Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:11:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ??? Where are all the FUN Altcoins ???  (Read 102 times)
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:04:21 AM

Basically as the Thread Title states "Huh Where are all the FUN Altcoins Huh"

All I have seen for the past year and a bit is ICO after Pre-Sale after IPO after Dump & Exit...

Yes "Most" of us know that Altcoins or Cryptocurrencies in general are Pump & Dump profit making machines with great uses that others take advantage of in whatever way possible.

Majority of the Top Legacy style Altcoins are still alive and kicking even with minor or non-existing development (Code Edits)

If you take a look at the Altcoin Announcement Thread you will see that most of it is pure garbage these days made up of promises of "good ideas" that mostly never come to light, stagnate after ICO ends or are just plain scab-grab scams.

There is some niche areas to fill for Community driven Altcoins where the masses will flow, although most are released unfairly with massive premines making the whole coin pointless for initial adoption rendering them DOA, that is where the hit and miss part comes in and all these ICO's & early Buy-in's run rampant.

Hence.....

Bring back the good old fashioned Shitcoin scene... Much Fun, Heaps Wow !

*There was a time when Altcoins where known as nothing more than a Clone/Edit/Copy of the Bitcoin Protocol with different Specifications*

zxrcoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 02:10:44 PM

New ideas have developed the crypto platform but along with it, many scams and unfair practices are increasing regarding ALTcoins, leading to many quitting, even the market figures shows it. So, old scenes may not come back again, but nothing remains constant as they say, just have to live with it.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:00:28 PM

All I have seen for the past year and a bit is ICO after Pre-Sale after IPO after Dump & Exit...

Yes "Most" of us know that Altcoins or Cryptocurrencies in general are Pump & Dump profit making machines with great uses that others take advantage of in whatever way possible.

Majority of the Top Legacy style Altcoins are still alive and kicking even with minor or non-existing development (Code Edits)

If you take a look at the Altcoin Announcement Thread you will see that most of it is pure garbage these days made up of promises of "good ideas" that mostly never come to light, stagnate after ICO ends or are just plain scab-grab scams.

There is some niche areas to fill for Community driven Altcoins where the masses will flow, although most are released unfairly with massive premines making the whole coin pointless for initial adoption rendering them DOA, that is where the hit and miss part comes in and all these ICO's & early Buy-in's run rampant.

Hence.....

*There was a time when Altcoins where known as nothing more than a Clone/Edit/Copy of the Bitcoin Protocol with different Specifications*

Best fun coin is of course Wownero  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3088712.0   It is a clone of Monero but although is only few months old already have some things that Monero will have in future.  It is a fun coin. but being a fun coin still means there is no premine or ICO or any other scam. There is no fun in a scam.
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 03:04:35 PM

WAVES Tokens can be fun.  Anyone can create one easily for just 1 WAVE and they are instantly tradable.   You can give huge airdrops.

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:08:35 PM

Hence.....

i don't understand...do you really want "the good old fashioned Shitcoin scene"?
well, i disagree.
I really hope that in the next future will be less ICO and less scam, and only few real projects that can bring real innovation!
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 03:29:56 PM

Stake high percent return/low minimum investment coins on cheap secondary computers.  High staking and lower entry coins I've found are: Truckcoin, RAIN, VersionCoin, Healthyworm, Bitradio, Chess, Compound, BUZZ, StackBit. HousingCoin, VulcanoCoin, Bottlecaps and Crackers.   

elemosho.crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:40:15 PM

I think Altcoin has a fun platform  where funny altcoins have managed to build a loyal  funbase . Developer has created a handful of new altcoin may be. Sometimes I see some alt coin only made for fun which is not a good idea I think.
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:26:40 PM

By the time BTC has launched, there started hundreds of bunch of Altcoins come online. Many are really good such as ETH, Litecoins, XRP etc and some are nothing than bunch of shits. Not all the but many of the altcoins are making crypto market worse due to many reasons which mostly associates with spam, frauds and alike.
btcmaster999

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:27:50 PM

It is true that new ideas have developed the crypto scene but along with it, many scams and unfair practices are increasing circulating the ALTcoins, many people have lost their trust and the market definitely reflects that. I don't think the old scene will re-emerge again with many for developments coming in but good old days were always something to remember of.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: