the world and government is fair.
i think Americans should have now more than 10 percent of BITCOIN
but they want to regulate it and get their people pit of cryptocurrency a sad truth.
rez303

Activity: 338

StartFi

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:27:06 PM

Given America is a developed country, this poll came off as a shock. The numbers should have been way higher than a mere 2%. The government needs to get to the core and see why the numbers are so less.

Because the US government has many restrictions on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. A number of large ICO projects have banned people from living in the United States. So 2% of American investors own Bitcoin are normal

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dmcx

Activity: 348

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:28:49 PM

This is a very small number. I used to think that in the United States there are a lot of whales that are investing in the cryptocurrency market. But it seems that US investors do not like Bitcoin as investors in Europe and Asia

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
idontcare

Activity: 363

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:30:53 PM

This can only be rumors and not a true news. All Bitcoin wallet addresses are anonymous and we will never be able to know the Bitcoin owner information. Therefore, it is impossible to investigate the number of Bitcoin owners in the United States

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SoliDCoiNs777

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:36:39 PM

"American investors" is the key word here. There will be many general citizen too who owns bitcoin. But, this scene can change drastically if SEC sanctions bitcoin ETF. Many big corporate investors will be trying to make a profit out of it which will increase the number of users joining the market in the process. The data however, looks depressing as of now.
cryptoJJJ

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:41:36 PM

2% seems like a high number already, and in the years to come more and more will try to get hands on some bitcoins, and that will leave to even higher bitcoin prices.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:45:07 PM

2% is less ludicrous than some polls out there but it doesn't tell us what proportion of the American population is an investor. The majority don't have a pot to piss in and live on mayonnaise sandwiches.

It is time to leave the 'literally no one has ANY' narrative behind now. When Coinbase was in the top app list for a while that indicates some serious interest out there. I can well believe 1% of all Americans have some by now. That's only 3 million people.
jackpot888

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:11:09 PM

To be honest, it is really hard to accept the fact that only 2% of them owns BTC. In my opinion, the number is heavily understated for some reason. Even if the survey result is accurate, there can be a huge rise in number given that the next few hearings on Bitcoin ETF goes in favor of the crypto community. Many big investors are likely to join the market and the number will increase too.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: