Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgotten myetherwallet password  (Read 494 times)
StevenPop

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:52:18 AM

Ah, this is bad. I guess you meant your private ket by the way, cos that's what Myetherwallet uses, not passwords. You should check thoroughly for it. Maybe check your files, or any where that you keep information like that. Hopefully you get to find it, otherwise I'm sorry to say, but you have lost access to that account cos there is no way it can be retrieved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
frchowe214

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:56:21 AM

Password is not required actually. It requires private key only in order to have access to your wallet and send fund. However, in case you face any problem, you can download metamask and import your wallet.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:57:45 AM

I'm sorry, but I think that there's nothing to be done, you need to either look for a key and password or forget about this purse. I think that this is the main rule of every Holder who holds tokens, he must take care of the keys and passwords.
agenlaptop

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:13:40 AM

actually the private key and password are only for opening your account and there are several ways to open them, one of them is your private key and password.
StevenPop

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:30:48 PM

Do you mean private key and not password? If you mean private key, then I hope you do not have any coins in there, if not, this is me telling you sorry, cos I think you might have lost them. I don't think that there is any other way that your private key can be retrieved, this is why it is always advise to be kept somewhere safe, and secured, but easily accessible.
racingboy

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:49:35 PM

Both are important, you should store it properly, saving it to
your pc is not enough, perhaps prepare a backup for example
a USB.
ZAROBLYATOR

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:59:43 PM

If you lose them you can no longer access the wallet so they are as importan as your money you must have known it, but if you lost them on computer you may find them as well.

As I understood, he lost only password, not private key. With pk you can manage your assets without any problems, so everything is okay.
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:08:06 PM

I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?
Hope you mates can help me clear this out.

Password is not more important than private key. For myether wallet no need password and all. You should have your private key safely to exchange. So don't bother about password

you will need your pass if your keys are encripted, and they should for sure be encrypted particularly if you have decided to save these to a file and place it in the cloud or similar.
Quesito

Activity: 119

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:15:45 PM

As far as I know password is not that important what matters most is the private key it is the most important that you need to keep or store in a safe place.
dylanmeter

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:48:19 PM

I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?
Hope you mates can help me clear this out.

You could easily use your private keys to login and do whatever transactions you wanted. The password we create during registration of a new eth wallet is used to generate Your private keys. Private keys is another way is used to unlock wallet.
pencilforceful

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:09:07 AM

you are fine as long as you have your private key
caviarpackage

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:12:46 AM

if you have your address and private key, then you are good to go, but make sure you don't lose any of those!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: