Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:14:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ODIN | NO ICO | Privacy Mobile App | Masternodes  (Read 3132 times)
Alpipor3

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 05:06:09 AM

Weekly Update
September 24, 2019

FORGE Passes Initial Voting Round and More!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chickromero

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 05:12:25 PM

ODIN Blockchain talks about privacy, on stage with Monero and Electric Coin Company

Today at The Voice of Blockchain Conference in Chicago, ODIN takes center stage, represented by lead developer and chair of ODIN Society, Vaughn Bullock.

ODIN Society has been invited to take part alongside Monero and Electric Coin Company (previously ZCash), to discuss ODIN technologies including the ODIN CHAT Privacy Messenger as part of the core topic "Designing #Privacy into Distributed Systems".
superquaid (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 05:16:03 PM

ODIN Blockchain talks about privacy, on stage with Monero and Electric Coin Company

Today at The Voice of Blockchain Conference in Chicago, ODIN takes center stage, represented by lead developer and chair of ODIN Society, Vaughn Bullock.

ODIN Society has been invited to take part alongside Monero and Electric Coin Company (previously ZCash), to discuss ODIN technologies including the ODIN CHAT Privacy Messenger as part of the core topic "Designing #Privacy into Distributed Systems".

Wow, fantastic news! Well done to all the team, and congratulations to Pixxl for being invited as a speaker at the conference. Here's to REAL progress Cool
Alpipor3

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 05:02:40 PM

Weekly Update
October 2, 2019

chickromero

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 01:42:07 PM

Here are some of the highlights for those of you who are not yet interested in reading the whitepaper Smiley

• No ICO
  • ODIN.CHAT, the flagship ODIN Blockchain mobile app is currently in alpha testing by community members with launch expected in April 2019
  • Over 1000 masternodes set up by community members across the globe within 3 weeks of the airdrop distribution
  • We are keen to support good causes, especially non-profit organisations helping users to protect their personal data from third parties
  • Staking rewards structure has been specifically balanced in favour of a increasing the % of rewards which are available for masternode operators to vote on for funding community projects
  • Low percentage of foundation holdings (15% maximum, decreasing over time, locked for supporting future development growth, not staking)
  • Core team members and supported community contributors available for regular AMAs
  • Real, regular updates about the technology we are building, with Github integration into community channels
  • Well-documented open source code and repositories on Github
  • ODIN.CHAT has many new features and modular components in the pipeline

Hey there - I noticed at the beginning of this thread there are some useful details - but some are out of date. Is it possible for someone on the project to update here for new people like me to be up to date? Thank you so much!
nondescriptODIN

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 02:30:19 PM

Wow, fantastic news! Well done to all the team, and congratulations to Pixxl for being invited as a speaker at the conference. Here's to REAL progress Cool

Can’t wait for the details in full for a comprehensive write up of the event!
Alpipor3

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 05:29:19 PM

Weekly Update
October 9, 2019

This week we cover data updates, revisit a previous article, and present a teaser from @Pixxlated's forthcoming Voice of Blockchain blogpost!

superquaid (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 09:32:03 AM

Yes, the most recent conference we attended as speakers was Voice of Blockchain in Chicago on the subject of Privacy. Great event! Look forward to reading the upcoming article.
chickromero

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 09:55:42 AM

Here are some of the highlights for those of you who are not yet interested in reading the whitepaper Smiley

• No ICO
  • ODIN.CHAT, the flagship ODIN Blockchain mobile app is currently in alpha testing by community members with launch expected in April 2019
  • Over 1000 masternodes set up by community members across the globe within 3 weeks of the airdrop distribution
  • We are keen to support good causes, especially non-profit organisations helping users to protect their personal data from third parties
  • Staking rewards structure has been specifically balanced in favour of a increasing the % of rewards which are available for masternode operators to vote on for funding community projects
  • Low percentage of foundation holdings (15% maximum, decreasing over time, locked for supporting future development growth, not staking)
  • Core team members and supported community contributors available for regular AMAs
  • Real, regular updates about the technology we are building, with Github integration into community channels
  • Well-documented open source code and repositories on Github
  • ODIN.CHAT has many new features and modular components in the pipeline

Hey there - I noticed at the beginning of this thread there are some useful details - but some are out of date. Is it possible for someone on the project to update here for new people like me to be up to date? Thank you so much!

Also, I heard there is a new dark-themed ODIN wallet coming out soon with additional features. Is this true (and when)? Also, how would I get involved in beta-testing? Is there anything like that being planned so that the ODIN community can provide feedback?
Alpipor3

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 05:25:05 PM

The Voice of Blockchain Conference Recap!

ODIN Society standing chairperson and chief technical advisor, @Pixxlated presented on a panel geared toward the future of privacy in decentralized systems.

chickromero

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 08:29:12 AM

Great post, thanks for the share.

Can one of the official ODIN Society Co-operative members review my question about the most recent progress on various ODIN projects here? Only asking as I spotted that the official list of progress was posted several months ago. I know there's lots going on with blockchain and private chat app development as I have been on your official Discord (and keep up to date with the weekly Medium blog posts). It would be super to have a summarized recap here on BitcoinTalk as I know many of my pals are not on Discord or Medium, but are on here. Many thanks!
Pixxl

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:00:48 PM

Great post, thanks for the share.

Can one of the official ODIN Society Co-operative members review my question about the most recent progress on various ODIN projects here? Only asking as I spotted that the official list of progress was posted several months ago. I know there's lots going on with blockchain and private chat app development as I have been on your official Discord (and keep up to date with the weekly Medium blog posts). It would be super to have a summarized recap here on BitcoinTalk as I know many of my pals are not on Discord or Medium, but are on here. Many thanks!

👋 Hello Chickromero. Our Q4 roadmap is focused primarily on the redesign of our Core Qt Wallet along with various bug fixes and enhancements, including the official support of Segwit. This wallet update will be mandatory. Anyone not running the latest release of 1.6.x will end up on a forked chain with anyone else that chose not to update. I'll post additional details of this update including when (estimated date/blockheight) you'll need to update by.

Aside from our Qt Wallet refresh, we're also focusing on initial support for ODIN Chat on the App Store. As this is our initial launch on the App Store, certain features or functionality may not be enabled. We aim to get our feet on the ground and continuously improve the experience for both iOS and Android users alike.

Finally, we're in touch with another design resource to provide some thoughtful redesigns/improvements that can be made across the board: our primary website, our MASH website, and our ODIN Chat application. As these are the initial concept design talks, implementation may not begin or be seen at least until Q1 2020.
Alpipor3

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 07:55:15 PM

Weekly Update
October 16, 2019

This week we cover data updates, revisit a previous article, and discuss the upcoming mandatory wallet update!

Alpipor3

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 05:09:32 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2019, 05:58:44 PM by Alpipor3

ODIN Core Wallet Release Update!

As we near Midgard, the next phase of ODIN Blockchain's current reward cycle, we've been working on a large quality of life update for our core blockchain wallet. This wallet update includes work done by the amazing teams at PIVX and Phore as well as a full interface refresh with an official dark theme. There are also new ways to manage your Masternode armada and the Monthly proposals.

With v1.6 you'll be able to add new Masternodes and edit existing Masternodes through the wallet itself (no more text file updating!). We've also added a nifty feature to make setting up a new Masternode even easier when using our Masternode hosting service: MASH. The update also allows the ability to create a Proposal and submit it through the wallet as well, and vote on current proposals.

This update will be considered a MANDATORY RELEASE. Which means ODIN Blockchain will be forking to accept new consensus rules. You will need to update your wallets before the date which will be announced concurrently with the official release. There will be at minimum, a one month grace period before the fork. Everyone running the latest release will be fine.

If you are interested in getting a first hand view of the new wallet, we have recently restarted our Testnet and released official v1.6.0-next Testnet builds. You can download the new wallet TODAY and begin checking out the new features. It has been specially configured to not run on mainnet. There are some FAQs as well if you have questions about the Testnet.

Alpipor3

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 05:19:41 PM

Weekly Update
October 23, 2019

Today we explore data updates, discuss the mandatory wallet update, and revisit an article highlighting the sustainability that comes with forming a workers cooperative.

bagstreetboys

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 03:25:59 AM

Someone told me there was an AMA coming up?  Where is it?
Alpipor3

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 12:55:24 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2019, 01:43:36 PM by Alpipor3

Upcoming ODIN Society AMA

We are happy to announce an upcoming ODIN Society AMA! This initial AMA will be hosted on our official Sub-Reddit with subsequential ask me anything's to be held across alternative social media platforms such as Discord, Twitter, Telegram, Facebook, and the like. This AMA event is part of an initial awareness campaign aimed at targeting our community in their preferred social media platform.

Tune into our official Sub-Reddit (linked below) next Wednesday, October 30, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. UTC. We hope to see you there!

Alpipor3

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 01:07:38 PM

Someone told me there was an AMA coming up?  Where is it?
Sorry for the delay!  Embarrassed
bagstreetboys

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 04:13:24 PM

No problem.  Thanks for the reply!  I'm glad to see that this is not dead.
Alpipor3

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 06:39:45 PM

Going Green: Energy Consumption Evaluation

Part 1: Proof of Work Consensus Algorithms

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: