Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:01:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining with TV !!!!!  (Read 268 times)
gameboy366 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:28:00 AM

"Canaan Creative, a China-based second largest producer of bitcoin mining rigs, has launched the world's first bitcoin mining television set.  Called 'AvalonMiner Inside', the TV set will work on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and will have voice-activated functions.

With the AvalonMiner Inside, the company aims to bring bitcoin mining right to people’s homes. The TV set could mean a greater decentralization on the bitcoin network.  AvalonMiner Inside set has a hash rate (computing rate) of 2.8 trillion hashes per second whereas the most powerful mining hardware my Canaan has a hash rate of 11 trillion hashes per second.

The TV set is also equipped with an in-built real-time mining profitability calculator which would help the customers assess the device’s performance. The bitcoins mined by the TV can be spent on products available at the store platform by Canaan Creative. The products include physical gifts and entertainment packages.

This is the first in a series of “blockchain-related home appliances” that will use the AvalonMiner Inside. The device is a part of Canaan Creative’s attempt to widen the user base and bring in more appliances integrated with bitcoin mining capabilities as well as blockchain technology.

The AvalonMiner will be distributed to retail businesses who can supply them to customers. With the new TV set, Canaan Creative now has a line of two products in Hong Kong.  The company is planning to launch more blockchain related products in the future.

The launch of TV set comes following the company's initial public offering (IPO) application in Hong Kong in May of this year, which is expected to raise $1 billion.  Canaan Creative's rival Bitmain is also reportedly coming up with an IPO soon.  Bitmain made over a billion dollars in profit in the first quarter of this year and has set a target of $2 to $3 billion as profits of the entire year. Canaan, on the other hand, reported nearly $205 million worth of revenue in 2017."

https://www.cryptoground.com/a/worlds-first-bitcoin-mining-tv-launched-by-chinese-blockchain-firm-canaan-creative

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hyp0crit

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:21:34 AM

Netflix and Chil.. bitcoin!  Cheesy
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 03:06:17 PM

Canaan / avalon really outdid themselves this time?

This is quite a unique way of thinking outside the box. I'm not so sure how to feel about it though. Do we really need a TV that mines bitcoin? Albeit one that probably doesn't mine so well/profitably. Can you imagine watching TV with an ASIC's noise beside it? If it isn't that noisy then it probably isn't mining well enough since, for many reasons i can imagine..

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
hashestohashes

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:14:04 PM

Canaan / avalon really outdid themselves this time?

This is quite a unique way of thinking outside the box. I'm not so sure how to feel about it though. Do we really need a TV that mines bitcoin? Albeit one that probably doesn't mine so well/profitably. Can you imagine watching TV with an ASIC's noise beside it? If it isn't that noisy then it probably isn't mining well enough since, for many reasons i can imagine..
2.8Th, it's not going to make much noise, or money, or anything.
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:16:56 PM

wth?
bitmain has routers with built in miners to mine coins
and now companies are starting to put miners in tvs!
whats next?
hashestohashes

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:21:00 PM

wth?
bitmain has routers with built in miners to mine coins
and now companies are starting to put miners in tvs!
whats next?
Toasters, always on toasters.
HE[A]RTLESS

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:55:27 AM

i heard news before but maybe can mine only little coin with no need high performance miner because if put more in tv that make other part of tv  hot and dead
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: