Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:41:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How I became a Bitcoin Billionaire !  (Read 1487 times)
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:46:32 AM

How I became a BitCoin Billionaire.

It was very late in the year 2008.  A small little nowhere nothing town 30 miles outside of Pittsburgh, PA.  I was getting ready to move away in a few months, to pursue different career opportunities in L.A. .  It had taken 4 years to get to this point, of having what I thought at the time was enough money to go across the country with.  I was in my apartment alone in the evening.

Then I heard the knock on the door.  As crazy as it may sound, I opened it and saw a 5 year older version of myself standing there, with an envelope of some papers and a story that at the time seemed nearly insane.
The older me said “Dude, I know you are all ready to go to L.A., but you can go out there with a few grand in the bank, or you can go out there a billionaire.  There’s only one catch.  You have to stay here for five more years.”

So, to make a long story short, the older me told the younger me all about the concept of BitCoin.  What it was, the future it had, how and when it was going to get big, the biggest price highs and lows, when to buy and sell, and what computer hardware I’d need and when.   Bottom line, from when BitCoin began in early 2009, my goal was to amass a million BitCoins or more as fast as possible, by any means necessary.  Because a million BitCoins times $1000 per when the price surged in December 2013 equals a Billion for me!

So I took the cash I had saved and started buying computer equipment that would be good for CPU mining initially, while being expandable when GPU mining came out.  Multi-PCI-E slot motherboards, good power supplies, enough RAM for the job, Core 2 Quad CPUs (remember, this was late 2008), etc.

So I got started on it, and got the coins coming in.  I searched out the forums right from day 1 that mentioned BitCoin in any way.  I had 5 complete systems at home pimping out the BitCoin, and I started offering to buy BitCoin from people at 2000 BitCoin per US Dollar.  As time went on I had to increase my payout rate, but coins were coming in steadily, both from mining and purchasing. 

When GPU mining began, I was ready with Radeon 5970s to mine the coins fast and hard.  As the next couple years went on, I really hated having to stay at home while the BitCoins accumulated, and it was still a thing only computer geeks even knew about, but I had enough trust in my older self to let it ride, and build up.  As Bitcoin slowly gained popularity, I felt better about it.

When Bitcoin hit its peak of $31, I sold out and left the money in the bank for a few months, while continuing to mine, and when prices dipped under $3, I bought the Bitcoins all back and many more!  This was the first time I really had faith that it was all going to work out, after my older self had correctly predicted the price pop and dip.

I told a few friends about the concept of BitCoin, and they never really believed me, but I was able to talk them into running an extra PC or two to mine for me in the early days.  More coins is more coins!
When the April 2013 price pop happened, I sold some coins but not all of them, and I bought them back when the price dipped under $75 as couple months later. 

Then, in December when the price started bouncing over $1000, right on schedule, I started selling through multiple exchanges to multiple wallets and bank accounts, and the Winklevoss twins and other big time investors bought up the majority of my BitCoin for themselves.  Some of the deals were in cash so I avoided paying taxes on that money! Grin

So that’s how I became a BitCoin Billionaire, and now I can go out into the world and get things done for myself!  The five years of waiting and investing paid off!

If only it were true…

Why, oh why couldn’t I have had the foresight to capitalize on BitCoin right from the very start?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:49:39 AM

if only it were true  Cool

mikhael

Activity: 317
Merit: 317

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:31:38 AM

It would be great and very inspiring story only if were true. Good imaginative story by the way.  Smiley
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 06:55:17 AM

still not too late, just wait for 5more years..! just wanna know when you first heard about btc and when you first time started taking it seriously .? i hope after five years If only it were true will change to TRUE STORY

Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:44:14 AM

that story is a true story for a few of individuals... im not one of them... Sad

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
duhosnyul

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:54:51 AM

But do you able to travel to the past? You need to be a multi billionaire to create a time machine.

I'm also dreaming of traveling to the past. Not 4 years ago but I like to travel 2000 years ago. I will bring an army of 1000 with new hi tech weaponry and new technologies and I will conquer the world. I like to be the first emperor of united earth.  Smiley

Energycoin. eD5Kv8NxNAgge58bbyJfZpANDDJg2G7uid
Freebiescoin- Free Distribution
FCsxVbuZzEekqY9q9voNZHps7fnqndRfuF
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:16:38 AM

But do you able to travel to the past? You need to be a multi billionaire to create a time machine.

Money can't buy you time machine. Only weed can.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:19:17 AM

nice man but I'm mad, the older you could have of visited me too Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: