Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:51:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgotten myetherwallet password  (Read 496 times)
bitcok

Activity: 279
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:31:17 PM

if you lose your password or private key, it's useless to save the ethereum address, because the type you want to transact is the private key or password, and you must be careful not to let anyone know or you give your private key to someone other,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trrewqs

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:28:42 PM

Do not transfer the private key to anyone. And to exchange it is necessary to go into the purse and transfer coins to the exchange. If you lose the key to your wallet, you will never open it

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  May 1st   ●
Crystalcoin24

Activity: 236
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:14:45 PM

The password isn't more important than the private key is the main security for your wallet. Make sure you always keep it in a safe place and not share with anyone. But you may not be able to access your wallet without the password.
Warry

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:19:00 PM

Forget password with MEW wallet is not too important because the principle when dealing only need to own address and the private key is able to access e-wallet anywhere in the world. So forgetting the MEW password will not matter, just having a private key is enough.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:33:09 PM

Passwords in MEW are one of the ways to access your wallet other than its private keys but remembering both is ideal but and recommended as losing your private key would means losing your wallet forever. Other than that getting other means of security in your wallet is essential. For instance using metamask to access your MEW to avoid being hacked in exchanges such as etherdelta or using hardware wallets such as ledger is a must.
crypto-bit456

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:41:52 PM

To make transfers you'll need private key and the address, there is no need for password there. However, if you are trying to access your wallet using a JSON file then you'll definitely need the password. I hope contacting the support will help you with recovering your password though there's a very low possibility of it to happen.
CoinOnTheBeach321

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:47:30 AM

Don’t worry, though MEW password is important but not more than your private key. You can do all your transaction using your private key. But if you are opening an encrypted wallet, you cannot access your wallet without it.
jahepahit

Activity: 866

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:52:29 AM

if there is a private key it doesn't matter to access the wallet, because with us having a private key we can with whatever you want to change the password that we have and I don't think you need to worry about that

Elyziey

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:58:58 AM

It is like our pin code for our bank's ATM that we need to remember.  In our wallet case, since it is too long to memorize, we must have a soft copy of the password that only you has the access on it, you could also print it and have it kept safe for emergency use.  Our income depends on our wallet as well.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:02:54 AM

I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
Private keys is enough to open your myetherwallet address if that is the one to intend to open.

My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?
Hope you mates can help me clear this out.
[/quote]
No, you don't need your password anymore when you want to trade your tokens into fiat as long as you have your private key in Myetherwallet. If you are talking about exchange then yes, you really need your password on that particular exchange, you should not lose it.
iamwagner

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:03:13 AM

I make hundreds of transactions per month with MEW and you do not need the JSON or password file.  Only the Private key is necessary to access your funds.  Keep this private, safe and backed up.
Zct2002

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:08:31 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 02:49:16 AM by Zct2002

I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?

Maybe you are confused what is the use of that password when you created your myetherwallet address. That password is useful when you will open your address via JSON file. It is more safe to open an address via JSON and your password than opening an address through private keys. Either of the two can still open you etherwallet address when you want to transfer your tokens to an exchange.
Cita1

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:13:40 AM

I make hundreds of transactions per month with MEW and you do not need the JSON or password file.  Only the Private key is necessary to access your funds.  Keep this private, safe and backed up.
Password and JSON files is one way of accessing you account or Myetherwallet address. In fact it is safer to use this method than accessing your account via private key. On the hierarchy of option to access an etherwallet address, private keys are the last option as this is not recommended way.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 02:17:18 AM

My question is?

In as much as your password is important in the MyEtherwallet ecosystem, especially when you loose your private key, the two most important keys when it comes to reward transfers  are the private key and the public key(Address). A loss of private key is detrimental to your business health.

Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:27:03 AM

Maybe you are confused what is the use of that password when you created your myetherwallet address. That password is useful when you will open your address via JSON file. It is more safe to open an address via JSON and your password than opening an address through private keys. Either of the two can still open you etherwallet address when you want to transfer your tokens to an exchange.
[/quote]

Neither of private key and json file with password is safe enough on the MEW platform. But, relatively speaking the pair of json file and password is safer because it requires 2 seperate variables. In other words a hacker who gains access to your password can do nothing without the json file, but with the private key alone the hacker can steal from your wallet.
Impossiblehangman25

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:34:04 AM

Thats too bad the private key is the most important thing, if you lost it there's no way to open it again. If you have money in there its a loss.
cryptogalaxy789

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:15:09 PM

As I know password is the most important thing for any account. But in case of here private keys are important than password. With private keys you can access to your account .
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:17:22 PM

It is not that important. I also don't know passwords from my eth account. Private key is all what you need to know.
 I also recommend you using Metamask extension to keep your private key in safety!
anupaditya

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:22:03 PM

The private key is the most important thing for you ether wallet . It is the main thing and it could not be retrieved . It should not be lost and if it is lost , then you could do nothing about it !
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 02:24:35 PM

If you lose them you can no longer access the wallet so they are as importan as your money you must have known it, but if you lost them on computer you may find them as well.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: