Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:15:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: More people More volatility  (Read 550 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:38:23 PM

High volatility happens especially when there are panic sellers in this crypto world.They are one of the reasons why btc price keeps on dumping instead of pumping its price.
It works both ways. People love to see panic buyers fomo in at crazy high price levels, but don't like the same people dumping like there is no tomorrow. It's a market at the end of the day. What goes up hard must come down hard.

People here act like current prices are low, but that's not the case at all. The peak of last year shouldn't be used as a benchmark, but ignored because of how fomo demand only lasts for a couple of months at most.

I think if there will be mass adoption in the future,the price will always stays on top and will be stable in a peak price.
Nope. Supply and demand doesn't work like that, especially not when it comes to something so speculative as crypto currencies. Liquidity on spot exchanges will likely remain poor for ever if exchanges don't change fundamentally.

Whales after so many years of increasing adoption still can't cash out without tanking the price with 5-10% per dump.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:46:04 PM

do not think that volatility is a big problem. The market knows more than traders. There is nothing surprising.
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:51:14 PM

I believe otherwise. I think the more people demand for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies the higher the volatility. It's with what has happened in the past months where people have been selling and cashing out on the assets, causing the volatility we have witnessed.
Eildosa

Activity: 572

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:52:44 PM

Perhaps the problem of bitcoin volatility will be solved someday, but it is not very easy to do it. It was correctly said here that the more traders trading bitcoin the greater its volatility will be. But to manipulate the price it is necessary to have a very large amount. May be when we come to the fact that bitcoin will be used in various fields, but I believe that it should be large-scale areas, because it will be impossible to use bitcoin in conventional grocery stores, for example.

White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:55:09 PM

I can't agree with you, sorry! Because I think it's opposite. More good People more stable or more high price will happen for Bitcoin. I mentioned good people because we don't need fudder or quick money earner! They are not helpful for the crypto community, Quick or panic sellers are one of the reasons for the Volatility. If experienced and big investors come in the cryptocurrency platform and if they invest here their money and knowledge, I think bitcoin price will be high with stability.
I believe so.High volatility happens especially when there are panic sellers in this crypto world.They are one of the reasons why btc price keeps on dumping instead of pumping its price.I think if there will be mass adoption in the future,the price will always stays on top and will be stable in a peak price.
It really depends on the users because we cant deny that the population of bitcoin was continue growing hence we can see that it become more volatile because of those new bitcoin users who always do panic selling especially when the price was falling in the market.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:04:32 PM

Lets assume bitcoin makes it through all the barriers and survives the rules and regulations of the governments and yet is decentralized.
It is widely adopted and many people have started to use it. Bitcoin has grown to thousands/millions of dollars in price causing huge volatility.

If there are so many people using it on a daily basis, won't the volatility cause huge fluctuations in it's price ?
If bitcoin has such huge volatility how will it be able to sustain it's price ? The fluctuations in price will cause problems to merchants.
So according to what I think, if there is not a solution to volatility then BTC cannot be used on a regular basis for payments in various places of the world.

Eg: One day I go and check a guitar's price about $100 and then a week later I go to purchase it just to notice that I would have to pay more BTC this time just because of the drop in bitcoin's price.

Conclusions from the comments

Conclusion 1 : More people is not equal to more volatility but more active traders = more volatility
Conclusion 2 : More people involved in bitcoin will mean that the supply of BTC will be well spread among each other and hence volatility will decrease.

Thanks for taking part in the discussion.

Yes l believe that more people more volatility but volatility now is low volatility.We cant even trade because of low volatility.lt really hard to survive now.We all expect for the high volatility because it brings to everyone a hopetobe rich.
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:22:02 PM

BTC volatility reaches a minimum of three months!

This is the result of some decline in demand and lack of manipulation, but it is not for long.

With long-term investments, the volatility of BTC can be ignored, since such investors are interested in the value trend.

i dont think so. volatility in my opinion is completely unrelated whether it is short term or long term. suppose that all majority of holders apply long-term, this will only make trading volume in the market small

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: