Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:02:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll reveals that 75% of the US investors believe bitcoin is 'very risky'  (Read 438 times)
vekuty

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 09:38:29 AM

Investing in Crypto is a risk, but against the risk they have very high returns if the investment is reasonable. Bitcoin will be of the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:38:38 AM

Yes it is very risky but it will not stop me to invest in bitcoin.I dont care with US or other investors,  I take big risk in cryptocurrency with reason. There is no other good online transaction methode except bitcoin so I reallh sure that peoole wull prefer like to use bitcoin as online transaction.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:49:41 AM

It's right to consider Bitcoin risky, I haven't heard of a person that says that Bitcoin is safe, but it's dumb to dismiss Bitcoin because of the risk.

I think this is just a flaw in human's perception of risks, there's a video on Youtube where a guy asks people on the street if they would flip a coin and bet like $10, except the guy offers them disproportionate payouts like $20 or $30, but people still refuse because they are scared of risks.

This situation is just the same - Bitcoin has a huge potential for growth, so even with small amounts you can get big returns, but people don't think about it because they are too scared to lose.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jdeanne92

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:56:22 AM

And yes those people will surely regret that they have ignored bitcoin. Maybe they are still not familiar with it or its just they are ignoring it.
Investing in bitcoin without proper knowledge on how it works is just like playing chess and you dont know the moves of every piece
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:38:22 AM

I guess that 75% of the US investors are too lazy and afraid of taking risks.They want big and consistent profits with little to zero risk,which is impossible.Anyway,they are still looking at bitcoin onlyfrom the financial investor's point of view.Why don't they look at bitcoin from the business and technology point of view.
We need more business owners to accept btc payments,not speculative investors,who just buy and wait.

passioncrypto

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:45:30 AM

Every investment has some risk in it. The coin platform is highly volatile which makes it risky. But, high risk has more profitable returns, the key is how calculative you are. People who are brave to invest a big amount on Bitcoin are rewarded for the risk they have taken by making huge profit.
nicko122

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:48:42 AM

I'm sure that not only investors from the United States consider bitcoin too risky. Even those people who constantly invest in it, consider it risky. But it depends more on the person himself. For each person the risk is different Smiley
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:53:21 AM

It's right to consider Bitcoin risky, I haven't heard of a person that says that Bitcoin is safe, but it's dumb to dismiss Bitcoin because of the risk.
You are right but they are talking about bitcoin being risky in a different scale. They think that it is "very risky" wherein they thought that risk is higher than the chance of them getting returns from their investments when in fact it also has the same risk with putting your money in the bank or investing it into stocks, commodities, real estates and businesses that they can think of.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 11:53:44 AM

not if you are an early investor. lets say you have invested on a token few years back and so those tokens by now is worth more than the ICO price. so invest today and few years later price is going to be up anyway so long as you invested on a legit project.  

scams are what makes this market risky and those who dumped their tokens which is normal for those who wants easy profit. but for all markets adn this one, its all risky even the stock market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:07:24 PM

I would say that this is considered not only in America. Bitcoin is a very risky investment, and you can lose everything when prices fall
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:25:11 PM

not if you are an early investor. lets say you have invested on a token few years back and so those tokens by now is worth more than the ICO price. so invest today and few years later price is going to be up anyway so long as you invested on a legit project. 

the example you gave proves that you are taking a LOT more risk when you are an early adopter.
as we all know nearly all ICOs have failed already which means when you invest in them in early stages and take a huge risk you ended up losing a lot of money which makes it highly risky.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:30:35 PM

Moneycontrol is not a USA site, secondly I don't know who these 2000 adults are but nearly all I speak friends and friends friend they're all up for bitcoins they're loving it and they're making more money with bitcoins than any other asset so I don't think this is a true survey, I have so many sellers from USA wanting payment in Bitcoins so the finding of this survey is wrong.
kasurnya

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:37:25 PM

yeah, that's a real fact, I'm very sure that 75% of investors are very confident that bitcoin is an investment that is very risky.
but that will not change their belief in bitcoin.
cryptodigitz

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 01:45:44 PM

Who doesn't know that everything that has to do with money is risky, even in my country Nigeria, we believe the same so its not only in US they feel that crypto is risky but globally and yet it can't stop us not even in 10 years from now... Signed:cryptodigitz

XCT CLUB  |  xCrypt - Blockchain Ecosystem
▰▰▰  ▲▼  PRE - ICO Sale is Live!  ▲▼  ▰▰▰
annasadia

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:39:41 PM

The crypto market is associated with risks. In fact every single act is leap of faith and has risks tied up with them. No risk no gain. So, we need to undertake the risks, in order to get something big back in return if our tactics are played right.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:19:32 PM

Moneycontrol News

A poll conducted by Gallup and Wells Fargo revealed that nearly three-quarters of the US investors think that bitcoin is a "very risky" investment.

The week-long study which surveyed nearly 2,000 adults in the country who have invested either in retirement savings account or through any other account unveiled that only two percent currently own bitcoin, while more than 70 percent "have no interest in ever buying bitcoin."
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/cryptocurrency/poll-reveals-that-75-of-the-us-investors-believe-bitcoin-is-very-risky-2784041.html/amp
It is true. Bitcoin is very risky, and we can not deny that. But, also promising for our future, if we know how to manage it well. So , i think it will be depending on each person to managing their knowledge about bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
alex_gr_cc

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 03:23:56 PM

In fact, they are right. Bitcoin is very volatile and as a whole for investment, it is highly risky. On the other hand, this percentage of mistrust shows the potential for market growth in the future.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:03:55 PM

Yes buying bitcoin and saving it is very risky, because any time it will fall its price. So we must be careful. But to hold long it is profitable. Especially when your bitcoin purchase is timed for its price drops, Because the market is volitile and the only thing you can do is wait for it to rise again.
doraemon_33766

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:51:30 PM

Bitcoin is fluctuate currency so is always here I think  but it has  many opportunity too. If anyone can properly analysis bitcoin they can be benefitetd.
crypto_futurer

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:55:48 PM

They think so, because their government is very intimidated and they are now afraid to invest in bitcoin. If these people understood what bitcoin is, they would not think so.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: