Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] Cryptsy News **Ripple added 132 Ripple Markets now active**  (Read 26647 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:37:12 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 06:25:49 PM by BitJohn

What is Cryptsy:
Cryptsy is an Internet startup operated by Project Investors, Inc. focusing on the exchange of Crypto-Currency commonly known as “BitCoin” and it's derivatives. We currently service more than 90 different types of crypto-currency.
The Cryptsy.com exchange opened on May 20th, 2013 and since then has seen rapid growth in both customer base and trade volume.
Cryptsy is based in Delray Beach, Florida, USA

Our Mission:
Provide a safe environment for users to trade crypto-currencies with other users in an efficient and easy to use manner.

Future Objectives:
  • Cryptsy will in the near future expand further by offering exchanges of more fiat currency directly to crypto-currency, while also maintaining Full Compliance with global, national, and local regulations.
  • Cryptsy will expand its service offerings for merchants who want to easily accept BitCoin and other crypto-currency payments as an alternative payment method for their ecommerce sales.
  • Cryptsy will offer an escrow service for safe and direct user to user transactions.

Starting a new official Cryptsy thread where I will put any news and updates. Notice its moderated to keep out the trolls and to actually try and keep it useful.

Rules
1. Do NOT post "I want to add this coin or check out my coin etc. Its clutter"
     a. I check the announcement forums regularly.
2. DO NOT get mad if I delete something in this thread maybe I am just cleaning it up to keep it relevant to the topic.
3. Do post detailed feature requests I would love to hear em.
4. Do not put support issues in this thread as they belong in tickets or if you must PM myself or one of the other agents on the board they will likely help you out.
5. Do monitor for official news and events.

Thanks excited about giving this a whirl and seeing if we can get some good conversation and news updates.

Links:
Site: https://Cryptsy.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCryptsy
Google + : http://tiny.cc/CryptsyGoogle or https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/107784758603655102646/107784758603655102646
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/cryptsy/
Twitter: @cryptsy  @Bit_John

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:37:22 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 03:36:19 PM by BitJohn

Reserved.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:37:32 PM

About cryptsy goes here
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:54:55 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 05:38:49 PM by mullick

UPDATE REGARDING PENNIES/CENT

First of all I would like to ensure users that our decision to end trading in know way means the coin is "dead" as some are saying. It is still traded at other exchanges and we hope it has a bright future. It seems to have a very active developer who is working on any issues it has. But at the present time we have decided it best we end trading of the currency for the reasons I will describe below.

I believe we can all agree CENT is certainly a unique coin and with that comes its own unique set of challenges.

Input Buildup:

The original block reward for CENT was only 1 coin. and was meant to be non divisible meaning they could not be broken down further than 1 coin. No decimal places. This would not cause  a problem if the amount of inflation was steady as predicted but rather CENT has gone through what can be best described as "Hyper Inflation" due to its exponential returns on POS minting. This causes problem with input buildup.

Lets say we average 1,000 transactions a day in our CENT wallet.

Now when the chain was still mined via Proof of work the total supply was pretty low so for the start we can average 10 coins per transaction. It stayed like this for some time until the stake started to build up on the network. Lets say 30 days after we listed, roughly 60 days into the chain. Thats 30,000 inputs of 10 coins each in our wallet at that time

Fast forward 6 months.

The network has gone through hyper inflation and there are now trillions of coins. Lets say now the average withdrawal is 1 billion coins. We now have hundreds of thousands of inputs and outputs in our wallets of varying ages and sizes.

So lets try to build a withdrawal of 1 billion coins. Thats a lot of inputs

30,000 x 10 = 300,000 coins (first month transactions )

30,000 x 1000 = 30,000,000 ( maybe 30 days later )

If the wallet trys to use older inputs you can see how this can be an issue. Only so many inputs can fit into a block before it becomes to large and is rejected. Usually this limit is a few hundred to 1000 inputs

1 billion / 1000 = 1,000,000

The average input size would need to be 1 million coins to fit inside of a block. So we reduce the maximum withdrawal amount to prevent transactions from being rejected and having to be resent. This leads to the next issue

Support issues:

As noted above the withdrawal limited has had to be drastically reduced. Which in one way reduces out CENT related tickets ( Stuck withdrawals) But on the other creates more ( Customers upset it takes a lenghty amount of time and patience to withdrawal their funds.

We had overwhelming support tickets with users who have missing deposits. Either by them not being on the correct chain and not being able to sync with us our our wallet getting on on the wrong chain again

We find ourselves redownloading and rebuilding the wallet far too often. We are unable to ensure users funds can be deposited and withdrawal reliably. And our main goal is to ensure the safety of our users funds And their ability to access them reliably

As you can see theses are issues that can and are being addressed by the development team. The input build up is onf no concern to the average user. But for us would take time to fix and clear the inputs. It just does not fit well with our system or future plans for the exchange

Keeping up with CENT updates:

There has been some confusion about this. We have monitored the github repository and updated cryptsy wallets to all of the latest versions as they were released.

I had previously instructed users to use my block crawler at http://altexplorer.info/chains/CENT/block_crawler.php as a reference to where cryptsys wallet was. I did some server upgrades and restored from a previous backup. Turns out the backup used had an out of date penniesd which may have caused this confusion. It has been corrected now

Conflicts with future update to trade engine/ balance storage system:

The sheer number of coins and the fact they are not divisible conflicts with some major updates we have planned for the exchange. We feel these updates will greatly improve the overall user experience and a number of things about the existing platform had to be changed for CENT and would not work as is with the new system

No customers funds will be taken from this situation Withdrawals are open and will remain until Friday Feb 28th 2014 . Once the wallet is taken offline the process will be manual and will take much longer. We HIGHLY advise you to remove your funds before this date to avoid frustration from a lengthy recovery time

There are several other exchanges trading CENT as well as various online services if you do not want to withdrawal funds to a local wallet. Although a local wallet is always the most secure.

We ensure you this was not an easy decision and much thought was put into it. We wish nothing but the best for the minters, traders and the currency itself. We are open to reevaluating the situation in the future.
MrBrew

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:13:42 AM

I loved the new changes to the account balances.

Can you add the ability to sort by column in the account balances page?

Thanks,
MrBrew

http://Teacoin.net TEA http://Bittrex.com (Official Teacoin Exchange)
rumak

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:53:32 AM

Can we get an update on the status of fiat(USD) coming to Cryptsy? Still in the works? Any ETA or new milestones working towards this goal?

The most detailed plan is on Cryptostocks.com
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:15:00 PM

Can we get an update on the status of fiat(USD) coming to Cryptsy? Still in the works? Any ETA or new milestones working towards this goal?

Oh its still in the works. Not sure what I'm allowed to say but the progress has never stopped Smiley
blade007

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:18:00 PM

Can you fix IFC withdrawal? This is really a thorn in a lot of people's side
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:19:59 PM

Can you fix IFC withdrawal? This is really a thorn in a lot of people's side

Yes we are working on IFC everyday. The developers have done their end and fixed any issues it may have had. We are still working on our old wallet. Withdrawals are slow but are going through
blade007

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:40:26 PM

With the current wallet update the old ones are not working anymore. Maybe you should update it to 1.8.6 to ensure you are on the correct blockchain

Thanks
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:59:52 AM

23 - FEB 2014 New update added in OP
- New order book trade engine online
- SXC/BTC Market opened.
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:02:16 AM

New Markets opened

MINT/BTC   Mint Coin

DRK/BTC   Dark Coin

CACH/BTC   Cache Coin

Trade engine for these markets are offline until the morning to allow our wallets/security to catch up and prevent many deposit issues that arise soon after coins are listed

Deposits/ withdrawals are open
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:15:50 AM

Will we ever see the return of the chat box?

~BCX~

nope. ze chat box is nighty night

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:44:25 AM

Chatbox will return. Just much higher priorities lately. You guys keep us busy Smiley
noobyonekenobi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:13:02 AM

New Markets opened

MINT/BTC   Mint Coin

DRK/BTC   Dark Coin

CACH/BTC   Cache Coin

Trade engine for these markets are offline until the morning to allow our wallets/security to catch up and prevent many deposit issues that arise soon after coins are listed

Deposits/ withdrawals are open
Whats the eta for est?

PS4 Funds for my brother. Help me get it. Thanks! Smiley
BTC: 1MqhiNvDfSBRzFuXLkdvUfve4zavoFw2f8       UTC: UdGz8AS2tzTnf5qZ59uYbCRbVqEQJZrQC2
LTC: LTUMKwRAkqtvbyA5s8TeNHduvWk9t3DvkN    WDC: WjMWs8GUAyJXXtPJRXQXzJ9yjkda1GBbYs
kwilliams

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:16:01 AM

Many ripple users are holding alt-coins (LTC, DOGE, etc) inside the Ripple network and looking for ways to trade them around.
By allowing altcoin deposits from Ripple to Cryptsy you will gain additional business and new loyal customers.
Such features already exist in the competition (https://justcoin.com, https://www.kraken.com, etc)

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:30:58 AM

Many ripple users are holding alt-coins (LTC, DOGE, etc) inside the Ripple network and looking for ways to trade them around.
By allowing altcoin deposits from Ripple to Cryptsy you will gain additional business and new loyal customers.
Such features already exist in the competition (https://justcoin.com, https://www.kraken.com, etc)

Adding Ripple support is a big priority of ours.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:34:05 AM

Adding Ripple support is a big priority of ours.

It certainly won't be easy, else it would have already been done.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
rumak

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:35:30 PM

Oh its still in the works. Not sure what I'm allowed to say but the progress has never stopped Smiley

Thanks for the update.

A formal regular update would be great to hear and be a positive thing for the community based on the recent events at Mt Gox.
iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:19:31 PM

Can you make me a steak dinner tonight? That's about the only thing cryptsy can't do Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: