Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:40:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble Setting Up Avalon Mini 60GH/s Rig  (Read 869 times)
kervinmarketing (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:34:49 AM

Hi,

I recently aquired an Avalon Mini, and have run into some difficulty setting it up.

Here is what I am running and what I have done so far:

Any ideas why I would be getting a page not found error?
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:45:12 AM

The easiest way I have found to setup my Avalon was to just plug it into my router.  Then I logged into my router and saw which IP address it was.  Then I typed it in on my laptop and was in.
It seems every time I tried to set it up at first using the direct cable method it just did not work.
Try that out it may get you going easier.
I hope this helps you out.

Hi,

I recently aquired an Avalon Mini, and have run into some difficulty setting it up.

Here is what I am running and what I have done so far:

Any ideas why I would be getting a page not found error?

kervinmarketing (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Thank you ManeBjorn, I have successfully located the Avalon through the router and am at the login screen. The username is preloaded as root and the password I was provided doesn't work. Is there usually a default username password? I will check back with the seller to see if it was changed at all.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:17:45 PM

Try "password" also "admin" and "default".
They are usually what the manufacture passwords are.
I'm glad it helped you get there.  Once you get in enjoy it's fun.  Grin

Thank you ManeBjorn, I have successfully located the Avalon through the router and am at the login screen. The username is preloaded as root and the password I was provided doesn't work. Is there usually a default username password? I will check back with the seller to see if it was changed at all.

kervinmarketing (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:23:41 PM

I used the reset switch and now I'm online hashing at 39-40GH/s. Can you recommend any good documentation on tweaking the Mini to get that hashrate up?
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:40:13 PM

This thread is long but there is some good information in it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140539.0
One thing you can look for and this is at your own risk.
In the control panel go into cgminer configuration.  In there is usually a "Chip Frequency" box.  It is most likely set to default.  You can carefully choose the next step up reboot and run for a few hours and see how it goes.  It should increase your hash rate.  If not or you get lots of errors you might not have it cooled properly or it may need a larger PSU.
If it works well after 2 to 3 hours you can try the next setting up and repeat the process.
Make sure you have it in an area that is nice an cool so it does not overheat.
Not all of them can overclock though so keep that in mind.

I used the reset switch and now I'm online hashing at 39-40GH/s. Can you recommend any good documentation on tweaking the Mini to get that hashrate up?

kervinmarketing (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:26:51 PM

That worked well. Running at 375 frequency and played around with worker difficulty on the pool. It's pretty consistently around 55GH now +/-3.

The only problem left that I can't solve is wireless. I have it running on a LAN right now. When I go into network settings I can set up wifi and disable the LAN and it continues to hash along great. As soon as I power it down and move it to the intended location, it doesn't connect when I power it back up until plugged into the LAN again.

Any ideas on how to get it to connect via wifi only after rebooting?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: