Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:47:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you thoughts on this rig?  (Read 688 times)
doto (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:53:38 AM

I am interested in your thoughts about this setup, I just want to get my money back for the electric bill and maybe produce a little profit so don't bash me Smiley
Maybe after few months get my back the money invested in this rig

CPU:
AMD Sempron 145 2.8GHz Single-Core Processor
Motherboard:
ASRock 990FX Extreme4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
RAM:
Cheapest 4gb ram
GPU:
AMD Radeon R9 270, 2048MB, GDDR5, 256bit, DVI, HDMI, PCI-E
Sursa:
Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Are these components ok? what should i change

PS. I hope i posted in the correct section.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MonkeyDOH

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:08:39 AM

these components look ok anyway that's a good setup
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:09:56 AM

PSU is overpowered for just 1 GPU, are you planning to add extra cards on short term?

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
doto (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:05:57 AM

PSU is overpowered for just 1 GPU, are you planning to add extra cards on short term?

well depends how much profit i make / month if make enough that i can buy another GPU in about 2 months then yes .

What do you think ?
Ritual

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:49:36 AM

The build looks fine, but a couple of things...

1) You can expect about 400-450KH from that card. Maybe a bit more - plenty of people who can help you tweak it to the max on these forums Smiley This is not going to earn you a lot in the short term. Doing a quick and dirty calculation from the pool I use (clever mining) - 0.01 BTC/day/MHash. If we round you to 500Kh (0.5 Mh), then you'd be looking at about 0.005 BTC per day, or 0.15 BTC in a month. Whether that's profit for you or not depends on the value of BTC I guess.

2) The PSU is indeed quite large for just one card, but it gives you the flexibility to add a second if you wish. It'll only pull what it needs, so it won't cost you more in electricity to have a bit more elbow room. I'd keep it.

3) Consider if you can manage to budget for a second card at the start - get a little more hash power now and put it to work, as the difficulty tends to rise on most coins, which makes your hash power earn less as time goes on.

Rit.

Newbie oriented mining site - http://cryptoexperiment.wordpress.com/ --- Free BTC - http://freebitco.in/?r=231531
doto (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:04:46 AM

That profit would be fine by me, i know i will not get rich by the next day, i just want to get my money back on the long term, but reinvest in a new card after few months of mining. So that is why i would buy that mobo and psu,
I don't really know if the manufacturer of the GPU card matter or that is OC or non-OC .
Ritual

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:43:20 AM

I just noticed something...you've listed a R9-270. I' suggest going for the R9-270X if you can. There are a lot of people who will give you an opinion on the best brand etc, but as a quick tip, the Sapphire Toxic seems to be about the best for mining. I stand to be corrected Smiley

And I am doing a similar thing to you - small investment, building up over a period of time. Best of luck!

Rit.

Newbie oriented mining site - http://cryptoexperiment.wordpress.com/ --- Free BTC - http://freebitco.in/?r=231531
doto (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:59:23 AM

The only thing is there is a promotion for asus card, you get a free copy of BF 4 which i can resell.

But if you say there is such a big difference between them i would get it. 60 $ price difference if i get the Toxic.
roger11

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:08:14 AM

recommand asrock h61,h81 pro btc with 5 slot ex
doto (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:57:59 AM

that's an intel mobo. That means the CPU will be more expensive. But the mobo itself is cheaper then the one i chose.

I have a budget about 550 $ so i need to buy smart.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: