Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:41:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Worst Case Scenario for Bitcoin?  (Read 919 times)
rindayle

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:10:35 PM

In my opinion, the worst case scenario is a stable decrease in the value of the coin. At the same time, everyone will start to withdraw and the price will fall even faster. This can be avoided by what institutional investments are needed and bitcoin is done as the main means of payment for goods and services.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Renai0925

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:14:30 PM

Most probably worst case scenario for HODLers since trust in bitcoin will be far less as an investment. But for the utilization of bitcoin, it's a sign of normalizing the price range and possibly showing bitcoins potential as a payment system.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:14:49 PM

This is a known fact if the price goes up it will surely go down. What happens if the price of Bitcoin falls to $1000 in 2018, will this be considered as a Worst Case Scenario or something else?
This is not a case scenario or anything. But because of the increasing number of types of coins. Try to remember last year, prices rose near the end of 2017. I think it's impossible if Bitcoin drops to $ 1000 in 2018. I think there will be an increase of $ 20,000.
Nanot

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:16:08 PM

This is a known fact if the price goes up it will surely go down. What happens if the price of Bitcoin falls to $1000 in 2018, will this be considered as a Worst Case Scenario or something else?

Since we all know that bitcoin falls to its price nowadays in $6000 dollars each but aside from that we will look at the other side it also increases past years it reachest a million dollar so that we cannot say that its price was falling and falling maybe it has the possibility to increases again but when its turn into $1000 it was the worst price at all it causes brokedown of all but i believed that it wont happen.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
loyoung

Activity: 30
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:18:31 PM

Yes, I think if that happens, it will be the worst scenario for bitcoin. and if that happens, then those who always declare a bubble about bitcoin will applaud.
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:23:42 PM

I think the worst case scenario for bitcoin is that the price of it drops to zero because there are so many worker here that feel nervous and decided to quit working here because they thought that it will be gone.

hsyncl

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

The worst scenario is that I think it's like 2000 dollars. But even if I come to these numbers, I think that very soon there will be a rapid increase in prices. I hope we do not see much of those prices.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
Gary Joness

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:56:51 AM

When Bitcoin prices drop to $ 1,000, many investors will panic and sell Bitcoin, which will lead to lower Bitcoin prices and turbulent markets. But I think that will not happen. I think it's not the worst. Because when the price drops to $ 1000 just investors still trust Bitcoin its price will still increase. The worst thing is that Bitcoin prices will drop to 0, when it will be hard to raise prices again.
cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:10:06 AM

The worst case scenario in bitcoin for me is that the price of it drops to zero because we think that it will be the end of bitcoin. There are so many people that feel nervous and quit in bitcoin after the price of it drops to zero..........................
zedrickjuls

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:22:34 AM

Falling of bitcoin price down to $1000 is a worst scenario of bitcoin,and this will affect the investors to withraw their investments or people are no longer invest in bitcoin.But it is more worst if bitcoin will totally ban all over the world.

V I D D O   ♥ ♥  is a new fair revenue
distribution video platform  (https://viddo.io/)
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 02:46:02 AM

Community. Bitcoin has value because people use it, miners mine it and talk helps too. If there is no community Bitcoin will die.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 03:08:19 AM

Bitcoin is facing higher lows and lower highs for the past few days in case of prices, which is indicating a downward climb in the prices. It is for sure that the prices will drop but I don't really think it will drop to $1000. Even if it does, then that's gonna be one bad time for Bitcoin, but I know it will be able to overcome it sooner or later.
teklang01

Activity: 173
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:10:37 AM

The worst case scenario is when people don't value the bitcoin anymore and consider it as just a scam. All the hardwork of the creator and the miners will go to waste. Another is when the hackers stole a lot of bitcoin and don't use it but we all know that this is impossible to happen.
Mark Tabicas

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:34:20 AM

It's it not the price going down but the shock forcing the price down that is the worst. Depending on what the factors are, Bitcoin will be likely to bounce up or not. If all governments decide to ban Bitcoin, though it may be exchanged underground, it will definitely drastically drop and hardly recover. But if the cause for the drastic drop is the manipulation of the whales, then there is a likelihood that Bitcoin will gain its value.
Janet Tabicas

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:35:38 AM

If Bitcoin drops to under 1000$, we still can hope a recover by efforts of loyal investors. But if someone find a way to control 51% of its blockchain, Bitcoin will be under the control of that person. And they can destroy Bitcoin.
James Fleming

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:45:08 AM

Since Bitcoin is changing the way transactions happen, it is breaking the limitation and dependency which we have on Fiat currency currently.
 -First case can be a government ban over usage of Bitcoins.
 -Second case can be a crash of any huge bitcoin mining firm which may occur due to hacking or any other security lapse.
 -Third can be nonacceptance of Bitcoins from people who are not able to understand how it works.
When we deep think on how bitcoins work, we would know that it is a next generation technology, there is nobody who holds it, no authority who regulates it. The value is auto decided on the basis of demand and supply. Usage is a like a computer program sent from one wallet to another. This may create a “Who moved my Cheese” Scenario for financial authorities.
Edward Wilkins

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:55:48 AM

That a huge structural fallacy is found, that will make it crumble to zero because it will immediately become unusable. The most possible option in this scenario is quantum computing reaching a status where Bitcoin’s cryptography can be broken in acceptable time, like some days.
 That would definitely destroy Bitcoin… but it must be said that there are countermeasures ready for this scenario, like of course different cryptography methods or empowering the actual method (which wouldn’t require toooooo much work). But anyway, Bitcoin’s price would suffer an enormous impact of distrust, until the new cryptography system is implemented.
In any case, if this would happen, I would buy Bitcoins after the price reaches the low, this is sure.
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:59:50 AM

I think that we should expect only the best possible scenario for btc development. it will replace our current main currency and will become the main one in the market. To my mind, it is obvious

acsaocham22

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:05:06 AM

The worst case for Bitcoin is probably the rapid development of other coins, Bitcoin cannot keep up, so bitcoin prices cannot increase but continually decrease.
Mariahenry86

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:11:08 AM

Bitcoin will always stay stable and keep its top spot, none of the worst happens because bitcoin is a typical coin in Cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: