Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:55:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice from Negativ: Cloud mining - how to mine profitable  (Read 633 times)
Negativ_mi (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:18:39 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 04:57:25 PM by Negativ_mi
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Nowadays, there are a lot of videos on the Internet, what is cloud mining and how to work with it. Many of these videos consider low profitability of cloud mining and drive you to the conclusion that this type of mining is not worth trying. Partially these conclusions are correct, however there are exceptions, which I'm going to write about.

Some cryptocurrency coins change their difficulty level after a certain number of successfully mined blocks, depending on the coin 100, 200 or even 2000 blocks  (PGN, RVN coin) required to be mined before the difficulty change. Inexperienced users almost always pass by without paying attention to this interesting feature, but this feature is potentially profitable in cloud mining.

Here I will explain why these coins might be interesting for cloud mining applications. The fact is that experienced miners "shake" the mining difficulty of the coin in such a way that the difficulty fluctuates with the maximum amplitudes. A good example of that kind of behavior is famous Pigeon coin that used to change difficulty level every 2016 blocks and miners rocked its difficulty so much that the low diff value was 4-5 times less than the high. This allowed cunning miners to enter every 2-3 weeks for a very profitable mining, which usually lasts only for about a day. During this day, they gain 4-5 times more profit than if they were continuously mining Pigeon coin. Today, this coin's difficulty changes every 360 blocks and highly profitable mining lasts only a few hours.

And here comes the benefit of cloud mining, which will allow you just in a few hours to get x4-x5 of the amount that you are going to spend. Let's say you have deposited 0.01 BTC, and as a result you will get 0.03-0.04 BTC. So how does it work? During the difficulty drop, you pour the leased cloud mining power into particular coin with low diff.

Interestingly, it seems to be so simple that ordinary users think that there is no point doing so, that everything is already occupied by other miners. However, that is not entirely correct this field is barely occupied.

Those who hand over power to Nicehash notice that at some point some algorithm shoots for profitability. Obviously, someone started to use your computation power in this type of coin with variable difficulty. Often professionals find such coin, with difficulty difference between low and high diff with only 5% or so. And they rocking the coin - filling hashing power at low diff and switching off at high diff which makes it very enjoyable and profitable. It's great when the diff can drop by 6-fold, it is almost 6-fold benefit in a short period of time. An ordinary miner with his home rig will also benefit, but not as much as when mining using Nicehash power mining it on low coin difficulty.

Just recently x16r algorithm was added on Nicehash and this algorithm is used for Raven coin. Speaking of the coin Raven, its difficulty is fluctuating now and the difference in diff is only 2.5-fold, but I think in a couple diff change cycles the difference between high and low difficulty might reach 3-4-fold difference

Finally, how can you make extra profit mining Raven coin - while the difficulty in its upper peak, mining is not profitable, however every 2016 blocks the diff will changes and you need to power on all the available computational power to get the maximum benefit that will last a for few hours or even for a day.

Have a good mining!
ps: in another article, I will tell you how cloud mining can be used to mine on the Neoscrypt algorithm

Not the best mining:

Raven coin: diff 33600

Raven coin - transition from 12400 to 33600

RVN diff 33600 pool Suprnova: waiting for the change of difficulty to 12000

Stipend ● the Freelancer's Currency
▬▬ ● ● PoS / Masternodes ● ● ▬▬ (https://stipend.me/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matej krkic

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:41:07 AM

How to mine profitable? Never to use cloud mining =)
Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:48:46 AM

ne of the examples is described in this article - this method always works exactly

to start, try to mine so your farm

Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:54:07 AM

Well, cool, I was interested in naisy, but I did not know these nuances, and even in the reviews of purchasing the Naisa capacities on YouTube you all keep it modestly, hoping only for luck that you could find more blocks for the time you bought (the amount in the cue ball) than was spent on purchase of capacity. And there are favorable periods for mining. And on coins from the top 10 SMS such things do not work anymore?
No. These coins still need to be able to search. The easiest way is to build a community that will help them find them.
There is another way on the normal coins (not top 10) to dig with profit.

Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:56:34 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2018, 09:35:08 PM by Negativ_mi

tomorrow will be a change diff (322560 block)

Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:03:34 PM

profit price 0.01 btc for 10gh (Nicehash)
0.02btc = 0 profit
>0.02 - you will dig at a loss

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:46:25 AM

lol cloud mining is scam central, whose paying u?
Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:52:30 AM

There is another possibility - waiting.
Wait for Nicehash users to run out of money.
After that, it will be possible to mine with low orders.

mak013

Activity: 2366
Merit: 755

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:53:38 AM

One chance to get profit then NiceHash is working - jumping with it on the same pools and coins. Another chance - mine algos, that NiceHash don`t sell(if they still are exist).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:40:54 AM

One chance to get profit then NiceHash is working - jumping with it on the same pools and coins. Another chance - mine algos, that NiceHash don`t sell(if they still are exist).
x16s, xevan, c11?
nicehash is the mediator, he is always good, takes a percentage of the services

Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:33:57 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2018, 10:24:20 AM by Negativ_mi

Gentlemen! Tomorrow on block 326592 shift diff. I recommend place an order for 0.01 btc for 10gh and wait. When most people have a stock of money-your orders will work.
All who do not believe in cloud mining - for you will also be a profitable day. Connect all your mining farms to the x16r algorithm and use the pool
https://rvn.suprnova.cc
or any other, what you like
z-enemy -a x16r -o stratum+tcp://rvn.suprnova.cc:6667 -u name.worker -p x
z-enemy - good miner

who loves the program nicehashminer - run algorithm under the x16r

Successful profit

upd. diff 10500!!! /4 )

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:41:55 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 02:04:03 PM by dragonmike

Gentlemen! Tomorrow on block 326592 shift diff. I recommend place an order for 0.01 btc for 10gh and wait. When most people have a stock of money-your orders will work.
All who do not believe in cloud mining - for you will also be a profitable day. Connect all your mining farms to the x16r algorithm and use the pool
z-enemy - good miner

Successful profit

upd. diff 10500!!! /4 )
Interesting. I saw the diff fall and stay low for several hours yesterday indeed. The question is: how are you able to monitor in advance when the next difficulty drop is going to happen?... Or rather, how do you know the diff is going to be substantially lower?
dragonmike

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:31:21 PM

0.02btc = 0 profit
Also, how long will that 0.01 btc let you mine at 10GH? A day? Half a day? An hour?
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:07:26 PM

z-enemy - good miner

Successful profit

upd. diff 10500!!! /4 )
Interesting. I saw the diff fall and stay low for several hours yesterday indeed. The question is: how are you able to monitor in advance when the next difficulty drop is going to happen?... Or rather, how do you know the diff is going to be substantially lower?

If you know the difficulty retargeting time then you can forecast when the next difficulty reset will be and this seems to line up with when the difficulty drops.  I think in the first post, Negativ specifies "2016" as a retarget time and that correlates to raven coin (and maybe other coins) difficulty retargeting strategy:  https://raven.wiki/wiki/FAQ   

Now consider the suggested time to mine a coin at block "326592" and divide that by 2016, interestingly enough it divides easily into a whole number of "162" times meaning by Negativ's description (and probably many others) that this (and probably many other) coin could have had 161 previous "low difficulty" mining opportunities before block 326592.  And in case wondering, 2016 blocks should work out to be just about 1.4 days between each reset.

It is an interesting strategy to consider.  It is also important to consider that many coins have much more frequent retargeting times so depending on any one miner's preferences this strategy may or may not work for them.  Just depends on what's a hot priority for the miner and what short-term goals they may have.  If a miner wants a specific coin that retargets difficulty every 30 seconds then this strategy doesn't really matter.  And yes, pretty sure that exists... there are also coins that simply recalculate difficulty on every block.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:10:00 PM

0.02btc = 0 profit
Also, how long will that 0.01 btc let you mine at 10GH? A day? Half a day? An hour?

If you log in to nicehash you can use their platform to enter in various amounts of btc to mine with and it will tell you how long it will last.  May be possible without logging in... just click the "live marketplace" links but I think you might have to be logged in.  And then if you don't have btc in the account it will give a red warning but I think it will also still tell you how long that btc would mine for.  It just depends on the bid amount of btc you put towards it.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:45:00 PM

z-enemy - good miner

Successful profit

upd. diff 10500!!! /4 )

I'm counting )
RVN has difficulty changes every 2016 blocks.
Look the current block (e.g. 329790)
329790/2016=163.586
The next block will be:
164*2016=330624 low diff
165*2016=332640 hi diff
etc.

Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:50:06 PM

0.02btc = 0 profit

in cloud mining prices are so high that mining on Nicehash was not profitable at all. I mine my farm.
Before that, it was profitable a few hours.

Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:52:05 PM

z-enemy - good miner

Successful profit

upd. diff 10500!!! /4 )

If you know the difficulty retargeting time then you can forecast when the next difficulty reset will be and this seems to line up with when the difficulty drops.  I think in the first post, Negativ specifies "2016" as a retarget time and that correlates to raven coin (and maybe other coins) difficulty retargeting strategy:  https://raven.wiki/wiki/FAQ   

Now consider the suggested time to mine a coin at block "326592" and divide that by 2016, interestingly enough it divides easily into a whole number of "162" times meaning by Negativ's description (and probably many others) that this (and probably many other) coin could have had 161 previous "low difficulty" mining opportunities before block 326592.  And in case wondering, 2016 blocks should work out to be just about 1.4 days between each reset.

It is an interesting strategy to consider.  It is also important to consider that many coins have much more frequent retargeting times so depending on any one miner's preferences this strategy may or may not work for them.  Just depends on what's a hot priority for the miner and what short-term goals they may have.  If a miner wants a specific coin that retargets difficulty every 30 seconds then this strategy doesn't really matter.  And yes, pretty sure that exists... there are also coins that simply recalculate difficulty on every block.

thanks for the detailed answer )

dragonmike

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:57:28 PM

Ok, but how do you know the retargeting will lead to a substantially lower diff? In theory, if miners are finding blocks quicker, the re-targeting could be higher...?
Negativ_mi (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:19:44 AM

Ok, but how do you know the retargeting will lead to a substantially lower diff? In theory, if miners are finding blocks quicker, the re-targeting could be higher...?
there is a difference - you found 100 blocks per day or per hour.
If for an hour, the remaining 23 hours you will spend on mining something else.
the difficulty is how often you can find a block. On hi diff rarely, on low-often.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: