Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:50:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin got me some action...  (Read 3406 times)
RandyFolds (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:12:27 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2011, 01:42:35 AM by RandyFolds

Alright, folks.

Shit's been boring aside from the SC2 clusterfuck, so I thought I would tell you about my hilarious experience this past weekend. It is a long story but will hopefully encourage you to rant about bitcoin to anyone that will listen.

A friend of mine that I hadn't seen in years invited me to a party a few weekends ago. She is a super-hipster-rich-white-city-girl, and I am a poor biologist who likes to sleep outside. She and her friends are all stockbrokers and lawyers and whatnot, and I am self-employed and stoned and shiftless. We have NO friends in common; I knew it was going to be an hilariously awkward party, so I decided to do it up proper. I like to cook, so I made baklava, both a regular batch and a 'medicated' batch. I am quite confident in my baking skills, and I know that if you make the most delicious thing at a potluck, you will have conversation all night. If you do that and give them a version that gets them stoned, people will love you.

So basically, I am at a party with a bunch of strangers that I bonded with by making them delicious deserts and then I find out that this beautiful blonde girl does something with programming and forex trading for some firm. I immediately ask her if she knows what bitcoin is, (no) and then proceed to babble on about it at length for a while, and she's seeming legitimately interested. So, we kind of end up off to the side conversing for a while, though it's definitely more me talking. I am never one to lay it on to thick so I just sort of drift back to the rest of the party, figuring I've got a new acquaintance at the very least.

Flash foward a couple hours and some beers: I am drunk and telling everyone about the gold prospecting expedition I will be going on the next morning (yeah, i pan gold). People are surprisingly interested when they find that you actually prospect, with sluices and classifying boxes and pans and whatnot, so I get on this big diatribe about how some of these banker kids are gonna have to invest my gold when I get rich with a find that trumps the comstock nugget. Girl starts telling me about how she really likes hiking and wants to find more spots nearby. I half jokingly suggest that she come panning the next morning but don't follow up at all.

Flash forward again: Girl is leaving the party and she comes and finds me and gets my number to tag along on the prospecting mission. I am pretty amazed, but figure she is just drunk and probably will flake out the next morning.

Upon getting home, I was racking my brain, trying to figure out why this beautiful rich blonde girl from the complete opposite side of the tracks would have ever given me the time of day and it comes to me...bitcoin. I ranted about bitcoin and some beautiful rich stockbroker from waaaaay out of my league asked for my number.

Next morning comes, I get a call bright and early from this chick; she wants to go panning. So, I round up my dog and sluice box and my prospecting gear, first aid kit, crevasse tools, pack-shovels, that kinda crap, and this chick meets me at my house and we leave from there. I was impressing her catching frogs and bugs and identifying plants and telling her about the life history of them and the geology of the area and whatnot and I think she came out of it thinking I was some sort of mountain man, which is far from the case, but I'll take it. The hike was fun, but awkward because we were just so friggin' different, and I decided that I would not embarrass myself by trying to pursue anything with her and just wrote off the possibility of touching it.

Then I get a call this past friday from this chick, saying she is all stressed out and needs to get out of the city and wants to know if I will take her hiking. I was 100% down, even with the awkwardness, because hiking with a beautiful girl beats hiking with my dog, but I had no intention of flirting. This was a complete 'friends' trip in my mind. Soooo, bringing it full circle, we go on a really epic hike and I end up railing this beautiful blonde stockbroker on top of a waterfall in the Sierras. Bam.

TL;DR - Bitcoin got me laid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:19:13 PM

I wish everybody would add a 4-word-tl-td to his posts Grin
wannaBhacker

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:20:38 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:24:19 PM

Cool story bro'.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:27:00 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen.

yeah i too want to see said waterfall.
RandyFolds (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:45:45 PM

http://www.modernhiker.com/2008/08/11/hiking-the-east-fork-of-san-gabriel-river-to-the-bridge-to-nowhere/

That has pictures of the hike (not taken by me), but I have no pictures of said waterfall. It wasn't on the main river. We hiked up a little tributary to 'explore' a bit.
ParrotyBit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 09:27:47 PM

Soooo, bringing it full circle, we go on a really epic hike and I end up railing this beautiful blonde stockbroker on top of a waterfall in the Sierras. Bam.

Those are the San Gabriel Mountains, the Sierras are a ways off!

I actually had no idea people went panning anywhere near there, I live right off Azusa, and I've been driving halfway to San Diego instead.
RandyFolds (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 10:01:47 PM

Soooo, bringing it full circle, we go on a really epic hike and I end up railing this beautiful blonde stockbroker on top of a waterfall in the Sierras. Bam.

Those are the San Gabriel Mountains, the Sierras are a ways off!

I actually had no idea people went panning anywhere near there, I live right off Azusa, and I've been driving halfway to San Diego instead.

I had to look that one up... It is still the Sierras all the way down to Santa Barbara, just the Madres vs. the Nevadas. It sort of fades in to the San Rafael and San Garbriel range without much distinction.

The east fork is huge for panning. Before the suction dredging moratorium, people used to be there with their rafts and highbankers.

If you live in Asuza, it's worth checking out basically anywhere in the Los Padres and the Angeles National Forest. I pan at Switzer Canyon and Millard Canyon a lot, but only after storms as the waterways aren't too big. I have also had some good luck a Piru Creek, off the 5 up towards the 14.
oyster2000

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 10:19:27 PM

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

half truth half lie whatever, if was true i wouldnt have put this post up, cos you wont be hitting it again if she sees this lol
RandyFolds (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 11:13:05 PM

What the hell? You just yada yada'ed the best part.

I am not writing an entry for the penthouse forum, I was just telling a story that quite frankly, amazed the hell out of me. As I said, I chalk this one up to bitcoin.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

half truth half lie whatever, if was true i wouldnt have put this post up, cos you wont be hitting it again if she sees this lol

Green eggs and haaaaaaaaaam!

I can't imagine she would ever end up here...even if she did, whatever. Who can take offense to being called 'beautiful' and 'out-of-my-league'? A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell and include names.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 11:16:12 PM

The moral of the story - Be a biologist plus bitcoin miner Smiley .  That was really some great encounters thanks to Bitcoin
astana

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 05:11:06 PM

rep + 100000000000000000  Grin
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 03:54:25 AM

is her name britany?  i banged her up on that waterfall too. and at the top of half dome.
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 05:44:41 PM

One time at a posh SomethingAwful party I said "I deal in Bitcoins" and a fleet of beautiful women of all colors, creeds and races descended upon me to shower me with the most indescribable blowjobs.

Trust me guys, this isn't something I'd lie about on the internet.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 06:11:49 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why Starcraft 2 was a clusterfuck.

Mousepotato
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 06:24:24 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why Starcraft 2 was a clusterfuck.

Starcraft players love to have circlejerks about every part of the game, they just took it to the next level.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 03:53:10 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2011, 03:29:05 PM by bitcon

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 05:06:28 AM

Doesn't seem to be working, are you sure that is the right URL?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
bracek

Activity: 530

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 12:18:34 PM

OP did not write the most important part
how did he actually describe bitcoins Smiley
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 12:23:33 PM

I found girls are strangely attracted to biologists.  More so than the other hard sciences.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: