Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:01:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake volume in exchanges  (Read 1099 times)
maumaugurin

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 12:34:55 AM

The guy Sylvain Rives when try to datamine the cryptoassets, he found out many fake volumes in the market. According to him, Okex is a ghost town and the magnitude of fraud was unexpected. He also said that Huobi has also fake volumes in the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
billygarrison

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:58:42 AM

Found an interesting article in which one guy did some datamining on some popular exchanges and their volumes:

https://medium.com/@sylvainartplayribes/chasing-fake-volume-a-crypto-plague-ea1a3c1e0b5e

Apparently a few of these giants are falsifying their volumes. Maybe because a higher market cap would make people think it's a more trustworthy exchange? I don't know if it's really worth going through all of that effort.

Would this have a major effect on the prices? I know we used to see huge differences in prices in the past, but now you won't see much more than a few percent here and there between exchanges.
If the volume is fake, it might not affect the price, I also see some crypto markets, having high volume and low volume, but still not affecting prices.
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:08:30 AM

Found an interesting article in which one guy did some datamining on some popular exchanges and their volumes:

https://medium.com/@sylvainartplayribes/chasing-fake-volume-a-crypto-plague-ea1a3c1e0b5e

Apparently a few of these giants are falsifying their volumes. Maybe because a higher market cap would make people think it's a more trustworthy exchange? I don't know if it's really worth going through all of that effort.

Would this have a major effect on the prices? I know we used to see huge differences in prices in the past, but now you won't see much more than a few percent here and there between exchanges.
If the volume is fake, it might not affect the price, I also see some crypto markets, having high volume and low volume, but still not affecting prices.
actually very bad if this happens often the trader is harmed by the fake volume to attract traders to put their money into the exchange.
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:38:34 AM

That's going to be another huge disaster for us if it was proven that those popular exchanges really did it. If the volume is really that highly cheated then it would be a big deal but if it is just a 2-5 btc then I think we can still correct their mistakes.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:03:17 AM

That's going to be another huge disaster for us if it was proven that those popular exchanges really did it. If the volume is really that highly cheated then it would be a big deal but if it is just a 2-5 btc then I think we can still correct their mistakes.
There are so many fake volume in the exchanger so we need to be more carefull on choosing an exchanger to avoid lossing, because some exchanger manipulate its volume to make buyers buy their coin in a high price. We really need to make a good decision on choosing exchangers for good.

C0ld_Zero

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:34:56 AM

I concur that all the fake volume is an issue for authenticity, and I surmise that to a limited extent is what is starting the U.S. national government value control examinations.

Then again, without the fake volume, crypto may generally speaking give the presence of being dead and uninteresting to potential new purchasers, which doesn't help anybody holding crypto sacks at the present time.
Kayuslawal

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:14:58 AM

Yes that's the reason we all say decentralized exchange is the future of trading cryptocurrency because they are so many manipulation by the centralized exchange.
ErikDavis548

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:16:24 AM

How to verify the fake volume? Where can I check for reputable exchange?
swifer

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:17:48 AM

but a careful analysis of the situation shows that this may indeed be a bad turn for crypto and thus gives opponents what is a long hook to catch bitcoin and give a bad name. Above all, I think this is only at some desperate sites.
cok_elat

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:23:53 AM

what will happen if this manipulation continues? Will it have an impact on reducing the level of confidence in the cryptocurrency so that many parties will leave it?
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:26:48 AM

It was a long time ago, I think that this was before and you just did not see them before.
harimauagam

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:24:21 AM

GDAX and Binance are still reliable for the best users and the price of 1 BTC is very expensive for now and the price of 1 ETH has so many people to invest in it and it is very good.
Ava Duvall

Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:59:06 AM

Be careful in choosing exchanges because some of them are scams like bitpaction, and I don't think there is much we can do about this exchange because nothing is set. However, you can still try well to find out exchanges such as Binance, the majority of people have done transactions there and they have no accusation to contribute their volume.

Its so important to watch out for scams. They are everywhere, and you could loose alot so do your research
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:42:07 PM

what will happen if this manipulation continues? Will it have an impact on reducing the level of confidence in the cryptocurrency so that many parties will leave it?

Yes. Very simply: Yes. And this is why the price continues to become lower and lower and lower
putriliesma

Activity: 184

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:43:39 PM

Many fake volumes in exchange if we pay more attention to it but maybe it won't affect if the volume is an altcoin that has no price.
Perkovic

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:49:52 PM

Yes, I've heard many times in the past, but it seems to me that in war all methods are good and if it helps to increase the cost of bitcoin, then why not

inMIN.it TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY██
ICO Pre-Sale : October, 2018 ██
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:09:38 PM

I think it's an old practice that will persist as you all know there are so many exchanges right now and more are coming, and they are vying for traders and investors attention the more traders see volume and a lot of activities the more they get attracted to this exchanges one exchange is Yobit.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:53:41 AM

This is very sad news circulating around. The fake volume in exchanges is a new height of deception that could very well bring down the cryptocurrency confidence vote.

I hope this be address soon should proven to be true. It corrupts the whole system of transparency and security. Exchanges allowing this to happen or perpetrating the same should be denounced by the whole community in bid to fight against such unacceptable activity.

I believe, as a community, together we can make such fake volume in exchanges go away by staying away from those exchanges and altcoins.
AnnaHom123

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:09:40 AM

Okex is a ghost town and fraud is unexpected. It would be a great disaster for us to prove that these popular exchanges really did it. I agree that all fake volume is a matter of authenticity and I surmise that to a limited degree is what is starting the national value-added control exam.
iASIC

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

AMA BCT

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:36:34 AM

Each transaction affects the cost of each altcoins. And that's a sign of manipulation, I think. Notice that each altcoin has a high volume of mutation, there will be a downward or significant rise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: