Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:53:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2710 Thomes Ave Cheyenne, WY 82001  (Read 13117 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 04:57:46 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2011, 06:01:25 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Theymos, this thread is Bitcoin related, so please don't move it.

Would anybody here do business with a Bitcoin related company if the address it posts on its website and on WhoIs is 2710 Thomes Ave Cheyenne, WY 82001?

To get up to speed, read the Reuters article and watch the video here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/28/us-usa-shell-companies-idUSTRE75R20Z20110628

A short list of corporations located at this address is located here: http://www.corporationwiki.com/Wyoming/Cheyenne/2710-Thomes-Ave-Cheyenne-WY-82001-a354675.aspx

To make this a little interesting, I offer a 1 (one) Bitcoin bounty to the first person that correctly names the entity I'm speaking of in a post on this thread.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 05:06:17 AM

Coinabul.com guys !? Can I please get the bitcoin im poor Sad

1Eq1u2NzwHWqFzj5ksD5D3Bc5iVwzFmYZS

Thanks !
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 05:06:26 AM

Coinabul?

It's only for tax purposes. I have a few of these at my sister's house too.

What address do I send the bounty to?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 05:08:10 AM

Coinabul.com guys !? Can I please get the bitcoin im poor Sad

1Eq1u2NzwHWqFzj5ksD5D3Bc5iVwzFmYZS

Thanks !

Sorry, bulanula, but you were 113 seconds to late.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 05:14:19 AM

Coinabul?

The address in my scavenger hunt thread works (see avatar)

Sent! Now you have to update your avatar.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 05:55:23 AM

Coinabul?

The address in my scavenger hunt thread works (see avatar)

Sent! Now you have to update your avatar.

Avatar updates automatically ^^ it's live.

I did send it to the right account, didn't I?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 06:31:46 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2011, 06:45:11 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Coinabul?

Wyoming for tax purposes is understandable. But why that address?

Moreover, if there's nothing to hide, why was the About page change changed from:

Coinabul is a legally incorporated entity located at 2710 Thomes Ave, Cheyenne, WY 83001. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesistate to call us at (Wyoming phone number was here 24 hours ago) or email us.

to this?:

Coinabul is a legally entity incorporated in Wyoming. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesistate to call (note that the phone number is now missing) or email us.

Also, why was the WhoIs status changed from public to private 24 hours ago clearly showing the 2710 Thomes Ave. address?

Tax advantage with nothing to hide is understandable. Changing shit to hide something is not understandable.

Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 06:38:01 AM

Probably just not interested in bad publicity.
+1.

We're getting an office space ASAP. The Wyoming incorporation service was mainly for tax reasons and to get the site off the ground. I apologize if you got the wrong idea because of it. We're working to provide as trustworthy and secure of a service as possible.

Edit: The phone number is up on the main page. We changed it so international callers could reach us as well.

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 06:46:57 AM

+1.

We're getting an office space ASAP. The Wyoming incorporation service was mainly for tax reasons and to get the site off the ground. I apologize if you got the wrong idea because of it. We're working to provide as trustworthy and secure of a service as possible.

Edit: The phone number is up on the main page. We changed it so international callers could reach us as well.

Bad publicity from what? Why was the WhoIs changed at the same time?

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 07:02:38 AM

+1.

Bad publicity from you Mr. Gage. Smiley As for the WhoIs, I assumed it was private the entire time, but we recently switched over our nameservers to an anti-ddos system. That might have done it? We're still using the address for any emails we send out (per CAN-SPAM regulations.)

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 08:09:34 AM

+1.

Bad publicity from you Mr. Gage. Smiley As for the WhoIs, I assumed it was private the entire time, but we recently switched over our nameservers to an anti-ddos system. That might have done it? We're still using the address for any emails we send out (per CAN-SPAM regulations.)

So, let me see if I have this correct. You changed everything because of me. Was it because of a thread I posted on this board yesterday but was kindly asked to take down?

Changing your nameservers over to CloudFlare is a good choice: http://www.protoplasmictraveler.net/smf/index.php?topic=92.0

BTW, your Terms of Service looks and reads a lot like this one: http://www.goldeneaglecoin.com/Display/Conditions_of_Use

If René Descartes were alive today, would he say, "I C&P, therefore I am"?

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 08:25:52 AM

+1.

What is the point of this thread? It's interesting that it follows a major ddos attack wave. Is there an implied accusation?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 08:50:39 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2011, 09:08:26 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

+1.

What is the point of this thread? It's interesting that it follows a major ddos attack wave. Is there an implied accusation?

I guess at this point the thread is pretty long, to long to read in a short period of time, so I guess it's time for a synopsis.

A member of this forum, who has a vested interested in Bitcoin, desires to know why a Bitcoin related company uses an address in Wyoming known for "shell companies"--businesses that exist almost exclusively on paper. As a tax haven, any other address would have worked in Wyoming, but this one was specifically chosen. Why?

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=%222710+Thomes+Ave%22

Hope that bought you up to speed. Sorry for the long description, but I had to hash out this explanation from this mighty long thread.

An aside observation: An idea that is too big to fail. meets Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 09:22:47 AM

+1.

I guess at this point the thread is pretty long, to long to read in a short period of time, so I guess it's time for a synopsis.

A member of this forum, who has a vested interested in Bitcoin, desires to know why a Bitcoin related company uses an address in Wyoming known for "shell companies"--businesses that exist almost exclusively on paper. As a tax haven, any other address would have worked in Wyoming, but this one was specifically chosen. Why?

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=%222710+Thomes+Ave%22

Hope that bought you up to speed. Sorry for the long description, but I had to hash out this explanation from this mighty long thread.

OK, thanks. I don't know what "shell companies are. Are they illegal or illegitimate somehow? I wasn't aware that there are tax havens in the USA. There are a few states that have low incorporation fees and also low tax rates. Just because a particular business is successful because it offers low rates for services, doesn't mean that it is violating any laws. If the Wyoming business is conducting illegal activities, perhaps law enforcement should be contacted? Personally, I would trust a company with a Wyoming corporation over one in the Cayman Islands, UAE, or several other offshore corporate tax havens.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 10:58:53 AM

It's probably less dubious than all that. It was probably on online incorporation service and that online site that files the paperwork provided their office space as an address or something.

(Just a theory)

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 11:52:06 AM

i've always thought you were a little bit of a kook but this one is good. 

anyone who intentionally seeks out a such a shady entity is trying to hide something. 
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 02:33:43 PM

anyone who intentionally seeks out a such a shady entity is trying to hide something. 

It's probably less dubious than all that. It was probably on online incorporation service and that online site that files the paperwork provided their office space as an address or something.

(Just a theory)

do a simple Google search for online incorporating.  see how many thousands come up before this type.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 02:35:35 PM

Morning, cypherdoc. I'm withholding a response to your comment, for I'm not sure if it's directed towards me or at the post immediately above it. Please clarify if you desire a comeback from me.

Bruno
WiseOldOwl

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 02:49:39 PM

That address is famous for having a ridiculous amount of businesses located there. There is even a show or short piece on it on TV.
He most likely got roped into a do it all service online like Matt Wright said.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 03:33:09 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2011, 03:52:07 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

+1.

OK, thanks. I don't know what "shell companies are. Are they illegal or illegitimate somehow? I wasn't aware that there are tax havens in the USA. There are a few states that have low incorporation fees and also low tax rates. Just because a particular business is successful because it offers low rates for services, doesn't mean that it is violating any laws. If the Wyoming business is conducting illegal activities, perhaps law enforcement should be contacted? Personally, I would trust a company with a Wyoming corporation over one in the Cayman Islands, UAE, or several other offshore corporate tax havens.

Morning, cbeast. I had a feeling that this post may be torn apart when I penned it, but I went and posted it nonetheless. I was tired when I wrote it, therefore allow me to take another shot at it. But before I do, I'm pretty sure you meant, "OK, thanks. I didn't know what "shell commpanies" were." I take that as a smart ass comment towards me, sinnce I offered up a description of shell companies in my first sentence preceded by a dash.

You are correct. Haven is the wrong word. Some corporations set up entities in Wyoming for other reasons. Like Matthew kindly pointed out, it probably was only for tax purposes.

That said, the following is a revised post:

A member of this forum, who has a vested interested in Bitcoin, desires to know why a Bitcoin related company uses an address in Wyoming known for dubious activities. Why, pray tell, was 2710 Tomes Ave. specifically chosen when ten of thousand other addresses could have sufficed in that state for tax purposes?

Allow me to add the following to the above:

I'm sure that a handful of bright fellows put Coinabul together. Are they now telling me that not a single one of them was bright enough to Google "2710 Thomes Ave." and say among themselves, "Hey, I don't think we should use that address"?

Therefore, allow me to do it for them: http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=%222710+Thomes+Ave.%22

Shit! My bad! Almost a quarter of a million results. Surely with so many companies using that address, it must be a good one. Good choice!

I want to make one thing perfectly clear: I'm not trying to cannibalize Coinabul, but:

What I've found to date is leaving a bad taste in my month. There were warning signs for other Bitcoin entities which have now fallen to the wayside because members here did not heed the warnings.

I'm not trying to be a thorn. If I wrong, I want Coinablu to blossom.

But I'll be God Damned if there's another Bitcoin acceptance company jockeying for position to harm this community.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: