Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:12:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What you do when someone say bitcoin is illegal thing?  (Read 1829 times)
artichandra

Activity: 173
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:30:43 AM

Most of the common people think that bitcoin is used only by hackers and criminals,even one of my friend said that it is used by hackers when I am telling about crypto currency to him.Later I explained what is bitcoin and other crypto currencies but still he confused,he can only get what is bitcoin when he research about himself.

In this situation how can we explain that what is real bitcoin?

I will do nothing, why would I care about their opinion, they trust what they want to trust, I don't think people who said that really care about bitcoin, that's why they just judge bitcoin with little information about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jamesp2k

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:47:04 AM

I think this question does not hold waters. Do you know that just a few banks in America alone have committed more financial crime than all the financial crime committed with the use of bitcoin?

I think this statement will silence those who raise such question.

The estimates of the total loss of cryptocurrencies  Over the course of a decade, is around $83.95 billion in losses. It sounds like a lot, but not when compared to the $243 billion in fines the big banks paid over the past decade.

This isn’t even accounting for bank robberies (like the $1 billion stolen by hackers in 2015) or the $16 billion in identity fraud committed against traditional banking customers every year. Just this year 90,000 customers had their personal data stolen via two of Canada’s largest banks.

So, the next time if someone tells bitcoin is illegal because it is used to commit crime, Tell him too that the banks and fiat currency is worse than bitcoin or cryptocurrency
seniorita

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:48:10 AM

Most of the common people think that bitcoin is used only by hackers and criminals,even one of my friend said that it is used by hackers when I am telling about crypto currency to him.Later I explained what is bitcoin and other crypto currencies but still he confused,he can only get what is bitcoin when he research about himself.

I will tell them, if you really care about your opinion, learn something before judging it, with lack of your information just make yourself looks dumb.
But we can blame them, because many bad news about bitcoin spread to internet.
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:56:50 PM

If you want to explain bitcoin to someone just tell the person that bitcoin have the same characteristics and function like our fiat currency. It can be use for payment of goods and services. The only difference is that it cannot be seen physically.

Unfortunately, bitcoin in my country is considered as something harmful or used by criminals even when it is completely legal but only few people knows how it works. Explain and enlighten or even show evidence that bitcoin is is something beneficial to your friends. Encourage them to research about crypto currencies and such.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:08:24 PM

I always said no to them that bitcoin is legal and explain to them what bitcoin really entails and tell them to also invest in cryto currency
Yes bitcoin is legal and I explained to them that bitcoin is give high profit cause bitcoin now accepted in so many countries and lots of people are interested to join in investing in bitcoin cause bitcoin is give you big profit in your investment.
Emjohn.

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:08:57 PM

If someone says that bitcoin is a illegal thing, we can educate them why and how is bitcoin legal. There are many articles that explain bitcoin. They could start reading the history of bitcoin and what is its objectives and how does it work. I think that would be enough to explain that its legal.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:12:50 PM

I always said no to them that bitcoin is legal and explain to them what bitcoin really entails and tell them to also invest in cryto currency
Yes bitcoin is legal and I explained to them that bitcoin is give high profit cause bitcoin now accepted in so many countries and lots of people are interested to join in investing in bitcoin cause bitcoin is give you big profit in your investment.

Well, i don't waste time anymore when i hear things like that. If they know how to research, then they'll know btc isn't illegal. Many people who don't do their own research usually have closed minds.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
mwpakpak

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:18:37 PM

Bitcoin is not illegal in the first place just that there are mant scams and trading it is high risk, governments in every country just want to protect their citizens from being victims of the scams and high risk so it become an illegal thing in some countries.
nano77

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:12:25 PM

in my opinion, bitcoin can be used for both positive and negative things so there are some people who only know about using bitcoin for negative things so they consider bitcoin illegal, but bitcoin can also be a positive thing because you can earn money and can help the economy become more well, even you can help others
hinaries

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:14:03 PM

Btc can be answered as a digital money that can be used to buy goods and there is fluctuation of its value according to its demand.
SlaveKing

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:29:51 PM

this is the thinking of most of the people and I can understand why the feel cause it doesn't have any direct controller but if you have been in this place then you knows how this place actually  works like. and if anyone use it for bad purpose then bitcoin will not be responsible for this it is the investor choice
larkscrypto

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:42:34 PM

You may explain him by illustrating BTC with Money and the Internet. The money is a very important thing in our life, perhaps most important as we need money in everyday life. But there are many illegal issues are going everywhere in the world which is for the money, of the money and by the money. That for, can people stop ped to use money? no. They are using money in everyday life as usual whether crores of people are being abducted by the power of it. As an example can be given bt the internet, then they might realize the Bitcoin thing.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:44:34 PM

Anything can be used for bad things including crypto currencies. When there is a crime that uses bitcoin as a means of payment, it doesn't mean that bitcoin is illegal. For me, as long as my government still allows crypto currencies, I will still use it. No matter what people's opinions about crypto currencies.

WrayburnBTC

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:07:30 PM

I do not believe that because Bitcoin is decentralized. It is developed by the Advanced Blockchain Technology. Through this you can sell the purchase. It is highly secure and promising.
P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:22:32 PM

in my opinion, bitcoin can be used for both positive and negative things so there are some people who only know about using bitcoin for negative things so they consider bitcoin illegal, but bitcoin can also be a positive thing because you can earn money and can help the economy become more well, even you can help others
Yes it can cause positivity and negativity, it depends on how people will use it; for me, bitcoin is not illegal to be used, but in some countries, government officials are banning it.

Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:36:32 PM

I most time encounter this situation.

What i do is to take my time to work them through whats called cryptocurrency and bitcoin itself. Try and give them inner view of crypto to fiat currency and transactions to that of cryptocurrency. I'do change there position about bitcoin and generally crypto
vagsun

Activity: 334

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:42:35 PM

Bitcoin is not at all illegal. Every coin has two sides (i.e Heads and Tails) ,in other words every thing has its own pros and cons. Hackers find bitcoins as their advantage, so they use it .But is gives many benefits to us also ,like it makes us rich in very less time. We cannot say bitcoin as illegal as it is completely decentralised and runs on blockchain technology. You should tell your friend about various instances about those people who become very rich just because of bitcoins.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
RyhaniFoyej

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:13:10 PM

This is not true that bitcoin is only used by the hackers and criminal. It is also used by the good people. Bitcoin process is not invented bad tasks but some worst people have chosen it as a transaction system for its security system and for this because it cannot be tracked. For its security system people have chosen it as a transaction system but the hackers and criminals are not only use it, it use all kinds of people. If someone says bitcoin is an illegal things and it use criminals and hackers then you will say, "For its highly security system the bad people use it."
mendra_2009

Activity: 429

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:19:12 PM

I just focus on how to have as much bitcoin as I can collect, and wait until bitcoin prices rise to $ 20,000. Whatever people say about bitcoin, I will just ignore it or not care, because I just think about how to achieve the goals I want through bitcoin without having to think about how I explain bitcoin to others.

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:25:34 PM

I think it's impossible to explain till the end because you need to get experience in this area and then a person will fully understand how and what. As for hackers, then of course it's true and it has already been proven more than once. If you have friends and you want them to fully explain what is bitcoin and how to work with it, then it is worthwhile to explain them step by step and show all its capabilities in real life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: