Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Old Coins  (Read 511 times)
basty03

Activity: 304
Merit: 10

0x1b2d294ab6ca449e34F946B86540cd342cF49100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:53:29 PM

There are plenty of opportunities in Crypto.  Don't get distracted by all the new coins with fancy use-cases and ICO this and Whitepaper that.  If you are relatively new to Crypto I would suggest looking at some of the older coins and see how they have done over the years.

Feathercoin - Fast transactions, the algorithm has changed from Scrypt to Neoscrypt to make it GPU-friendly.
 Unobtanium - Very rare, merge mined with BTC.
 Peercoin - Pretty sure this coin was the first staking coin.
 Terracoin - Another staking coin, now with masternodes. 

Each one of these coins is still around and active.  Don't be caught up in the hype of new coins without looking at some of the old coins.

Yes old ones is better than to new because old coins is more proven to new one but we beed to try it so we can know if this coin will have a good future and sometimes it's depending on demand in the crypto market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asadovski

Activity: 202
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 06:22:22 PM

The oldest cryptocurrency is bitcoin, litecoin, Ethereum. But I want them to have already found worthy competitors
lksufrr

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:48:49 PM

I think that the 'age' of coin is ot so important here. Everything depends on its characteristics and ability for surviving so I think that even BTC is quite good coin.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:50:50 PM

These coins are likely to be dead, they might be better than the new ones but they are almost forgotten.

Vires in Numeris
billknight

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:52:54 PM

I bought some terracoin because I believe the price will go up again, and I also recommend you to buy Ripple, because Ripple is one of the best coins for long term investment
I do not think you're right. Most investors hate ripple, and they will never invest in ripple. I think the community does not support the ripple because ripple has a not good development team
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:59:46 PM

There are plenty of opportunities in Crypto.  Don't get distracted by all the new coins with fancy use-cases and ICO this and Whitepaper that.  If you are relatively new to Crypto I would suggest looking at some of the older coins and see how they have done over the years.

Feathercoin - Fast transactions, the algorithm has changed from Scrypt to Neoscrypt to make it GPU-friendly.

Each one of these coins is still around and active.  Don't be caught up in the hype of new coins without looking at some of the old coins.

I don't have any particular view on the coins you've mentioned, but I definitely agree with the general sentiment. It is always easy to just follow the trends and the latest 'hot' coins - but if you are buying into something that is already heavily hyped, then you are always paying a big premium. Crypto investing is not just about which coin to buy, it is also important to consider when to buy.
citydragoon

Activity: 173

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:11:49 AM

Old coins are not so significant now, I think that current real coins will be 'old' one day too, but everything including their future depends on their stability.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:19:24 AM

But markets are always willing to follow hot spots.
So I want to invest in some new coin and maybe there's more room for appreciation.

Somehow, investors like us wanted to explore new coins rather than old coins. The more the new coins is popular, the price will surely rides up which makes some investors choose the new one.
zhaoyazhi

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:21:45 AM

Very good, some old cryptocurrencies, which have been technically reformed, may bring us something new.
Deripasca

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

I agree with you these new coin just going through hype stage and that is it. And coin that you've listed is actually really good
bchdfsy

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:09:24 PM

yes there is treasure deep under the surface of new coins and shit-coins. if you dig this ground you will find a gold chest with coins like these.
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:06:48 PM

It is one thing that a lot of people don't know, they are always caught up with the hype that is following all of the new coins that they are forgetting to look at the market and the old coins which are really good to invest in. There are countless old coins out there that are doing very well and only people smart enough to look back make a good amount of money from these coins

terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:08:12 PM

I think that this does not even need to be said, because I think that you understand the market and you know that old projects will definitely be a success as it used to be, because projects are in great demand today.

ambeo

Activity: 210

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:49:29 PM

wonderful summary. i think it is ok that we witness so many new alts today, but it's like with new friends - you should be slow in these matters,whres with old friends you can easily be vulnerable

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: