Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:57:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto exchanges not helping Bitcoin!  (Read 1235 times)
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:07:54 PM

yes, your assumption is correct, exchange only facilitates us to provide crypto trading services. but at least every exchange has helped bitcoin to become more popular with the volume available in each exchange.

if public demand is higher, then bitcoin will create a good market and exchange that has a high bitcoin trade will have a good rate.

Blocktopian88

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:43:37 PM

Yeah. I believe exchanges are making bitcoin centralized.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:02:45 PM

With all of these new exchanges popping up here there and everywhere, i am seeing a very common theme and it's one i don't like AT ALL and i feel it gives bitcoin/crypto a bad reputation in general.

What am i talking about? Trading competitions! Where you can win XXX amount of whatever crypto for being the most active or hitting a certain limit. Don't get me wrong, i'm sure there are a few people out there who will do alright from these deals, but i imagine the vast majority end up losing in the short term or the long run.

For me, its targeting the wrong audience. It does absolutely nothing toward our hallowed "mass adoption" hopes, and its encouraging gambling all so that the said exchange can make a profit in fees!

Yet we wonder why the SEC are so reluctant to give crypto its blessing!  Roll Eyes

Whats your thoughts?

In my idea about the exchange, for me its helping bitcoin to increase though majority of them so far are more on investing on crypto/altcions because through traders who use different exchange platform the demand also increase especially when bullish comes up in an unexpected moment in the market. Now according to what you had stated no one I guess is pushing you to make trade in the platform either. Besides, you can stop at any moment if you don't want to lose your capital or coins you bought.
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:02:22 PM

Cryptocurrency exchanges stand out as businesses on their own so how does competition on these exchanges not help bitcoin? In my opinion, I don't see anything bad about competition because it a way of drawing traffic. Competition happens everywhere, even in the fiat currency space.
Meandros555

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:13:11 PM

i think exchanges are just as bad or even worst than banks.
1st they both rip you off..exchanges more so. (look at at % they charge for selling/buying or even moving funds out..(imagine what they would do if they had the power and means to loan money using smart contracts for example.
2nd exchanges get "hacked" and you lose all your money.
3rd sometimes they just refuse to give your coins back by pretending theres some sort of glitch and by not answering "support" emails etc
4th exchanges are that 3rd party that bitcoin was created to do away with in the first place...so the purpose is defeated.

ribowo76

Activity: 784

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 08:36:49 PM

In my opinion, that doesn't matter. Because, maybe it's one way for exchanges to promote. To attract interest in the people to do trading on their exchanges
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:00:30 PM

We are now moving to a world based on decentralized structure. Some exchanges may be doing wrong. But the market itself will decide. The market will somehow find its own balance.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:28:18 PM

I feel because of the lack of regulation in the cryptocurrency space, this give room for exchange to have a major impact on market trend without any for of control, I feel policy and regulation must be in place in order to put crypto exchange into check, else the abuse will continue and this will discourage more investors.
Micerker

Activity: 593
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 09:42:30 PM

If you choose BTC / ALT trading pairs or want to own any Altcoins, then you need to hold Bitcoin to be able to purchase any Altcoin you like. Implementing these exchanges will increase the real transfer of Bitcoin, so it has a positive effect on it.

krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1330
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:43:42 PM

These techniques are being used in all business by different providers. I can thus say that this tested technique will keep being used by exchanges as long as it gives them fruitful results.

Signature available for rent
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:39:11 AM

I think competition held by exchange with cooperation with token. They just want to increasing transaction volume and i dont think its affecting on bitcoin price. Its just marketing technic
VanityWallets2015

Activity: 1498
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:32:53 PM

With all of these new exchanges popping up here there and everywhere, i am seeing a very common theme and it's one i don't like AT ALL and i feel it gives bitcoin/crypto a bad reputation in general.

What am i talking about? Trading competitions! Where you can win XXX amount of whatever crypto for being the most active or hitting a certain limit. Don't get me wrong, i'm sure there are a few people out there who will do alright from these deals, but i imagine the vast majority end up losing in the short term or the long run.

For me, its targeting the wrong audience. It does absolutely nothing toward our hallowed "mass adoption" hopes, and its encouraging gambling all so that the said exchange can make a profit in fees!

Yet we wonder why the SEC are so reluctant to give crypto its blessing!  Roll Eyes

Whats your thoughts?
Bitcoin is very huge and potentiating crypto currency but on the contrary bitcoin is also decentralised crypto currency and thus does not have any proper authentic regulating body and this is the most probable reason why most of the countries are in against of bitcoin and countries including India has illegalised bitcoin in their nation and because of this illegalisation, using those exchanges for transacting bitcoin is now illegal in those countries who has ban banned bitcoin from their nation but still owning bitcoin is not illegal.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:40:58 PM

Whats your thoughts?
Cryptocurrency exchanges are integral part of  the world of cryptocurrency,  exchange sites play a crucial role in  the successful functioning of the various assets or tokens used. The exchanges are really helping to bring competition so most exchanges can do their best for crypto enthusiasts.
Wingleness

Activity: 458
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:47:03 PM

Whats your thoughts?

Each and every new business need some form of advertisement to show case the business to the world, thus it's exactly what the owners of new exchanges are into. They offer such contests and free give aways in order to drive traffic to their exchanges.
Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:07:33 AM

Whats your thoughts?

Some exchange competitions are running not healthy, for example the participants must spam the network to send tokens in many transactions.
This is surely can causing network congestion, ETH gas price was increasing so much when the competition running.
For now, i guess creating more exchanges will make crypto worse, just wait for the market to be in a good condition first.
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:43:37 AM

The marketing strategy by holding a trading contest is also good, although it is wrong to do targeting users, but at least with the competition, the related exchanger will get a reputation that might be better and better. And when it is above, it may be equivalent to Binance or Bittrex, he will greatly influence cryptocurrency

aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:49:07 PM

Whats your thoughts?
If you do not feel comfortable participating in those competitions then don't do it, it is as simple as that, no one is forcing a single trader to participate in those events, also it is obvious that those competitions exist because there is an interest of the community in those events, because if that was not the case those competitions would have disappeared already.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:52:40 PM

A lot of these new exchanges are giving new crypto users a bad experience.  They are freezing accounts, holding funds, not being able to handle sign ups, etc.  We already have too many exchanges as it is.  It seems as though a new exchange opens every single day and often by shady individuals.  Just look at how many exchanges got "hacked" the past two years.
Bountyhonter

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 10:26:09 PM

I don't see how trading competitions is giving a bad name to Bitcoin or cryptocurrency, trading competitions is a normal thing, many business hosts competition for their customers to attract more customers.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:38:21 PM

A lot of these new exchanges are giving new crypto users a bad experience.  They are freezing accounts, holding funds, not being able to handle sign ups, etc.  We already have too many exchanges as it is.  It seems as though a new exchange opens every single day and often by shady individuals.  Just look at how many exchanges got "hacked" the past two years.

Yes, if it is like that then it seems like a new exchange will only have a bad impact on bitcoin because many people who lose their money there, with such high concern will make many people see bitcoin exchanges not safe. But for those who have been struggling in this industry for a long time, I am sure they are not too affected by such events.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀