Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My video card stop working and I didn't even make enough money to make my money  (Read 275 times)
Digital Drug Lord (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:01:09 PM
Merited by lunobird (1)

I can't believe I was going to waste more money on more video cards

The little guy can't compete with all the farms out there these days anyway

What's the point of wasting video card life for chump change

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:04:43 PM

Really, you again?  If your gpu died, RMA it.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
About20Ninjas

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:42:50 PM

Sorry about your card. You have to understand that there is risk in any business (yes you're trying to make some money, we can call it business). Here's one example: You'll buy a car to drive for Uber and somebody will still it or crash it... You can do two things, start over or not at all.

One day you'll look back and will be happy (or sad) about the decision you're making right now.
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:23:01 PM

Is this Metroid's autistic cousin?

Gotta be related.  Cool
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:57:14 PM

Well I am going to assume that since he started a thread like this, he can't RMA the card.

Most likely he bought it second hand where the warranty is non-trasferable.

Or maybe he disassembled the GPU and took off the screw tamper stickers and voided the warranty.

Or he bought an old GPU like an R9 290 which have warranty that expired years ago.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
WHTP

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:18:05 PM

Do you know the reason as to why it stopped working? Did you provide proper cooling? Do you have a warranty?

If the card just stop working, and you used it in a way that it did not affect the warranty, then get your money back.

Just don't tell them you were mining, but even if you did, the cards are designed to work at full force 24/7. So you should be good.
wnfakind

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:54:49 PM

Sorry to hear my dude, but that comes with the territory.. Hopefully you have taken the proper precautions prior to mining with your GPU. Cooling ect.. I'm mining with a GTX970... well was but had stopped about a month ago due to the fact that I'm broke as fuck and would like to conserve my video card. Even with the asic mining... the "little guy" can still make something down the road if you happened to find a hidden gem. Digibyte and Raven Coin are still mineable with a decent GPU.. not mining thousands like the asic guys.. but it will pay off in the near future.

I mined for around 5 months using my GPU and no issues to be honest, no cooling setup... maybe I was just lucky.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:04:33 PM

If you did purchase a secondhand card, it is unfortunate that the card died prematurely but you are always taking a risk buying used cards. There's really no way to make sure that a card was run how the seller described, and it's not always easy to determine how hard a card's been pushed.

If your card was new, RMA is always possible as everyone's mentioned above. I assume that's not the case as you're venting here.
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:56:24 AM

digital drug lord and Metroid are the only realist type of people here. They see the mining landscape for how it is and they don't sugar coat it.  They are respectable community members

All you other miners are idiotic thinking mining is still profitable without accounting for the real cost that comes with the territory

I got rekt with obelisk not shipping drc miners yet, i got rekt by bitmain x3 & L3+ , i got rekt by sp_mod shitcoin software miner mining signatum, i got rekt by antpool hash rate marketplace hash rate dump,, I even got rekt by nvidia by not even being able to ROI my 1080 ti, 1070 ti  yet and I even bought them early on release date, I got rekt by the irs and California 28 cent electric cost.  I got rekt by everyone.

I capitulate and I am done.  Getting rid of my 31 nvidia gpu farm, gonna dump my gpus on dummies like Gotminer that drank to much of that mining koolaid

TGJ

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:21:22 AM

digital drug lord and Metroid are the only realist type of people here. They see the mining landscape for how it is and they don't sugar coat it.  They are respectable community members

All you other miners are idiotic thinking mining is still profitable without accounting for the real cost that comes with the territory

I got rekt with obelisk not shipping drc miners yet, i got rekt by bitmain x3 & L3+ , i got rekt by sp_mod shitcoin software miner mining signatum, i got rekt by antpool hash rate marketplace hash rate dump,, I even got rekt by nvidia by not even being able to ROI my 1080 ti, 1070 ti  yet and I even bought them early on release date, I got rekt by the irs and California 28 cent electric cost.  I got rekt by everyone.

I capitulate and I am done.  Getting rid of my 31 nvidia gpu farm, gonna dump my gpus on dummies like Gotminer that drank to much of that mining koolaid

Why call other miners idiotic? The only thing idiotic is mining on 28c electric.
gotminer

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:27:00 AM

Well I am going to assume that since he started a thread like this, he can't RMA the card.

Most likely he bought it second hand where the warranty is non-trasferable.

Or maybe he disassembled the GPU and took off the screw tamper stickers and voided the warranty.

Or he bought an old GPU like an R9 290 which have warranty that expired years ago.

Don't assume anything when responding to a thread that was initiated by Digital Drug Lord ... Lol.  He's been around ... He's known for his bitch fits about gpu mining.  Haven't seen him post lately ... Several months ago (if memory serves me correctly), he bought the most expensive water cooled 1080ti package that he could have possibly purchased, against my advice ... and others ... Who knows with this dude.  Could be someone else that we know on this forum posing as a newbie.  If not, I do feel sorry for him.  I've never come across someone who thinks so shortsightedly and never comes to the realization of the bigger picture.  

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gotminer

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:27:23 AM

Is this Metroid's autistic cousin?

Gotta be related.  Cool

I've been thinking the same thing for awhile.

gotminer

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:28:43 AM

Do you know the reason as to why it stopped working? Did you provide proper cooling? Do you have a warranty?

If the card just stop working, and you used it in a way that it did not affect the warranty, then get your money back.

Just don't tell them you were mining, but even if you did, the cards are designed to work at full force 24/7. So you should be good.

If you would have read his previous posts, you wouldn't have even taken the time to give him any advice.

gotminer

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:45:42 AM

Yeah, you capitulate and you're done.  Holding way less than you started with.  Sell me your bags cheap Grin Grin Grin  Please do sell me those gpu's at a penny on the dollar too ...  Grin

The only idiots who are mining are the ones who think they can make it without a long term agenda.  Digital Drug Lord would be one of those guys.  He used to bitch about how much he was getting daily in fiat.  No No No ... Sorry Princess ... HAND SLAP FOR YOU!  If you need to calculate what you make on a daily basis in fiat, NEWS FLASH! Mining/trading crypto isn't for you.

You will be much better off, when you realize that you will not become a rich man overnight, just because you want to mine with that puter that your mommy bought you for Christmas.

Hit me up in a few years and we'll compare portfolio's ... Lol.  I'll make a note of it and contact you, in case you forget.

gotminer

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:52:57 AM

Also ... If you want to spout your shit to someone ... Go complain to this guy that you have tears in your eyes because your mining hardware is not making any money ... Lol  Grin Grin Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.0

Bulitt

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:59:00 AM

lul OP runs his GPU in his gaming PC with air cooling and probably overclocked and undervolted for 10 months without even so much as using a can of compressed air on the dust. Prolly rockin 78°C temps for 10 months straight then finally one day the VRM hits 100°C and things start to crackle and pop. Maintain your system and dont overclock and you will be much more likely to achieve ROI.
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:41:15 AM

OP is renowned for sh*tposting rubbish on the forums. Whoever merited him you should be ashamed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: