Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:14:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][INK] INKcoin - Launched! SHAvite-3 Hash, NO PRE-M! CPU minable  (Read 50516 times)
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:34:45 AM

The diff is way too high and there are just 2 users active on the pool right now. I'm mining also, but I don't even have a change for a share... Either all the power is on the other pool (unlikely) or there are some very powerful solominer(s) that are taking almost every block

the user that hit the block 17 hrs ago had 10 times your hashpower... that is why I said we need users on the pools. It is PPLNS (ink.plasr.com is, I think cryptowins.com was also) so when one hits a block everyone that had shares will get "a share" of the reward.

But the diff is way too high unless we're together. 1024 on just a couple of days... insane I'd say...

what I don't get is... I have 2 quad core machines solo mining with the QT and in the past 12 hours managed to find 3  blocks.. granted that was earlier in the day. but that pool had easily more than 20 times my power before I joined it with additional power and hadn't found a bock in 17 hours. so either i must be really lucky or that pool is really unlucky... or there is something wrong with the pool.

yesterday I had a similar issue.. one of my computers was finding blocks but the other one wasn't.. so I reset the broken one by copying over the peers.dat file and it started finding blocks again.. so clearly one of my computers was on the wrong end of the fork.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
turint

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:49:19 AM

what I don't get is... I have 2 quad core machines solo mining with the QT and in the past 12 hours managed to find 3  blocks.. granted that was earlier in the day. but that pool had easily more than 20 times my power before I joined it with additional power and hadn't found a bock in 17 hours. so either i must be really lucky or that pool is really unlucky... or there is something wrong with the pool.

yesterday I had a similar issue.. one of my computers was finding blocks but the other one wasn't.. so I reset the broken one by copying over the peers.dat file and it started finding blocks again.. so clearly one of my computers was on the wrong end of the fork.

I'm not arguing, but the pool ink.plasr.com was not operational almost the whole day yesterday, I was fixing things. Before that for a short period of time lot of people came, but there was no miner available so no real job was done and I shut the pool of (and I wrote here it won't work until there is a fix).

After the downtime, yesterday late afternoon GMT the pool was up and I wrote here. One miner hit a block, but the diff was already high and he had lots of power. So I guess it is normal. In fact, if there is no interest and people with more hashrate don't come soon to the pool, it's useless and just a waster of energy to mine. I'll stop myself. you have a higher chance of hiting a block now, but unless people join in, soon mining this coin (or more like trying to mine it) will be really useless.

P.S.: I just checked and the pool is synced, the last block as of this writing is 76397 and it's easy to check here: http://ink.plasr.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

DigitalOcean -- cheap and reliable hosting | Free Faucet -- LTC, DOGE, XDC every hour
Alphi

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:58:12 AM

I'm not arguing, but the pool ink.plasr.com was not operational almost the whole day yesterday, I was fixing things. Before that for a short period of time lot of people came, but there was no miner available so no real job was done and I shut the pool of (and I wrote here it won't work until there is a fix).

After the downtime, yesterday late afternoon GMT the pool was up and I wrote here. One miner hit a block, but the diff was already high and he had lots of power. So I guess it is normal. In fact, if there is no interest and people with more hashrate don't come soon to the pool, it's useless and just a waster of energy to mine. I'll stop myself. you have a higher chance of hiting a block now, but unless people join in, soon mining this coin (or more like trying to mine it) will be really useless.

i think you might have missed my point.. i'm not complaining about the pools payout as much as I am trying to figure out whats going on...to put it more clearly i'm suggesting that your pool might be on the wrong fork. anyways I might set my own pool up later tonight and see if I can test that theory.

thinking more about this issue.. it doesn't make sense to me how there could be a fork without a change in the source code... unless.... someone with enough hashing power (maybe a hidden pool with 51%) deliberately or accidentally forked the chain...

EDIT.... and boom while i was just talking typing I found another block with my quad-core laptop solo mining.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
turint

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:03:57 AM

Hm... you got me thinking... that is really strange. OK, I'll do a rescan now.

DigitalOcean -- cheap and reliable hosting | Free Faucet -- LTC, DOGE, XDC every hour
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:08:35 AM

this coin is DEAD!
Alphi

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:09:25 AM

if you want some help testing it post your INK address and ill send you some INK then you can send it to the pool and see if it goes through ok.. if the money can move across fine without any dramas then we all should be on the same fork.

Cloudpost

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:01:27 AM

this coin is DEAD!

What's the matter with you? Stop trolling  Smiley People mine and trade this coin, dev is here, it's not dead.

Name the reasons why this coin is bad and you hate it exept the stupid diff retarget (that made a very fast mining possible in the beginning) and failes solomining (you know, a lot of ppl get angry when they try to solomine for the 1st time and they learn how mining works, what is orphan etc  Grin)

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
turint

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:07:09 AM

if you want some help testing it post your INK address and ill send you some INK then you can send it to the pool and see if it goes through ok.. if the money can move across fine without any dramas then we all should be on the same fork.

OK rescaned it all and looks ok...

{
    "blocks" : 76769,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 1024.00000000,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : 1492842693,
    "pooledtx" : 1,
    "testnet" : false
}

If you like, send me ink to 1LXwfTDQXt7P9eYQ6cvgiPGthwkq5GDe4j -- I'll rescan there locally too, then send it to the pool and from the pool back to you. Hope it will show all is ok...

Alphi

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:10:52 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 10:27:22 AM by Alphi

sent...tx e7a3abb656ef2a9718b35e820f505dd082e73d6c648cc16e3c6ad019cfbd36d4

lets see how it goes.

don't worry about sending it back.. I'm happy just having reliable pools to point my miners at...

EDIT: anything we can do to help make it easier for people to adopt this coin benefits all of us..

tabnk

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:44:01 AM

Giveaway will be nice  Grin

lets see how it goes.

don't worry about sending it back.. I'm happy just having reliable pools to point my miners at...

EDIT: anything we can do to help make it easier for people to adopt this coin benefits all of us..

tabnk

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:44:42 AM

Smiley Smiley Smiley

{
"blocks" : 77278,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1024.00000000,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 1003662,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:16:11 PM

Does the external miner work any faster than the built in one?
turint

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:30:08 PM

lets see how it goes.

Well, we seem to be on the same chain. I received locally, sent to the pool and received there too.

So the reason should be the extreme high (for a new coin) difficulty.

turint

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:40:19 PM

Giveaway will be nice  Grin

I'll think of and announce later today (hopefully today when I find time) prizes for the first ones to join the pool and catch a block.
There is no offical statement about pools, no bounties for such, so I guess the dev is OK with solomining at the moment. Anyway I'll think of some way to attract more miners to the pool -- otherwise, like I said, it's useless to have a pool that doesn't have the power to hit a block when diff is 1024 and rising...

inktech (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:41:21 PM

lets see how it goes.

Well, we seem to be on the same chain. I received locally, sent to the pool and received there too.

10080 Block
Alphi

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:50:45 PM

lets see how it goes.

yeah difficulty may end up killing the coin.. either that or the price will skyrocket.
the only other thing I noticed is that the ink.plasr pool current block seems to be about 10 blocks behind my client.
I don't know how accurately MPOS reports the current block number but if the daemon isn't up to date it will generate nothing but orphans.
I'm going to try setting up MPOS now and see if I can't pinpoint the issue.

turint

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:57:37 PM

10080 Block

I see what you mean, I meant that people obviously expect (and that's normal, I expected it also) to solomine it easily since it is just how much, two days old? Three days old?

I know the reason is in the design and the current diff is sth you expected. It's just that most of us didn't. and if we don't gather up in pools, it's useless to continue. I took a look at the graphs of the other pool and AFAICT there has been also only one block of 50 INK that has been paid. I might be wrong, p2pool stats are always hard for me to get, but I see only one block. In my pool has been also only one. All the others, are they from solomining? 1.5 GH/s network rate, where does this come from?

I'm not asking, really and not blaming anyone for solomining. It is just that it looks strange -- the coin was easy to mine and it was logical to attract smaller miners in the beginning. Instead it seems to had attracted bigger miners. Once again, it may be pretty normal etc... but it is just strange Smiley

turint

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:05:46 PM

the only other thing I noticed is that the ink.plasr pool current block seems to be about 10 blocks behind my client.
I don't know how accurately MPOS reports the current block number but if the daemon isn't up to date it will generate nothing but orphans.
I'm going to try setting up MPOS now and see if I can't pinpoint the issue.

I see it too, yes. It is not MPOS, it's from the daemon itself

It was 10-12 blocks behind and then as I've been writing this it synced.

I'm watching them on adjacent terminals now, with `watch -n 3 inkcoind getinfo`  and they are the same

inktech (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:07:07 PM

10080 Block

I see what you mean, I meant that people obviously expect (and that's normal, I expected it also) to solomine it easily since it is just how much, two days old? Three days old?

I know the reason is in the design and the current diff is sth you expected. It's just that most of us didn't. and if we don't gather up in pools, it's useless to continue. I took a look at the graphs of the other pool and AFAICT there has been also only one block of 50 INK that has been paid. I might be wrong, p2pool stats are always hard for me to get, but I see only one block. In my pool has been also only one. All the others, are they from solomining? 1.5 GH/s network rate, where does this come from?

I'm not asking, really and not blaming anyone for solomining. It is just that it looks strange -- the coin was easy to mine and it was logical to attract smaller miners in the beginning. Instead it seems to had attracted bigger miners. Once again, it may be pretty normal etc... but it is just strange Smiley

I have add your pools on my thread. and the current difficulty is still suitable for SOLOMINE.
turint

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:17:36 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 10:32:12 AM by turint

OK let's shake this up Smiley

I offer a prize for the top 10 shares contributors for the next block that is found on http://ink.plasr.com

#1: 30 INK
#2: 20 INK
#3: 10 INK
#4: 8 INK
#5: 7 INK
#6: 5 INK
#7: 5 INK
#8: 5 INK
#9: 5 INK
#10: 5 INK

total 100 INK (I know it's not much but hey)

If I hapen to be in this list, I'll give away my prize to the people in places 6-10.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: