Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:50:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Old Coins  (Read 514 times)
Agozyen (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:10:19 AM

There are plenty of opportunities in Crypto.  Don't get distracted by all the new coins with fancy use-cases and ICO this and Whitepaper that.  If you are relatively new to Crypto I would suggest looking at some of the older coins and see how they have done over the years.

Feathercoin - Fast transactions, the algorithm has changed from Scrypt to Neoscrypt to make it GPU-friendly.
 Unobtanium - Very rare, merge mined with BTC.
 Peercoin - Pretty sure this coin was the first staking coin.
 Terracoin - Another staking coin, now with masternodes. 

Each one of these coins is still around and active.  Don't be caught up in the hype of new coins without looking at some of the old coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:14:36 AM

But markets are always willing to follow hot spots.
So I want to invest in some new coin and maybe there's more room for appreciation.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
N-gen

Activity: 289

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:18:57 AM

I bought some terracoin because I believe the price will go up again, and I also recommend you to buy Ripple, because Ripple is one of the best coins for long term investment
Agozyen (OP)

Until the end

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:25:37 AM

So I want to invest in some new coin and maybe there's more room for appreciation.

And when the hot spot burns out you are left with the ashes of what has burned.  The coins that are left behind are the good ones. 
Ziaderi33

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:48:21 AM

There are plenty of opportunities in Crypto.  Don't get distracted by all the new coins with fancy use-cases and ICO this and Whitepaper that.  If you are relatively new to Crypto I would suggest looking at some of the older coins and see how they have done over the years.

Feathercoin - Fast transactions, the algorithm has changed from Scrypt to Neoscrypt to make it GPU-friendly.

Each one of these coins is still around and active.  Don't be caught up in the hype of new coins without looking at some of the old coins.

my opinion is also so, we must be careful in buying crypto for investment, if not careful we will lose, you can see the coins that have been famous for the buy, I think so

NEIRONIX | SECURITY FROM CRYPTO & ICO SCAM
Token Sale starts on September 1
https://tokensale.neironix.io
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:51:22 AM

I might think that you are forgetting to mention html coin. The majority of them have no demand at all. It's so sad to see that. People are still feeling more comfortable to betting on the new platform because they can generate a lot of money instantly.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Agozyen (OP)

Until the end

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:26:16 PM

I might think that you are forgetting to mention html coin. The majority of them have no demand at all. It's so sad to see that. People are still feeling more comfortable to betting on the new platform because they can generate a lot of money instantly.

I agree, which is why I posted this.  I think there is too much emphasis on making a quick buck.  If you take a long term approach you can mitigate risk. 
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 12:40:23 PM

It's getting tough for mineable coins to get along with the new generation coins with faster and cheaper transactions. Bitcoin is leading but many of it's old competitors are lagging behind. I don't see any reasons for old coins like litecoin, dogecoin, peer, prime or feather or the ones you mentioned have a better rise than bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:07:30 PM

Right now in crypto everything is going super fast, people has very short attention span and don't really care about project fundamentals, team or development - they just jump from one new coin to another chasing quick profits. I agree that some of those old projects are interesting, and passed the test of time. I would add a few coins also like MAID, Counterparty or GAME.
hassan2654

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:01:20 PM

there is no old coin or new coin issues there is plenty of opportunities are in cryptocurrency so you never know which one gets the better market, just because a coin is new and fancy it doesn't mean it has better facilities.
robertcross07

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:43:24 PM

I am fully agreed with you. I believe that crypto industry is not a small chapter. It is huge than our imagination.  To stay up to date and aware, we should be more calculative and judgemental to grab the right choice.
TwisterPipister

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:55:17 PM

A new coin is always a gamble, it can have huge volatility from the start, so people often forget about old coins and tokens in pursuit of gain.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:56:37 PM

Yeah. There are so many new coins released everyday in this world and it's the main reason why these old coins is often forgotten Smiley). But about Unobtanium, I still can see it regularly on Gainers and Losers board on Coinmarketcap and seem like it's the most active coins in your list Grin. At the moment, there are so many complainations about price of cryptocurrency and I think just because they forget about these old good coins Smiley)

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:45:46 PM

Peercoin, yeah the first staking coin as far as I can remember, but the price seems to be down over the years except for few highs and the price is not pegged at $1.xx. I guess everyone is really jumping the bandwagon of any hottest "technology' or project for pure profit and get out when they make a lot of money. They don't care how the project evolves throughout the years. If they see something new and the opportunity is there, then expect that everyone will make the dreaded excuse of pump-and-dump scheme.

there is no old coin or new coin issues there is plenty of opportunities are in cryptocurrency so you never know which one gets the better market, just because a coin is new and fancy it doesn't mean it has better facilities.

Correct, a lot of opportunity and everyone is taking advantage of it to make a lot of money. Most of the coins coming out are just a copy of previous one, but the original just die, and the new coins take over until another duplicate and similar coins appear and the cycle continues.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jamesbtcearn

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:58:21 PM

There are a lot of old coins in the bitcoin forum. Some are : 1. Feathercoin 2. Unobtanium 3. Peercoin 4. Terracoin.
zinson01

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 01:00:55 PM

I agree with the statement that a new investor should invest in the old coin rather than in new coins. There are now more than fifteen hundred coins that are doing business here but all of them are not good. Some are good and some are bad. So I suggest investing in old coin especially in bitcoin.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:25:22 PM

Old coins are certainly more reliable. because the trading volume is good, the price is stable.
already many holders of coins that may pump up the price of the coin. therefore I believe more in old coins than new coins
Warchief Mind

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:06:06 PM

Thanks for your advice. This will really help us in future.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:11:09 PM

Hype is the most viable thing in crypto for the past couple of years. There are some coins that can become some kind of revolution in future but nobody knows them because they got small cap during ICO and no hype. And it will be same for 1-2 years when people will buy ICO coins and sell them instantly on exchanges. So I don't know what is better - to support old projects or to gain profit during hype ICOs Sad

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:11:48 PM

Indeed. The crypto keeps changing at alarming rates and people tend to forget the oldies very fast. Thus no investment in them (active one) and no longer movements at all. This makes the investment kind of dead and we better move on from such projects if wanna be quick bucks maker. The crypto offers new opportunities (projects) on daily basis but we should be selective about them all the time. If not then just stick to the old one but be ready for the long term investment as they rarely spikes. Exception are the top coins because they already have off the chart investment going on.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 02:21:40 PM

Good idea for good old coins but we might not want to be stuck with outdated coins that have out performed its existence. We also want to join these new breed of latest projects with increasing blochchain functionalities. Thanks anyway for the recommendation.

weisner

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 02:34:08 PM

Old coins are the beginnings that bring other coins can appear, with old coins certainly will not forget it but for the current development, only a strong and prestigious new coin will be the talk of the moment.
btcmaster999

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:53:13 PM

Well, maybe that is your personal opinion. I look into the white paper and observe the price of a coin for sometimes and then decide to invest. Old or now doesn't matter to me.
BitCoinDream247

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:49:37 PM

Now i love to invest on terracoin because i feel in recent time this coins price will increase. You can also invest on bitcoin, ethereum and ripple also. Because these are the main coins of this market.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:40:40 PM

Old coins = old technologies that has no bright future. I think only new coins will replace old ones because have new ideas and technologies so they have more potental to make profits for investors.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:14:11 PM

hype of new coins are very risky but the profit is high. people always tend to follow what is hot and then some of them burned later.
xiwanfd

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:27:57 AM

A good coin is one that can survive only after it has settled over time. There are a lot of new COINS that are just some air that will disappear over time. So when we invest, we can look for some valuable old COINS.
placebo1977

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:32:36 AM

you make no money on these scamcoins, only a fool would invest. To make big money you only need to find coins that have big volume and exist only on 1 exchange

it is very easy
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:40:34 AM

This is the first time I have known these coins. I will learn about them. Thank you for sharing.
placebo1977

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:47:54 AM

you will make more on lambo or liza, plenty more
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:52:35 AM

I guess this coins is what your portfolio having thats why you are aiming from someone to back it uo since theres no good movement from this for long,but i support you because i know this coins and now upon checking the market value its fair enough to invested for all those who is looking for cheap coins to hold for long try these choices guys maybe in time this will pump,hope so
cryptohobbs7

Activity: 391

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:10:16 AM

The market of cryptocurrency is seeing a huge number of new coins emerging. Investors need to have a solid knowledge of the, market before investing. Checking the old coin and how they worked is one method of gaining knowledge. A lot can be predicted about a certain cryptocurrency by examining the old coins.
huanglui

Activity: 529
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:12:28 AM

Yes, I agree with you. This old coins have some important advantages over new projects: useful experience and loyal customers.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Telegram Twitter Facebook
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▄██████████▄          
            ████████████████         
          ████████████████████       
         ████████▀    ▀████████  
        ███████          ███████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ███████          ███████     
         ████████▄    ▄████████      
          ████████████████████       
            ████████████████         
              ▀██████████▀            

▄██████████▄          
            ████████████████         
          ████████████████████       
         ████████▀    ▀████████  
        ███████          ███████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ███████          ███████     
         ████████▄    ▄████████      
          ████████████████████       
            ████████████████         
              ▀██████████▀            

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Linked-In Reddit Medium
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:15:57 AM

As for me I bought coins and earned also in airdrops like a year ago and they are staking coins. After a year they are still staking and I am happy that the wallets are still working and all I am getting are mined coins and it has increased like 50% more than what I had before. Yes they are considered old now. But I can wait until these old coins will have value.
hydrococo

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:27:02 AM

It is true. The longer the age of these coins. It is not the good coins reflect that. At the very least, the coin just proved unable to survive. even many of the new coins instead of more potential. Like the EOS eg.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
gunhell16

Activity: 1694
Merit: 476

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:30:19 AM

I bought some terracoin because I believe the price will go up again, and I also recommend you to buy Ripple, because Ripple is one of the best coins for long term investment

Ripple is one of the best coins for long term investment

i will go on this one if they will have a large number of burning on their holdings.
Ripple is a long-term investment but i doubt on that as they are living in the market because of FUD.
I rather hold some NEM/XEM.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

skye0_0

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:34:50 AM

What are the ones worth buying?
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:37:42 AM

Yes mate, i also recommend new people at cryptocurrency to choose those old coins to invest in, because once you are new to crypto, many projects out their are available and you will get hard to choose because you are new to it. And if we have experience, we can have that freely to choose coins we bought
Qegarma

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:39:27 AM

One of my favourite old coin is cardano but cardano is long term coin. Ripple, Sia, Verge, Tron are so cheap now, I think this is the best time to enter in crypto market.
dotherightthing

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:41:35 AM

as someone who was around when all of the coins mentioned in the OP were launched, i can tell you something about each of these coins that is probably not known by most of the current coin community:

Peercoin - legit, this is the only coin in your list that has technical merit and real benefit to users. the guy who made it, i can't remember his name, he also made Primecoin. His coins are novel, but show a devotion to creating useful features instead of creating coins to pump and dump. the idea of staking, such a lasting accomplishment. If i were investing in old coins, this would be one of them.

Feathercoin - started out as a pump and dump scjeme, which was very common back in those "wild west days" of crypto. i'm surprised to know this coin is still alive, probably kept alive by the bagholders in hope they will one day ROI. no one truly believes in this coin, and it is completely unremarkable in every regard. the algorithm used is not a feature, its just a novelty, like other countless alts.

Unobtanium - was made by an employee of the University of Idaho, i think he was an IT guy. He made the original guide for creating altcoins, his username is shakezula. He's a really good dude, but this coin was created for no real reason other than a chance for the dev to mine lots of coins and then sell them for profit. knowing him, he probably still actively trades the coin and supports it. IIRC, its feature was scarcity, an idea which was directly ripped off from the ancient coin that preceded it, called Bitbars. i understand if you support this coin. scarcity is perhaps a good feature,and perhaps it could lend in making the market stable, since the quantity is low and grows very slowly.

Terracoin - is also an altcoin, but it was not made with the intention of scamming. I've had some squabbles with the dev in the past, but overall he's a good person. The coin has questionable use, but the guy who made it didn't do any shady stuff, was never a scammer, was always saw as someone of high ethical standards, and last i checked he was quite active in keeping the market alive for the coin. if you want to support this coin, its cool, but its novel. it didn't add any new features.
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:42:16 AM

I know very well and believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. This is surely your opinion and may be good enough for you but hopefully, it’s not an investment advice. White paper this, use cases that may be good for other ones. No hurt feelings here. What float your boat might sink someone else own

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
piebeyb
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1038

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 05:46:33 AM

You remind me what I have, I still hold it FTC and PPC, considering they are old altcoin that really have excellent development, I will see how much they value in the future

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:47:21 AM

although OP has a very good point here but i generally disagree with any kind of restriction where you just limit yourself to certain coins in this altcoin market. in my opinion every coin has an equal potential of rising because they all are subjects of pumps and nothing else.

this means you have to look for not-yet-pumped altcoins instead of sticking to some names and holding on tight while missing on all the profit that is taking place all around you.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:05:12 AM

Ripple is one of the best coins for long term investment

i will go on this one if they will have a large number of burning on their holdings.
Ripple is a long-term investment but i doubt on that as they are living in the market because of FUD.
I rather hold some NEM/XEM.
I agree with you. I know that Ripple has a bad reputation due to its relation with banks(centralized), but that does not mean that it is a bad investment in any sense whatsoever. Many investors have already earned tons of dollars by investing into this coin during the early stages which is why this coin is a great investment choice in my opinion. I am HODLING my stack of Ripple at the moment and am expecting it to rise rapidly during the next bull run.

kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:37:38 AM

I also want to suggest Vertcoin. It's old, but still very perspective. And it is very cheap now...
MichleDow

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:45:24 AM

I think that few people pay attention to these coins just because of their old-fashionedness. A small amount, without a hype, they are like a plankton in the market, like there is, but no one cares about them
pintudepan

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:59:35 AM

Information is very useful for beginners who want to join the current ICO program so many new coin that enliven the cryptocurrency market so much confused which one should be selected.
jeruk nipis

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:00:25 AM

When discussing the question of the age of the coins. Of course being the winner is bitcoin. I am very sure that this coin is bitcoin is best. Who was also already. But his future is also very nice. No wonder an awful lot that want this coin.
Leftneck

Activity: 476

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:01:32 AM

right, I also better invest to new altcoin only.
then hold in the long run. may benefit more.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Shyamnautiyal8

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:08:45 AM

I am fully agreed with you. I believe that crypto industry is not a small chapter. It is huge than our imagination.  To stay up to date and aware, we should be more calculative and judgemental to grab the right choice. You can uour coin when you fill a better price of your coin for get a big profit.
DwaneJacky

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:57:15 PM

the wiser option would be to invest in the coins which are already in the market from the start. given there are 1500 coins, it is hard to say which ones are good and which ones are bad. so if an investor, new or old wishers to invest, the better option would be to go for the old coins.
Anthony.p
Copper Member

Activity: 10

Co-founder of FlipHodl.com - ICO analyses

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 01:41:17 AM

To invest into well established coins is clearly not the best strategy when you want to make profits. Profits means risks.
But I have to admit that it's harder to see what coin may be promising today than 1 or 2 years ago.

Join FlipHodl on Telegram: https://t.me/FlipHodl
sammy2394

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:19:25 AM

As for me I bought coins and earned also in airdrops like a year ago and they are staking coins. After a year they are still staking and I am happy that the wallets are still working and all I am getting are mined coins and it has increased like 50% more than what I had before. Yes they are considered old now. But I can wait until these old coins will have value.
vova.andreyan.94

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:45:41 AM

Absolutely agree ... Sometimes you should not look at new coins, namely the old ones, because some have good potential!
EdwardClinton

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:32:35 AM

That's an interesting post. the above mentioned coins are some promising coins in the market. Let's see how they perform in the market.
Black Coffee

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:42:21 AM

Old coins are a great option for investment and I never doubt it. Among the few coins you say, I have held the feathercoin and other old coins like LTC, XMR, ETH and DOGE. My portfolio is filled with old coins and I will always fold them.
ngonco.giolua22

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:20:10 AM

Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:54:49 PM

Right these dazes in crypto each is communicated caretaker nonmotile, community has very small affliction glimmer and don't very conservation active project fundamentals
coinporch

Activity: 1036

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:59:43 PM

i remember a quote that said " Old is Gold "
so, i still believe if an old coin is good if the development still active my friend  Wink
but, i think its better if we open our mind to a new project with new features and tech with great team of course

commander11

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:49:13 PM

I presumed you a fan of staking coin, but the fact that most of the new coins brings innovation beyond old ones and beats even BTC and Ethereum in terms of Transaction-per-Second (TPS). The thing how can we improve if we don't let ourselves discover the new innovation of transferring value/entity efficiently. Crypto needs a better performance in terms of transaction in order to compete with Visa/Mastercard, if not, then there's no place to grow.
basty03

Activity: 304

0x1b2d294ab6ca449e34F946B86540cd342cF49100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:53:29 PM

Yes old ones is better than to new because old coins is more proven to new one but we beed to try it so we can know if this coin will have a good future and sometimes it's depending on demand in the crypto market.
asadovski

Activity: 202

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 06:22:22 PM

The oldest cryptocurrency is bitcoin, litecoin, Ethereum. But I want them to have already found worthy competitors
lksufrr

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:48:49 PM

I think that the 'age' of coin is ot so important here. Everything depends on its characteristics and ability for surviving so I think that even BTC is quite good coin.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:50:50 PM

These coins are likely to be dead, they might be better than the new ones but they are almost forgotten.

Vires in Numeris
billknight

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:52:54 PM

I do not think you're right. Most investors hate ripple, and they will never invest in ripple. I think the community does not support the ripple because ripple has a not good development team
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:59:46 PM

I don't have any particular view on the coins you've mentioned, but I definitely agree with the general sentiment. It is always easy to just follow the trends and the latest 'hot' coins - but if you are buying into something that is already heavily hyped, then you are always paying a big premium. Crypto investing is not just about which coin to buy, it is also important to consider when to buy.
citydragoon

Activity: 173

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:11:49 AM

Old coins are not so significant now, I think that current real coins will be 'old' one day too, but everything including their future depends on their stability.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:19:24 AM

Somehow, investors like us wanted to explore new coins rather than old coins. The more the new coins is popular, the price will surely rides up which makes some investors choose the new one.
zhaoyazhi

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:21:45 AM

Very good, some old cryptocurrencies, which have been technically reformed, may bring us something new.
Deripasca

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

I agree with you these new coin just going through hype stage and that is it. And coin that you've listed is actually really good
bchdfsy

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:09:24 PM

yes there is treasure deep under the surface of new coins and shit-coins. if you dig this ground you will find a gold chest with coins like these.
jpaul

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:06:48 PM

It is one thing that a lot of people don't know, they are always caught up with the hype that is following all of the new coins that they are forgetting to look at the market and the old coins which are really good to invest in. There are countless old coins out there that are doing very well and only people smart enough to look back make a good amount of money from these coins

terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:08:12 PM

I think that this does not even need to be said, because I think that you understand the market and you know that old projects will definitely be a success as it used to be, because projects are in great demand today.

ambeo

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:49:29 PM

wonderful summary. i think it is ok that we witness so many new alts today, but it's like with new friends - you should be slow in these matters,whres with old friends you can easily be vulnerable

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: