Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Killer App] - Starcraft II Bitcoin Tournament Site - SC2BTC.com  (Read 1559 times)
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 05:31:35 PM

Found this video today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enywqVkM_gI

This site has massive potential. Gives a gazillion Korean kids the ability to play SCII for real money, and can bridge international markets into a giant tournament system.

Beautiful globalization made possible by Bitcoin - A German, an American, a Korean, and a South African can all wager on a game together, in one currency.

Any of you who play Starcraft 2, go sign up with their public beta and give feedback!

Is the owner of that site on these forums??
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Absentis

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 06:08:59 PM

SC2 doesn't have cross region support so ironically none of the nationalities you mentioned can play against one another unless they purchase a second account for another region.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure the owner posted in reddit.com/r/starcraft today.

I look forward to its success.
ptshamrock

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 06:10:38 PM

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

THIS CAN FOR SURE BE AN KILLER APP!

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
ptshamrock

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 06:24:30 PM

SC2 doesn't have cross region support so ironically none of the nationalities you mentioned can play against one another unless they purchase a second account for another region.

Give it enuff incentive (BTC donations) and u`ll see "free" servers pop up everywhere on the interwebz.....like it was with worldofwarcraft..

AND TONS OF CLASSIC GAMES !

Think of https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/

HAMACHI is awesome..i loved it because i lost my sc1 key and wan ted to play Cheesy

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 06:30:17 PM

Tunngle.net is also a good choice Wink
Anyway, this is only the first step ... I can see many other games coming! Grin

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 06:32:05 PM

Oh I'm a noob hahaha

Well, surely my sentiment will be true for other games without region-specific matching =)  Nevertheless, such sites are a huge market for Bitcoin, and a perfect application of the technology.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 06:53:02 PM

Awesome!

Now apply that for any other games around and epicness is ensued

ptshamrock

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 07:01:04 PM

Awesome!

Now apply that for any other games around and epicness is ensued

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursion   Cheesy

Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 07:11:05 PM

Nice!  I like how they promote mining as a way to earn the coins needed to enter tournaments.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 07:17:56 PM

Yeah, this is a win-win idea Grin
Every gamer has a good GPU!
They are able to start small and cheap tournaments without touching any exchanger Wink

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 07:29:12 PM

Nice!  I like how they promote mining as a way to earn the coins needed to enter tournaments.

Yeah quite brilliant really!  I'd imagine the Starcraft community has a greater collective hashing capacity than current BTC miners... 5 million copies sold, all running on at least a modest GPU.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 09:27:23 PM

Yeah quite brilliant really!  I'd imagine the Starcraft community has a greater collective hashing capacity than current BTC miners... 5 million copies sold, all running on at least a modest GPU.

Starcraft 2 is not such a high-end game. I can play with graphics on high with just an ATI 5450, bBut yes, the target audience is nice.

Anyway, I believe this goes against the EULA or other agreement so Blizzard should be contacting them pretty soon...
freeminer

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 09:31:20 PM

Wow, cool!

This is what bitcoin economy really needs, rather than just another exchange.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 09:36:15 PM

Blizzard entertainment isn't sleeping, with the upcoming release of Diablo3 and their real money item auction house, their own online wallet and the ability to buy their products online with it expect something in that direction. It already is expected that they will pretty much corner the market for their newest game and considering their patching policy expect something which would make such a en-devour unprofitable in the long run
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 10:35:48 AM

We have launched our next tournament on SC2BTC.Com:D , check out the second Starcraft tournament with Bitcoin prize pool at http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=288969
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 11:24:45 AM

SC2BTC sounds more like "SolidCoin to Bitcoin" or maybe even SolidCoin2Bitcoin(as in solidcoin v2 to bitcoin). So yeah, the name is confusing.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 11:46:34 AM

^ I don't think it's confusing at all, as I'd imagine very few people know what solidcoin is. Almost every one is much more likely to equate SC with Starcraft, especially within the Starcraft gaming community.

Quote from: DeaDTerra
We have launched our next tournament on SC2BTC.Com:D , check out the second Starcraft tournament with Bitcoin prize pool at http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=288969

Great job on the last tournament and good luck on the next one!

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 11:48:37 AM

^ I don't think it's confusing at all, as I'd imagine very few people know what solidcoin is. Almost every one is much more likely to equate SC with Starcraft, especially within the Starcraft gaming community.

Quote from: DeaDTerra

Great job on the last tournament and good luck on the next one!

Thank you very much, please make sure you tune into our stream as well as bump/upvote our posts so the eSports/bitcoin cooperation can grow Cheesy
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 03:08:01 PM

Brilliant idea.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: