Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:51:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is DEEPBIT going to offer "merged mining " ?  (Read 2980 times)
finway (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 07:09:47 AM

Tycho.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 10:38:26 AM

This really sucks for the Deepbit miners...
They are now missing out on the low difficulty (23k)...

It will never be this low again...

http://www.bitcoin.cz and some smaller pools offer "merged mining" so I would say: hop over to make a statement.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 11:43:38 AM

Can't you just switch to a pool that offer merged mining?

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 12:37:58 PM

http://www.bitcoin.cz and some smaller pools offer "merged mining" so I would say: hop over to make a statement.

yeppers and unlike bitcoin.cz some pools even have the nmc part of it working correctly. i.e. www.nmcbit.com   ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
sadpandatech

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 10:46:50 PM

yeppers and unlike bitcoin.cz some pools even have the nmc part of it working correctly. i.e. www.nmcbit.com   ;p
From what I have tried of them which is everyone of them all but the one already mentioned here and the simplecoin have no problems making payouts of your coins.

whatcha talkin bout. Willis?

I have mined all of them as well. .cz has 0 payout for nmc thus far. And I have not been on simple since nmc so can't speak for there. But for nmcbit.com I can and they have best nmc/btc reporting and lowest stales for me. Payout for NMC and BTC work just fine. Also, just added is option to convert directly from nmc to btc with the click of a button on your user dashboard......

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

sadpandatech

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 01:22:48 AM

From what I have tried of them which is everyone of them all but the one already mentioned here and the simplecoin have no problems making payouts of your coins.

I have mined all of them as well. .cz has 0 payout for nmc thus far. And I have not been on simple since nmc so can't speak for there. But for nmcbit.com I can and they have best nmc/btc reporting and lowest stales for me. Payout for NMC and BTC work just fine. Also, just added is option to convert directly from nmc to btc with the click of a button on your user dashboard......

What I am talking about is the slush pool was quick to underhandedly do NMC and has thus far not got off their ass to payout them coins which should be great for the market when them 80k+ coins flood the exchange, the simplecoin well I have had NMC unconfirmed for the past 4 days sitting there rotting.

Yea, rock on. I agree. I thought you were suggesting the opposie was true.

Still best one imho so far is nmcbit. ;p

- GA

Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 02:28:41 AM

What I am talking about is the slush pool was quick to underhandedly do NMC and has thus far not got off their ass to payout them coins which should be great for the market when them 80k+ coins flood the exchange, the simplecoin well I have had NMC unconfirmed for the past 4 days sitting there rotting.

Yea, rock on. I agree. I thought you were suggesting the opposie was true.

Deepbit fees with namecoins.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:18:39 AM

Yes would tend to agree had little problem with the payout there at the start reported it and the operator was quick to respond and correct the situation also was pretty good experience at the https://www.masterpool.eu/ as well.

But it takes forever to get BTC confirmed @ Masterpool,NMC is very quick though.

I started minig there at the very moment merged started & just today got BTC confirmed.

For some reason I can't bet NMCbit to work,registered,setup GUIminer & no connect Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 09:41:39 AM

nmcbit work very well for me

it's easy to setup it in guiminer, put nmcbit.com as host and then create a worker and use the data you put into it for worker and password.

sadpandatech

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 02:23:52 PM

For some reason I can't bet NMCbit to work,registered,setup GUIminer & no connect Huh

From your dashboard page on NMCbit make sure you copy the entire worker name for the username in GUIminer. It prepends that whole generated email_43576245y345 to it. ;p

If you change the username part before you create your workers, i.e make it short like 'me' then the workers will be  'menameofworker'  host nmcbit.com port 8332 of course after that.

Just in case, which miner are you using, i.e phoenix, pocblm, etc?  I assume you have atleast the Aug 24th release of guiminer that supports LP and Ntime also right?

- GA

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 03:02:47 PM

nmcbit work very well for me

it's easy to setup it in guiminer, put nmcbit.com as host and then create a worker and use the data you put into it for worker and password.

Thanx, I set up an account over there and use Slush as a back-up pool in cgminer.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:49:06 PM

Maybe they already are.
sadpandatech

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:52:52 PM

Maybe they already are.

*puts on his gold, foil hat*  probably a few of them that are and their reasoning for not informing will be, "I wanted to make sure it all worked properly first, blah, blah" 10k blocks later......

- GA

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 05:19:21 PM

Maybe they already are.

Could be.
Would be very "smart" during this low difficulty.
And when it goes up, they suddenly come with "merged mining".
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 10:11:13 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2011, 10:26:25 PM by Unacceptable

From your dashboard page on NMCbit make sure you copy the entire worker name for the username in GUIminer. It prepends that whole generated email_43576245y345 to it. ;p

If you change the username part before you create your workers, i.e make it short like 'me' then the workers will be  'menameofworker'  host nmcbit.com port 8332 of course after that.

Just in case, which miner are you using, i.e phoenix, pocblm, etc?  I assume you have atleast the Aug 24th release of guiminer that supports LP and Ntime also right?

Thanks for the help!!

I use GUIminer 7/01/2011,it gets better mhashes than the 8/24 for some reason & cause its easy for a dolt like me Grin

Ok,since I last logged on to nmcbit the account page has been redone & I can now get my miner working Grin

On the old account page the username was very confusing,it was very long & had http/ in there & I had tried using that to no avail.He has since simplified it ( for software dummies like me I guess Grin) & I can now mine  Wink

I can build some of fastest gameing computers on the planet...but can't fiqure out most software stuff,go figure Embarrassed

So no news on Deepbit offering MM Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
sadpandatech

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 12:14:36 AM

Just in case, which miner are you using, i.e phoenix, pocblm, etc?  I assume you have atleast the Aug 24th release of guiminer that supports LP and Ntime also right?

Thanks for the help!!

I use GUIminer 7/01/2011,it gets better mhashes than the 8/24 for some reason & cause its easy for a dolt like me Grin

Ok,since I last logged on to nmcbit the account page has been redone & I can now get my miner working Grin

On the old account page the username was very confusing,it was very long & had http/ in there & I had tried using that to no avail.He has since simplified it ( for software dummies like me I guess Grin) & I can now mine  Wink

I can build some of fastest gameing computers on the planet...but can't fiqure out most software stuff,go figure Embarrassed

So no news on Deepbit offering MM Huh

Glad to hear you got it working, m8. Fortunately for me, he had already made the improvents to the user interface when I joined up or I may have been in the same boat. It took me a minute even then to figure out that if I made workers before I created a nice, short username that the already made workers would still use the original longer name unless they were deleted and remade after putting the shorter name in place. ;p

Nothing that I have read yet on Deep going for MM. With as much total hash power there and how quickly people would be submitting the 'combined; getworks for BTC/NMC it may be something that would require a LOT more work and more server power in order to function on his pool.  Without him commenting on it though, that is just one speculation.

- GA

d.james

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 12pqwk

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 04:21:00 PM

ya merged mining would be nice, the extra 2-3% should be able to cover the pool fees.

You can not roll a BitCoin, but you can rollback some. Cheesy
Roll me back: 1NxMkvbYn8o7kKCWPsnWR4FDvH7L9TJqGG
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 05:53:59 PM

ya merged mining would be nice, the extra 2-3% should be able to cover the pool fees.

2-3%? not sure where you got that number, currently its around an extra 37% if you exchange the NMC for BTC immediately.

Looks like Deepbit has lost around a 1TH/s from people going to merged mining pools. or people turning off miners in general due to the shitty price of BTC atm.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
sadpandatech

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 06:12:52 PM

Looks like Deepbit has lost around a 1TH/s from people going to merged mining pools. or people turning off miners in general due to the shitty price of BTC atm.

pretty sure this; 
Average shares per block: 1668282 (+13.6%)
Average in last 24 hours: 2039335 (+38.9%)
 has much more to do with deep's current lower hashrate than people jumping ship strictly for merged mining.

And, while getting NMC with your BTC on a smaller pool, if you were usually mining there would be the ~35% bonus, it would be no where near the same % incrase over the lack of usual variance from mining at a HUGE pool like Deepbit. Save, for the current situation of horrible luck.

- GA

finway (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 03:47:30 AM

DEEPBIT is slow or something else ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: