Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:17:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get merited?  (Read 698 times)
heroson (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 10:31:13 AM

Well, i know most of you are going to say,"post useful stuffs", show your quality, dont go with quantities. Its all only for saying. My posts are not that useless and i always post hoping it will be helping people here. But never get that merit points.I dont think its only about what you post, its somehow about, who you know and also about who is in your contact. Do you guys agree ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 10:42:05 AM

I saw your post history and I will enumerate where most of your posts are:

1. Off - Topic section
2. Mega threads

Aside from that, most of your posts are one to two line which can be helpful I think (I didn't read it) but most of it are in the mega threads. Nobody will browse a thread which composes of more than 20 pages and see which of the posts are considered helpful. If you want to be merited, don't post on mega threads.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pokemon Go

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:33:13 PM

how to get merit, that is by the way you should make an important and useful post.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:46:25 PM

It would really be up to that person if he really wants you to have a merit, Well many in the community tend to give merit to people that are very helpful with the topic that has content, A substantial post is needed so you can be merited by someone, Well I can say that most of your post is in one liner or two, It is very blur to really get the support from other people because most merits end up decaying and never been given to anyone.
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 03:52:40 PM

useful post not bring merit for me also,usually they give merit if doing good service like in "service" board. There is so much merit to grab

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1563

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 04:00:52 PM

I recall seeing 2-3 threads where few senior members were giving merits away - anyone with decent quality and constructive posting history could apply and get rewarded.

Other than that, don't hope to get merited for 1-sentence posts in spam/mega threads. Hardly anyone reads such posts anyway. Try to do something useful. You claim to speak 4 languages, how about posting some useful translation to local boards (ie. forum rules, or explanation of how forum ranks work etc). There should be at least 1 merit source in every local board, so likely you'll get merited.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Crystal24

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:01:10 PM

I keep seeing comments talking about , making quality  posts and all that.
Now, i dont believe its about quality posts, its actually about who know on the forum.
bethooven

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:07:04 PM

Well, i know most of you are going to say,"post useful stuffs", show your quality, dont go with quantities. Its all only for saying. My posts are not that useless and i always post hoping it will be helping people here. But never get that merit points.I dont think its only about what you post, its somehow about, who you know and also about who is in your contact. Do you guys agree ?
You must have a good quality post to have merit and specially it will be helpful into the community, post must be constructive and not a spammy one many people gave merit if they see that you are deserving to have that merit but many people also are afraid to give merit because they are thinking that they are going to link with each other.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:09:08 PM

I keep seeing comments talking about , making quality  posts and all that.
Now, i dont believe its about quality posts, its actually about who know on the forum.

I agree! Even though I posted quality posts, only few people gave merit on me. I can also see some quality posts wherein it has no merit. This merit system is not really effective. It only make the ranking system more difficult. A member of this forum cannot achieve higher ranks if they don't meet the merit requirements.
cryptocity90

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:10:56 PM

well that is not true because you can't tell that the forum moderators knows everyone here each an everyone knows there selves, in summaries what i
 trying to say is that you only post meaningful post for you to be upgraded from newbies or from jr.menber to member.. secondly the hero and legendary gives merit to what create a difference to the forum or what is impactful.
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:22:49 PM

Just learn more and contribute to our community mate. This is not all about on how we get that thing but it's also the learnings that we can apply in ourselves.

tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:39:49 PM

Your post is supposed to not belongs here, but i will answer it anyway.
To get merit you must make someone who has sMerit love your post and they will give some to you.
As simple as that, even if you make a really good post but people don't like it, people will not giving any sMerit
@oweljayr

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:53:48 PM

I saw your post history and I will enumerate where most of your posts are:

1. Off - Topic section
2. Mega threads

Aside from that, most of your posts are one to two line which can be helpful I think (I didn't read it) but most of it are in the mega threads. Nobody will browse a thread which composes of more than 20 pages and see which of the posts are considered helpful. If you want to be merited, don't post on mega threads.

Well, considering that most of my posts, quotes and replies are with Bitcoin and altcoins discussions and mostly I guess relevant.  I don't think small ranks can be merited that easy regarding of quality posts.  I just really do not know how we could get merited.  All I do now is just do what ever is needed with the campaign I am joined with, give quality posts, replies or quotes, give some effort in it and expect nothing about merits.  If it comes, it will come, if not, try harder next time.  Only my perception and thank you sir for the idea you gave.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:54:09 PM

We can not claim merit as a matter of right.  Our function is try to do justice to our job.  Increase our knowledge.  You very well mentioned about quality posts.
I think everybody is not  reading every post.  Likes and dislikes also differ from person to person.  It is possible you post  some quality post  but the same is not  read by the person who likes these views and is convinced by your statement so because of not reading how he can give you merit.
On the other hand; someone may not agree with your statement but reads it; so he will not be convinced by it.  

So under both the circumstances you may not get merit.  because luck also play a role.

So I advise just try to do good certainly you will have some good; time may be short or long.  Smiley
Edit
After posting this reply i saw 4 merits to my account though in the evening it were 3; so I got one today.  Say congratulations to me  Grin
Likewise you will get it too.
heroson (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 05:37:49 PM

Your post is supposed to not belongs here, but i will answer it anyway.
To get merit you must make someone who has sMerit love your post and they will give some to you.
As simple as that, even if you make a really good post but people don't like it, people will not giving any sMerit
Your writing skill somehow made me feel that you were not suppose to be here. But anyway thank you for answering
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:46:24 PM

Making a quality post, by constructing a useful post, is simply signifies to the topic related and meaningful to others, marit can be transferred, to enable upgrading in next rank level...
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:11:12 PM

Well for one thing it's probably better to post something like this in the meta subforum rather than the main bitcoin discussion one. I don't think that these types of topics are meant to be discussed here.
cryptochain5

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:01:25 PM

You must have a good quality post to have merit and specially it will be helpful into the community, post must be constructive and not a spammy. so for me that's the only way you will get merited.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:16:34 PM

Well for one thing it's probably better to post something like this in the meta subforum rather than the main bitcoin discussion one. I don't think that these types of topics are meant to be discussed here.

Exactly! OP wants to get merited but can't follow the rules and post in the appropriate section. What does a topic about merit has to do with Bitcoin? If not much then what is it doing in Bitcoin Discussion?
OP, If you write a lot of useless posts it will make people remember you as a shitposter and even if you make a decent post once in a while you won't get as much merit as you could as a result of your posting history.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Maame Esi Sergio

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 08:27:35 PM

Well, you have a point. But the principle for merit still holds that unless you make quality posts before you can get merited. This merit issue is becoming concerns for many but its been said that Do not post threads about merit because that wont fetch you any. Instead of raising this issue, I would rather advice you use it to post something useful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: