Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:32:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SHOULD CITIZENS WHO DON'T PAY TAXES BE ALLOWED TO VOTE?  (Read 459 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 08:25:11 PM

I don't pay tax and I'm very happy about it.
I've burned my social security card and I'm very happy about it.
I don't vote and I'm very happy about it.
I'm not on facebook and I'm very happy about it.
Etc...

If everyone was like me, there would be no war.

I really wish that the government would have given me that option of either paying my taxes or not voting because I will without a moment of though pick the latter because regardless of who comes to power, they are all the same people.

Sure, but without paying property or income taxes you'll not get a driver's license, any government services, no garbage collection, no schools for your children, no bank accounts (as you'll have no id), no health care, no job and no money.  If you operate a cash business on the side without any id or registration, you'll be arrested and thrown in jail, and IRS will tell you how much you owe them.

If you don't like paying taxes in your country, leave and live somewhere else.

BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:41:10 AM

It's obvious that it should be a yes. They are the citizens of their country to they have to the right to vote and choose who they want to lead the country. And those people who don't pay taxes won't do it permanently because once the tax authorities find out, they will face legal charges.
expertofexperts

Activity: 293

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:17:16 AM

I feel this is easier to say but you need to understand that first the country need to deliver to their citizens. Even Govt knows that they never deliver everything and hus many things are yet to eradicated.

better make country's citizens happy and fullfill basic needs and ask for such dictatorship policies.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:36:40 AM

In a democratic country or in general (I must say), Whether you evade your tax or not, you are still eligible to vote as for the reason that you are a citizen of the country. Though, there are limits which literally shouldn't be a hindrance but still it's sad reality. If a citizen is poor (to the point, that a person being disregarded as a citizen) who seems nor can't afford to register itself, then automatically your right to vote is gone.

Should the government implement it? Well, It just a waste of time, since it will undergo a series of discussion, when they can easily uphold the law to them for tax evasion. So bottom line, Payer or non-payer don't matter.
Tramle091296

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 11:10:51 PM

Taxes is anybody who can pay for it but if you do not have a proper income then its an ezcuse not to pay the taxes here in our cointry there are people that dont have job and not paying any taxes on the Government but they can vote on the election why? Because they are citizens on our country and theres a law about it. But there are no rules that if you pay tax you cant vote in election.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: