Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:31:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New kid on the block needs help  (Read 774 times)
10thplanet (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 01:16:14 AM

Hello, I'm new and registered to ask if I should go to

centre gold, buy liberty reserve with credit card then go to mt. gox to buy bitcoins?

also, where do I go to find out how to transfer to my wallet and such and such.
this is my first time buying bitcoins
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 01:34:24 AM

Hello, I'm new and registered to ask if I should go to

centre gold, buy liberty reserve with credit card then go to mt. gox to buy bitcoins?

also, where do I go to find out how to transfer to my wallet and such and such.
this is my first time buying bitcoins

I don't know what centre gold is, but LR is one way to go about it!

When logged in to your account on Gox, (after your purchase) You click "withdraw funds" It'll give you options, choose BTC. Copy/Paste your wallet address to the box designated and how much to withdraw. Click ok! About an hour or two later, their in your wallet!

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 01:59:01 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2011, 12:22:45 PM by paraipanakos

Hey, the fastest and easier way to get some bitcoins would be getting them with paypal on virwox.com exchange. You don't have to create a SecondLife account for that only a username and password on the exchange site and buy linden dollars first and the exchange to bitcoins. The fees are not to high but can't be ignored, they accept paypal though which is a bit risky from a bitcoin seller point of view.

In the long run you should try making wire transfers to an exchange that gives you the lowest fees and fast deposits, mtgox or tradehill atm. I use tradehill for sepa zone and don't pay fees at all.

Transferring bicoins to you wallet it's easier than buying. Start the bitcoin client and copy the address you see in the main window and then paste it on the withdraw page of the exchange. Hit withdraw and wait for it to appear in your client. I guess you already read the wiki and found out that you have to wait for the blockchain to download completely before using it. See this page for the actual number of blocks your client should download and display in the bottom right corner.

You can search this forum if you want to find out more specific info on your issues or join #bitcoin channel on FreeNode

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
tabascoslimjim

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 03:30:47 AM

I'm just trying to trade bitcoins with sellers here. seems a lot easier
10thplanet (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 06:10:06 PM

very helpful thanks a lot, i did everything to the letter and copied the adress to my wallet to get the bitcoins transfered but they havent showed up yet :/

I'm guessing it takes a day o two if they decide to check it for security reasons?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: