Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:44:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or NOT? One year HODL expirience.  (Read 444 times)
Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:27:02 PM

Hold is a good strategy, but you should always check the price and sell your coins at the top, like it was in early January, 2018. Because the blindless holding won't bring you as much profit as smart management of your funds

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dgross0818

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:28:33 PM

Interesting experience! Thank you for such a long detailed post with all of your mistakes described! I'd like to read several times to note useful details! Good luck to you! I think I'll revise my strategy for long-term investments! Roll Eyes
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:42:58 PM

Hold is a good strategy, but you should always check the price and sell your coins at the top, like it was in early January, 2018. Because the blindless holding won't bring you as much profit as smart management of your funds
Yes.Holding for a long time may be good depending on the potential of the coin itself.But i guess you will have more profits if you also do day trading as long as you know how to handle its risks.If you really want to gain maximum profits,then diversify your portfolio at least.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:38:25 PM

Timing the market is hard, that is why I like long term investing,

If you bought Bitcoin exactly 1 year ago, you are up 2x right now.

strawhatters

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

ALLUXE.io - Decentralized Luxury Platform

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:43:03 PM

I am inclined to think that it would still be worth holding the coins, the profit will undoubtedly be. the main thing to have patience

"The profit will undoubtly be" Then what's gonna happen if it turned out as a loss or after the end of one year, the market value of the altcoin is less than what it is? Just look at bitcoin. Aug 2017 vs aug 2018

ALLUXE | Luxury Platform
▲ JOIN THE LUXURY REVOLUTION ▲ (https://alluxe.io/)
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:47:42 PM

I am inclined to think that it would still be worth holding the coins, the profit will undoubtedly be. the main thing to have patience

"The profit will undoubtly be" Then what's gonna happen if it turned out as a loss or after the end of one year, the market value of the altcoin is less than what it is? Just look at bitcoin. Aug 2017 vs aug 2018
Truly we cant be sure if we gain or not from such a long days of holding. We know how market change and it volatility became strong which we can't determine if that certain coin will go for moon or just buried down. It is better to be in short term investment as we can easily tract our coins.
Btcallans

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:54:28 PM

Hodl strategy is not bad but sometime many investors do panic in times of bearish trend. This is what makes the hodl unproductive. To many investors cutoff their investment for them to lessen their losses even if the coin have a chance to recover.
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:59:59 PM

I had my own share of experience too in Crypto,  just like you narrated.
Have come to a decision on Hodl and short term coin,  some part of my fund is dedicated for HODL.
I made little calculations of what verge and Neo use to be May 2017,  and saw that 100usd investment in both each would have made me thousands of USD. If I Hodl them.
I bought few back then and sold when git little profit.
A long term or Holder must be patient enough while a shirt trader needs to know the market well
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:04:44 PM

The experiment sounds quite interesting, but in fact it all depends on what assets you have decided to invest and at what point you have opened a position. Only if all the stars have come together and you have opened a position in a good time and a good asset, you can earn on the strategy hodl.
meklinks4

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:27:37 PM

An impressive story i must say. However; i know three guys that purchased a particular coin at the ICO; when this coin got to the exchange, the value quadrupled seriously bullish....
Two of the guys sold off their coins to fiat and made a hell lot of cash; while the other one is still waiting for the coin to come back to the value he bought the coin.

Greed can only be dealt with if you have a strategy put in place. For me, i keep 60% of the coin and sell off fourty percent once i notices that a coin has mooned. In that way, i don't wallow in regrets and self pity.

You too can give that a trial.
Benabod

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:35:07 PM

Though maximum profit is not guaranteed in the crypto world because of the unpredictable and unstable market but to make good gain hodl is the answer but it is always good to make wise decision while investing by choosing prospective altcoins
mihacrypto

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:38:32 PM

now we just have to keep, with such prices to sell tokens is not extremely profitable, it is better to buy

Twitter  - | -  Facebook  - | -  LinkeedIn     _____________   Bamboo - Insurance for Everyone   ____________    YouTube  - | -  Instagram  - | -  Bitcointalk
reynilynedago

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:39:52 AM

When you have entered into the crypto world one thing you should keep in mind that losing and winning both comes in hand to hand and if you have lost some of the money than I must say you must have learnt something from that, the thing is investing in the coins and keep using them will only be helpful if you have a good knowledge about the investments of the coin. If you have bought coins at the older price better to wait for more and have patience as the market is expecting to turn green and when the market rises better to sell off your coins at good rates.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:27:51 PM

Hold your coin especially if you investing in top 5 coin. No matter what happen you should hodl it at least for 3-4 years. 1 year is not enough. Remember...people who got alot of profit last year is people who hold bitcoin from 2014 or maybe from 2012. The patience is the key for succees in every aspect especially in crypto currencies. Down trend happen but there is always the bottom and up..

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
idex100

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:30:07 PM

Holders use to win the race but the long bearish market seem to have thrown everything off balance, still hopeful the year close on a good note
idex100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:31:47 PM

now we just have to keep, with such prices to sell tokens is not extremely profitable, it is better to buy
It is still time to buy more if still have remaining cash in fiats or in tether, we are having the lowest levels of lows before a boom.I dont think thing will go worse than this
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:37:14 PM

i bought XVG at $0.002 in 2017 june and sold at $0.2 in 2017 end. so i got 100X withing few months. holding is most safest and easy way to get profit. meanwhile you can do day trading and increase your bag

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Silverstar

Activity: 426
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:43:51 PM

For the last year, the hold did not bring any profit to me - only the losses .. the coins that I kept only fell in price .. it is possible due to the situation on the market this year ... but this is a fact.. Undecided

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
kris679

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:12:46 PM

Perhaps I will repeat myself, but everyone has its own character and patience in each of the different thoughts and they set priorities in different ways, so I think that there are no advisers here, but my point is to keep the coin!
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:56:05 PM

Yes, I completely agree with you, crypto coins are different and some of them have no chances to grow even in the longer term, others are doomed to stay stable, so investing in them doesn't make much sense, e.g cryptocurrencies that have billions units in the circulating supply - on one hand they may seem promising, the technology is awesome, huge marketcap and the team consists of serious people, on the other hand - how many people and how much have to buy it to cause a serious shift in the price? And news are extremely important, yes, you can hold even though you know that the coin will decrease in price, because you're so sure it will eventually recover, but why not trying to sell it when the price has increased instantly and it's very unlikely it will stay that way for much longer (like when BTC reached $20k)?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: