Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:03:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Double names in Spreadsheet campaign (How to prevent "Effort-Grabbers")  (Read 297 times)
nngella (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:14:13 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2018, 09:35:00 AM by nngella
Merited by sureshnsnet (5), paparexon0414 (1)

I just noticed that some spreadsheets of bounty campaigns have multiple occurring of same names.
I do not know the reason of this phenomenon.  Maybe the user inputted his/her entry twice.  But I also encountered in which one registered using the name and bitcointalk profile link of other member and listed his/her ETH address, meaning he will reap the efforts of others.

Because of these, I would like to suggest to use CONDITIONAL FORMATTING in the spreadsheet to identify duplicate or multiple names.

STEP 1

STEP 2

I hope this helps to prevent "Effort-Grabbers"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 10:17:17 AM

They probably had a mistake and just did it accidentally but we don't know if there's deep intention about those duplicated application.
This must be the concern for managers because most of them can't even check each of their participants.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
nngella (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:38:24 AM

They probably had a mistake and just did it accidentally but we don't know if there's deep intention about those duplicated application.
This must be the concern for managers because most of them can't even check each of their participants.

I saw some members complaining on the bounty thread that some scammers use this trick to confuse the bounty managers and give the tokens to the wrong eth address.

Hence i just suggest this tip for bounty managers to sort out duplicated names.

Maldini07

Activity: 205
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:16:24 AM

~skip~
But I also encountered in which one registered using the name and bitcointalk profile link of other member and listed his/her ETH address, meaning he will reap the efforts of others.
Yes this kind of thing I often encounter, even some times I get my bitcointalk account used by other members to follow the campaign telegram and other social media and for that I was forced to reporting him to bounty manager
sureshnsnet
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:44:25 AM

There is some scammers entry the same name with another user and scammers wallet address but no use west of time only because the campaign manager going to reject that entries, and what you share here that excel formula will help to check the double names in spreadsheets.

.ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:12:32 AM

I, myself had experience putting my entry twice if only my internet interupts or have some trouble signing ups but I quickly address it to BM to avoid disqualifcations of my entry. But think those who put different bitcointalk or telegram or other info, but with same eth address are intentionals cause they want to cheat and get more tokens than everyone else in the lists. And it ends up to some disqualifications to those identities that stolens who are doing an honest job. Hopefully Bounty Managers could see and apply it to avoid scammers or cheaters. Nice piece of information though.
tronghoa

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 10:18:03 AM

Sometime it is mistake from bounty hunter but sometime it could be from cheater - who want to use other's account name for the bounty and earn more stakes than he could get. I made mistake one time before and I have to chat with BM via telegram to correct it.
AzuraBWZ

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:08:03 AM

i thinks is normal , because manager can make a mistake. but if scammer using name of profil its very carefull and your mine will gone.
Jahebau

Activity: 265
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:22:36 AM

i thinks is normal , because manager can make a mistake. but if scammer using name of profil its very carefull and your mine will gone.
yeah we must carefull with a scammer , he is very dangerous. if double name of spreadsheet we can complain to manager so that it can be fixed
dinans2018

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:40:50 PM

yeah we must carefull with a scammer , he is very dangerous. if double name of spreadsheet we can complain to manager so that it can be fixed
hmm.. i never like that but sounds is very bad for manager . maybe we can report that manager cause her mistake
nngella (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:10:53 AM

hmm.. i never like that but sounds is very bad for manager . maybe we can report that manager cause her mistake
just contact the bounty manager using telegram and he/she will correct his/her mistakes.  It the bounty manager is not capable in correcting this one, this clearly says that he/she is not doing well in being a bounty manager which reflects the ICO campaign that you just joined.

CathalG

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:39:45 AM

It's not a big deal to prevent these types of scammers if bounty manager is experienced. But most of them are very lazy and just don't care about scammers.
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 10:11:54 AM

It's normal that manager commits mistake, there's no perfect in everything but this is a different issue for having a mistake the way they handle a campaign and to those abusers.
There are managers that are committed to their work but I'm saying that not all of them are like that. As I've said, they can't even check each of their participants so if there are problems like this, someone who has concern and wants to contribute and clean this type of mess, address this to the appropriate manager.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
tolgahanuzun

Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:19:11 PM

This indicates a bad bounty manager work. Usually they banyat such users. But sometimes they can miss it by mistake. Just tell your bounty manager. He will correct this data, and remove the fraudster.

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
lectro
Copper Member

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:05:55 PM

I just noticed that some spreadsheets of bounty campaigns have multiple occurring of same names.
I do not know the reason of this phenomenon.  Maybe the user inputted his/her entry twice.  But I also encountered in which one registered using the name and bitcointalk profile link of other member and listed his/her ETH address, meaning he will reap the efforts of others.

Because of these, I would like to suggest to use CONDITIONAL FORMATTING in the spreadsheet to identify duplicate or multiple names.

STEP 1

STEP 2

I hope this helps to prevent "Effort-Grabbers"

We're asking people to sign-up on our website and then we cross-check that registration email with every bounty claim to avoid people trying to double the effort or get around the rules.   Once you submit registration with email and ethereum address, that information can't be changed.  We look for duplicates each week and determine if it was an actual mistake or malicious behavior in which case the person is disqualified.  Bounty management isn't easy!
Yana_O1993

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 02:37:20 PM

sometimes google form brakes and twice writes you. but if it's about articles, then in one bounty campaign a person can register more than 5 times

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
nngella (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:16:32 AM

We're asking people to sign-up on our website and then we cross-check that registration email with every bounty claim to avoid people trying to double the effort or get around the rules.   Once you submit registration with email and ethereum address, that information can't be changed.  We look for duplicates each week and determine if it was an actual mistake or malicious behavior in which case the person is disqualified.  Bounty management isn't easy!

I do believe that being a bounty manager is a tedious task.  Hence, this tool will save some time for you to pinpoint scammers and effort-grabbers.  We are in the era of so much technology that we can utilize to make our lives much easier.

Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:01:51 AM

Now really there are a lot of duplicate entries in the ICO tables, which differ only in the purse address. If the manager does not exercise sufficient care, the token will also be sent to the token as a result. Many managers solve this problem simply: they arrange the participants in the table by the alphabet of the participant's name and the duplicates quickly appear. In this case, from two identical accounts by name, the fake one will always be the lowest in the list. For greater certainty, some managers ask participants to specify purse addresses also in their profile. Comparing the counterparts, then it will not be difficult to say which of the two entries is fake.
Sharingjoy

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:51:14 AM

Good idea op, I hope this will help the bounty managers to sort out double entry names and eliminate those scammer that uses other accounts.
nngella (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:32:21 AM

Now really there are a lot of duplicate entries in the ICO tables, which differ only in the purse address. If the manager does not exercise sufficient care, the token will also be sent to the token as a result. Many managers solve this problem simply: they arrange the participants in the table by the alphabet of the participant's name and the duplicates quickly appear. In this case, from two identical accounts by name, the fake one will always be the lowest in the list. For greater certainty, some managers ask participants to specify purse addresses also in their profile. Comparing the counterparts, then it will not be difficult to say which of the two entries is fake.

This is a simple way to do.  But please take note that when you do this, you need to bring back the old file because you will mess the spreadsheet numbers of the participants.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: