Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:10:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 15 Crypto discussion on prospect  (Read 2191 times)
rockstar888 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:42:25 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 01:47:44 AM by rockstar888

order by today's market capon mineable coins

#1 Bitcoin - the largest horse gets all the crap, that's what happening now. I fear the future here, looks like it's market share will en eroded by other cryptos.

#2 Litecoin - the second, and might be best coin for value holding, though seems pretty priced in for future up swings.. stable, but boring in price actions.

#3 Peercoin - Bitcoin's sha256 brother, mined for proxy Bitcoin buying by ASIC, nothing to look at. I cannot mine it at all with ASIC

#4 Dogecoin - A joke that went out of hand, and now we are all eating doge spam everyday. It will collapse big time one day when major holders sell, cash in now if u are smart.

#5 Namecoin - Bitcoin's sha256 brother #2, mined for proxy Bitcoin buying by ASIC, nothing to look at.

#6 Protoshares - This one I never understood the value, can captain proto help me out a little bit for better understanding?

#7 Quark - the most pre-mined top 10 of all times. somehow the community seems ok with it, and I have yet to understand that, I also say cash in before it is too late.

#8 feathercoin - the zombie that came back to life, was funny to see the forum board asking questions about why they appreciating, pump action only.. will probably slowly grind down.

#9 Primecoin - Bitcoin's sha256 brother, mined for proxy Bitcoin buying by ASIC, nothing to look at.  I cannot mine it.

#10 Megacoin - I kind of like this coin, though I am not sure if the price is stable cause it is good, or no one cares, very little trading volume, makes cashing larger size difficult. 3rd favorite. buy now.

#11 Infinitecoin - and endless coin with endless chance to depreciate, like dogecoin. Infinitecoin had some very suspecious pump and dump, I say cash in if it goes up a little  more before it drops 20%

#12 Novacoin - a coin that has been aroung long enough to be interesting.. combines some virtual of a few coins.. but a very slow dev team.. has potential?

#13 Worldcoin - sold down from #8 to #13 from projects that was never meant to be, I like the new management, strong community. 30 secs undervalue? looks ok to me at this price.

#14 Vertcoin - was another of my favorite, until I bought in at 0.6 and then it went to 0.28, i looked at the blockchain to see very suspecious concentration. The community appears strong, but the uneven distribution gave it red flags all over, also too new, never will I make the same mistake twice, I will observe it for another 3 months before reconsidering.

#15 Dakcoin - Pumped up coin, will be out of the picture next week when people realize and race to sell to secure remains. too new to have value at this level, a sell for me.

Do you agree with my list?

sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:48:57 AM

you are new to this?
rockstar888 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:55:08 AM

investing in bitcoin since 2010, so probably be around longer than you.

new to this sub-forum though, seeing how good the knowledge goes here.
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:59:28 AM

investing in bitcoin since 2010, so probably be around longer than you.

new to this sub-forum though, seeing how good the knowledge goes here.

But apparently you know shit about altcoins.
rockstar888 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:03:46 AM

lol. oh very mature respond, I am quite sure it is you that doesn't know shit.
I made over $150k USD in profit in bitcoin, I invite you to do better before commenting.

but looks like I was right to think this forum is full of people like you.

I also was right, about most people won't like to hear the cold hard truth of the top 15.

Lets see more people try to defend without facts next.
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:08:17 AM

#6 Protoshares - This one I never understood the value, can captain obvious help me out a little bit for better understanding?

You need help from captain obvious about a coin that you never seemed to understand?

That's funny.
rockstar888 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:13:19 AM

no one knows all the trivia. I know enough to know I know a lot more than you.
also to see you don't know enough to not pick up on jokes.

and done with you troll, go away if you have nothing to discuss.
Yuzu

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:16:14 AM

Is #15 Darkcoin?
Philosophy4You

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:47:03 AM

I like your choices, but have you ever read up on Cryptogenic Bullion? Was pretty surprised that CGB isn't in your top 15, or top 10 for that matter. CGB is a great store-of-value supposed to emulate the supply and inflation rate of gold. You make 1.5% interest on your holding in CGB and since the maintenance cost is $200/day, it's not too far fetched to expect a multiplication of it's price in the coming months. You have good reasoning for your picks though, but if you haven't looked into CGB yet I'd suggest checking it out: www.reddit.com/r/CryptogenicBullion
kevorsen

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:40:33 AM

you sorted by market cap I see.

alright, I am a community member of various altcoins, some will know me.
I will comment on what I know only.

You are pretty accurate about worldcoin, there is now some MAJOR revamping done, and the Worldcoin Committee is in fact very eager and talented. WDC-e.com is a trading platform that we are working on, still distance from completion, I won't fool you there, will be a while, but so far we got good people working on it, and the finishing product should be pretty hot. Though of course, I prefer to comment on it further down the road instead, like I said, very early stage.  The worldcoin community is also very innovative with new ideas, and in the span of just 1 week, the entire forum was revamped and upgraded (shows you the speed the technical people are capable at operating).  The worldcoin committee actually learned a lot from the previous episodes from the older managements, this is precising why it won't be anything like before, we now emphasize on doing:

1, what the community wants to see happen. ex. The community wanted to sort out the previous water fund project. BAM! done.
2, promote on behalf of merchants to strengthen the network. (probably one of the better networks on the altcoins actually)
3, being transparent, no more secrets, you know exactly what is being planned, worked on.
4, marketing in all global markets, we even have people with foreign language skill to translate just for that.

These are the merits of Worldcoin this moment. AMA.
I am sure other coins working hard too, it is a competitive environment, and we must throw our best to win.

I wish you luck.

I will lastly add, if you want to buy WDC, try to buy at MCXnow, or Cryptsy, or BTer, or Vircurex they seem to have the best volume.
if you want to buy using USD, there's coinMKT and crypto-trade, crypto-trade you can do so anonymously, though volume smaller.
if you want to buy using CNY, then of course, BTC38, BTC38 has huge daily volume in WDC, and that is a market we are growing everyday in.
There are more exchanges too, but start with these.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:07:59 AM

What sticks out for me is your IFC comment and your Quark comment..

There was nothing suspicious about the IFC pumps.. also a pump and dump is not the same.
I was there apart of the pumps that happened on Cryptsy with "headless" and i don't have any clue what you find suspicious about it.

Also about Quark.. When all you news guys showed up a couple months back now, you were all flipping out and rampaging
about how awesome Quark was and how it was going to change the world.. nothing would ever be the same blah blah blah blah (lots of noob hype)
i recall some bullshit about Max Keiser praising it and i figured who cares i don't really know who that guy is (i do now lol)
And guess what ?
i got the same exact identical endless stream of Trolling personal attacks and name calling and harassment the second i said anything critical about QRK
what we had was the usual loud mouth noobs that just got here and don't know shit spouting off
about a coin they are into because well, they just got here and well its the coin they got
and it was hyped.. so what ever is hyped is awesome is the rule i guess..
Back then i ran around telling all these little noobs what they were incapable of seeing (unless they looked)
which is that Quark was mined heavily and a LOT of coins were in circulation.
So fast forward about two or three months and i have not been too active in the forums etc and i seen a pattern
developing all over the internet here on IRC on redditt etc and what this while i was gone some of started running around saying Quark was premined.
It was not !
I could tell guys were saying simply to lie and bad mouth the coin to be dicks, but sadly more and more people started to believe this :/
What do i know about it ? i as mining it early on from the start and had been working on a bunch of miners for it for many months (based on some other guys miner)
So if anyone was paying attention to it, that would be working on improving the mining performance with it.. i still get lots of pm's about the miner actually lol

What new people need to know is ALL coins are flash / insta-mined and just because you were not here for it does not mean it was premined

Take Doge for example.. are we going to see all the new guys show up in 2/3 months scream across the web everywhere that Doge sucks because it was premined ?
I hope not and sadly as much as i hate that stupid piece of shit doge clone coin i will have to defend it lol

Point is i hear all the shit about people saying its ok to support a scam just don't get involved well take the Quark issue for example..
a simple lie has ruined the coin.. so many people have spread this lie i don't think there is any turning back now.
Just the same as there is no turning back from the damage lying Doge coin fanatics have done across the whole internet.

and hey i am not trying to be a dick.. if this Quark premine story is what you were told i just sort of can't blame ya for believing it
i have been stunned just how many people all across the internet i have seen saying that..

FUD first & ask questions later™
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:12:05 AM

MicroCoin should be on this list, it was nFactor before Vertcoin, no premine, no instamine. Very active devs developing things for the community, yet it sits quiet and mostly unnoticed (and I was someone who mined VTC as well).

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:18:06 AM

MicroCoin should be on this list, it was nFactor before Vertcoin, no premine, no instamine. Very active devs developing things for the community, yet it sits quiet and mostly unnoticed (and I was someone who mined VTC as well).

marketcap he said guys.. read Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
ppnew990

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:20:05 AM

thanks for the list.
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:34:54 AM

#9 Primecoin - Bitcoin's sha256 brother, mined for proxy Bitcoin buying by ASIC, nothing to look at.  I cannot mine it.

Bitcoin's sha256 brother?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primecoin

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:37:46 AM

#7 Quark - the most pre-mined top 10 of all times. somehow the community seems ok with it, and I have yet to understand that, I also say cash in before it is too late.

Community ok with it because it's wasn't pre-mined.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:42:20 AM

you are new to this?

+1

So of all the coins out there, you like Megacoin huh? Did you just come out from under a rock?
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:51:29 AM

lol. oh very mature respond, I am quite sure it is you that doesn't know shit.
I made over $150k USD in profit in bitcoin, I invite you to do better before commenting.

but looks like I was right to think this forum is full of people like you.

I also was right, about most people won't like to hear the cold hard truth of the top 15.

Lets see more people try to defend without facts next.

What are you? 10 years old. No one is impressed by these grandiose claims of riches and fame. If you want to earn respect, earn it. Your x amount of dollars you made proves nothing. Even Wolong made 250BTC the other day.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:55:27 AM

Summary, OP says every coin in the top 15 is a shitcoin and will fall.

The rise of Penguincoin to number 1 spot is coming
Xenopus

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:07:31 AM

#11 Infinitecoin - and endless coin with endless chance to depreciate, like dogecoin.

Infinitecoin is not a coin with an infinite number of coins. I know that's what the name makes it sound like to the uninformed, but no.

It has a hard limit of 90.6 billion coins, of which over 99% have already been issued. Its inflation rate is about 1% now, and will fall to nearly zero by the end of the year when the block rewards get small.

Saying it will endlessly depreciate "like dogecoin" suggests you know little about Infinitecoin apart from its name.

Also, what made you think it was a good idea to make childish boasts like this?

Just don't. Seriously.

BTC: 17mV6VCMnbYbrhJfsxCEZm9y3CL1qb6jFC
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: