Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:58:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-coins, Bitcoins clever way of confusing the government.  (Read 255 times)
Sotashi_Nokamato (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:31:10 AM

Satoshi new alt-coins would draw attention away from bitcoin, especially government attention. Because of alt-coins, bitcoin grew without much government interference. Good call SN.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:52:08 AM

I do not think that Satoshi used altcoins like Namecoin to draw attention away from Bitcoin. The CIA knew about Bitcoin in early 2011 and wanted Gavin to give them further inside on the topic. So, even if it was his purpose which I highly doubt then it failed. But remarkable is that Satoshi left the whole Bitcoin scene including this forum close after he heard about the meeting with Gavin and the CIA.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:46:34 PM

Satoshi new alt-coins would draw attention away from bitcoin, especially government attention. Because of alt-coins, bitcoin grew without much government interference. Good call SN.
If anything altcoins are the ones that are bringing unwanted attention to the market, with the huge amount of icos coming every year and the huge number of scams some countries began banning their citizens of participating in them and some others put in place policies like KYC, so if that was the plan it has failed completely and I doubt that you will be able to find any document published by satoshi justifying your claim.

In fact I really think that if this market ever falls it will be because of altcoins, because altcoins are generating bad press, while it is true that bitcoin receives bad press as well most of it is FUD or simply the opinion of people that do not understand how bitcoin works, but the bad press against altcoins and the huge number of scams is deserved.
maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:52:34 PM

As for me, I don't care about the government at all because it takes care about its citizens not much. I think that you should forget about confusing the government. I think that you need to benefit from btc
sufiasyl

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 04:08:28 AM

Uhm, I'm not really sure about what you said, but altcoins didn't take the attention away from Bitcoin. Instead, Bitcoin has been the centre of attention in case of cryptocurrency and to most of the people Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency they know. And as far as Government is concerned, that attention doesnt affect Bitcoin anyway because Bitcoin has potential and it can grow and make people appreciate it without any other extra influence.
JakenBake

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:31:25 AM

This sounds like hearsay.  Alt Coins are actually bringing a lot of unwanted attention to Bitcoin.  Just look at all the KYC scams happening out here creating identity theft left right and center.  Bitcoin would probably be much further ahead without alts. 
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:35:42 AM

LOL. i think OP thinks the "government" is a kid with ADD who you can distract easily by dangling your key chain in front of them Cheesy

not to mention that all the negativity that altcoins have brought to bitcoin. for example last year's ICO scams which go to billions of dollars scammed out of people's pockets have caused a lot of issues. the smallest of which have been banning of all crypto related ads on big platforms such as Google and Facebook. not to mention all the illegal pump and dumps that are happening every second in the altcoin market.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Mandalawangi

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:49:49 AM

I don't care about the government at all because I don't care about its citizens. I think you have to forget about confusing the government. I think you need to benefit from btc that doesn't affect Bitcoin because Bitcoin has potential and can grow and make people appreciate it without the extra influence.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:54:40 AM

This sounds like hearsay.  Alt Coins are actually bringing a lot of unwanted attention to Bitcoin.  Just look at all the KYC scams happening out here creating identity theft left right and center.  Bitcoin would probably be much further ahead without alts. 

Yes, that is true. A lot of unwanted attention crypto markets has received from altcoin scams. Even many online advertising companies are banning cryptos just because altcoin scams not because of bitcoin issues. Not all altcoins are bad because some of the altcoins are filling gaps which bitcoin not able to do it but some people think that it is an easy way to make a fast money so they have started with fake coins and cheated investors indirectly brings a bad name to bitcoins as well.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:37:33 AM

I would say that the only benefit of altcoins is that it has made government to think that even if it bans bitcoin,there are lots of altcoins traveling in the same track which would make government's unuseful.So if bitcoin gets banned,there is Ethereum and if gets banned,there is a huge list.But on the other hand,altcoins nowadays are mostly scam coins which have totally spoiled the reputation of crypto coins as a whole.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
Sionsak

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:16:36 PM

As we know altcoin and bitcoin are both digitalized cryptocurrencies . Bitcoin is the  most usable currency than altcoin. I think government confuse both of this because both of this cryptocurrency  is very secure. Transactions , deposit are also very secured.
RaidNow

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:34:12 PM

Although Satosi new altcoin is lucrative but i don't believe that it happen. Because all over the world the policy makers focus on bit coin. They made deal according to the price of it. I think bitcoin set standard as market leader.
JohnCallahan

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:42:14 PM

I definitely agree with you, Altcoins have given birth to so many ICOs and people are now busy with both of them. However, if the distraction was not created, I think the market would have got heavily saturated. People will keep mining Bitcoins only and the price and value of Bitcoin would have gone down because of that.
tokilaka

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:28:32 PM

Bitcoin is completely legal, it is made from technology, quite smart, Bitcoin is the center of attention in the case of electronic money and most Bitcoin people are the only electronic money they know.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:08:04 PM

I would say that the only benefit of altcoins is that it has made government to think that even if it bans bitcoin,there are lots of altcoins traveling in the same track which would make government's unuseful.So if bitcoin gets banned,there is Ethereum and if gets banned,there is a huge list.But on the other hand,altcoins nowadays are mostly scam coins which have totally spoiled the reputation of crypto coins as a whole.
That is one way to see it but that is not that big of a problem for governments, in the case of a potential law banning bitcoin they only need to change the word bitcoin for cryptocurrencies and they can ban them all, besides if that happened governments will need to find a way to block bitcoin traffic and even if that happened the developers will surely find a way to get around that and the rest of the coins like always will just follow bitcoin and its solution, just look at what happened with segwit many coins activated segwit because that is the path bitcoin followed, so even that benefit that you claim that altcoins give to this market is marginal at best and non existent at worst.
criptogenious

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 04:28:21 PM

This does not seem to the case though. Bitcoins never called for government attention. It was infact the altcoins that has called upon it and has been intervened by the government and the CIA from 2011.
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:34:13 PM

This was a masterstroke by Nakamoto by removing all the attention from Bitcoins. Right now, not only Altcoins are trending but also a lot of ICOs that depend on these Alts are stepping up and creating a good distraction for the goverment to stay away from the BTC market.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:35:13 PM

I do not think that Satoshi used altcoins like Namecoin to draw attention away from Bitcoin. The CIA knew about Bitcoin in early 2011 and wanted Gavin to give them further inside on the topic. So, even if it was his purpose which I highly doubt then it failed. But remarkable is that Satoshi left the whole Bitcoin scene including this forum close after he heard about the meeting with Gavin and the CIA.

I doubt if Gavin Andresen was ever a legitimate Bitcoin developer or he was an insider CIA agent since day 1... at the beginning he was really collaborative and looks like he wanted the best for Bitcoin. He would often be in relevant debates trying to help, coding etc. He even was considering flaws in Bitcoin which he later on put into practice himself:

I don't believe a second, compatible implementation of Bitcoin will ever be a good idea.  So much of the design depends on all nodes getting exactly identical results in lockstep that a second implementation would be a menace to the network.  The MIT license is compatible with all other licenses and commercial uses, so there is no need to rewrite it from a licensing standpoint.
Good idea or not, SOMEBODY will try to mess up the network (or co-opt it for their own use) sooner or later.  They'll either hack the existing code or write their own version, and will be a menace to the network.

I admire the flexibility of the scripts-in-a-transaction scheme, but my evil little mind immediately starts to think of ways I might abuse it.
I could encode all sorts of interesting information in the TxOut script, and if non-hacked clients validated-and-then-ignored those transactions it would be a useful covert broadcast communication channel.

That's a cool feature until it gets popular and somebody decides it would be fun to flood the payment network with millions of transactions to transfer the latest Lady Gaga video to all their friends...

See this. Very telling. He is pointing to hard forks with alternative clients, spamming the network with useless crap... interesting in retrospect.
AllStrong002

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:48:02 PM

I definitely agree with you, Altcoins have made it possible for people to come up with ICOs and government is also being busy with regulating those. The distraction was very important for bitcoin for not only to grow but also avoid wrath of the government by now. Definitely one of the greatest step taken by Satoshi.
supelle.born

Activity: 286

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:03:04 AM

I agree in part with this consideration, but it is important to remember that bitcoin and altcoins are part of an ecosystem and that it is possible to regulate governments
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: