Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:18:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paid Posting in BCT  (Read 254 times)
Jrashid (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 26

Need Forum Moderator?? PM me.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 08:42:14 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 08:02:46 PM by Jrashid

This is not new actually. I have seen a couple of threads on this matter. It's really weird. Someone is paying bucks for posting. Why do you need to pay people for posting if you offer something creative, innovative?

I was trying to find out some good bounties (I prefer to do only blog/video campaign). This cloudbric ICO is offering double payment on each bounty if you post in the ANN thread. Most of the campaign asked like this one but they offered 2x rewards for a comment. Here is the quotation-
Double your bounty! For 2X the rewards above, write a confirmation of campaign participation as a post in the Cloudbric bounty thread using the following format:

Code:
#Campaign 1: Blog and Article Posts
Bitcointalk Profile URL: <Bitcointalk profile URL>
Telegram ID: <@username>
Link to Content URL: <Article URL>

Is there any rule for this kind of shitty paid bumping?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:45:32 AM

I am not sure if this will be considered as giveaway. Giveaway threads are not allowed basically.
posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned.

And talking about paid posting... Have a look on this topic:
Archive
User zainhaider just created a topic claiming s/he will do the following...

I will create bitcointalk accounts for you

Junior Member Account with 30+ activities and posts

Account with 70+ activities and posts

Account with 120+ activities and posts

✓ I will create a real and verified account for you
 ✓ Provide you email and password of bitcointalk account and associated account after completing the order
 ✓ 100% client satisfaction

I had a detailed search on fiverr and discovered there are so many people who are offering the same service. So, it's not a secret anymore that people do post (spam) for money.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 08:59:08 AM

We need a list so that I can ignore them. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:13:50 AM

Go to Bounties (Altcoins) section, you will be on the moon 🚀🌙 Tongue

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:20:57 AM

Is there any rule for this kind of shitty paid bumping?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this exactly the same as the "ANN bumping services" that a lot of 3rd parties offer here on BCT ( which is definitely against the rules?)
The only difference here is is that it isn't a 3rd party that is "offering" this, but the OP of the ANN thread itself that needs to be bumped...

According to the forum's rules:
Quote from: mprep on July 21, 2014, 05:27:51 PM
13. Bumps, "updates" are limited to once per 24 hours.
The specifics aren't provided hence it is open for interpretation. If I will be the one to interpret this, even though the OP is not the one bumping the thread but hiring someone to do so which doesn't follow the 24-hour rule means he still is violating it as a mind of the idea of doing so. In result of doing so, he and the service provider will also (possibly) violate other forum's rules by doing so such as rule#1, 2 and so on.

P.S. That service thread should be taken down.

I would agree with this interpretation, and i think a lot of other users/staff do too, thus i'm pretty sure that it's bannable what they're doing.

Jrashid (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 26

Need Forum Moderator?? PM me.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 09:25:58 AM

I had a detailed search on fiverr and discovered there are so many people who are offering the same service. So, it's not a secret anymore that people do post (spam) for money.
Then, why there is no ban hammer?

Go to Bounties (Altcoins) section, you will be on the moon 🚀🌙 Tongue

Lol, to the moon is more used than thank you on this forum, as far as I have seen.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:58:49 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2018, 01:41:13 PM by vphasitha01

Hey "JC" can I get your ignore list? I think you have the longest Wink

How about getting a ignore list of a well-established member and restore that file to ours like copying contacts from a sim card to another phone. Isn't that great? (just my thought only)

I think this whole ANN[1] Bounty thread to be deleted (now it has 147 pages) or all the posts of airdrop participants to be deleted. This is the shittiest airdrop campaign I have seen in a long time in bitcointalk. Because it says, participants should be shared their referral link in the thread. I consider all those participants as just underworld spammers and don't have any desire to add value to the forum. The OP of that ANN[2] Bounty thread don't have any clue about forum rules and other members just blindly follows OP for few shitcoins.

How to Participate in the Airdrop
<...snip...>
4. Reply to this thread in the following format:

Code:
#Cloudbric Airdrop
Telegram Profile: <Telegram Username>
Twitter Profile: <Link to Twitter>
Referral Link: <Referral Link>

This is how official unofficial forum rule stated in 2014

<...snip...>
4. No referral code (ref link) spam. [1]
<...snip...>

This is how recently global mod see this problem and it seems rule has to be tightened more since this evil spreading all over the forum.

Thank you for bringing this very urgent matter to our attention. Ref links are truly one of the greatest evils on the forum and should be removed immediately without fail.

Edited - [1],[2]
(ANN or Bounty, it doesn't make any difference to me)
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:28:34 AM

I'm not a bounty participant of that campaign, but it's clearly not an Ann bumping thread. Why?

Double your bounty! For 2X the rewards above, write a confirmation of campaign participation as a post in the Cloudbric bounty thread using the following format:

Code:
#Campaign 1: Blog and Article Posts
Bitcointalk Profile URL: <Bitcointalk profile URL>
Telegram ID: <@username>
Link to Content URL: <Article URL>

It means, you will have 2x reward if you post on their bounty thread which is located on bounty board.

I think this whole ANN thread to be deleted (now it has 147 pages) or all the posts of airdrop participants to be deleted. This is the shittiest airdrop campaign I have seen in a long time in bitcointalk. Because it says, participants should be shared their referral link in the thread. I consider all those participants as just underworld spammers and don't have any desire to add value to the forum. The OP of that ANN thread don't have any clue about forum rules and other members just blindly follows OP for few shitcoins.

It's not an ANN thread, it's a bounty thread. It will be deleted if it's posted on Announcements (Altcoins) section, bounties and airdrops are not allowed on that board.

The only problem is the referral link, participants might be banned because of it.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 03:17:18 PM

I'm not a bounty participant of that campaign, but it's clearly not an Ann bumping thread. Why?

-snip-
It means, you will have 2x reward if you post on their bounty thread which is located on bounty board.

From what I understand, those guys are offering a chance to increase/get 2x bounty rewards for their participants. To be eligible, they need to post a confirmation on their bounty thread (only one post and only the confirmation post required above), unlike "ANN Bumping".

However, it is explicitly stated that those who post that will get 2x rewards. A new evolution of thread bumping(?)

-snip-
To gain eligibility for 2x bounty you must have/create an account on the Bitcointalk forum and follow the confirmation of campaign participation process as detailed below, otherwise you will not be eligible for double bounty!

-snip-

3. Double your bounty! Write a confirmation of campaign participation as a post in this bounty thread in the following format to confirm registration:

-snip-

2. Make sure you do a separate post in the thread for each campaign you participate in, unless you are doing campaign 5 or 6.
If you post confirmation of the campaign participation in the Bitcointalk bounty thread, you will receive double the bounty (2x)! (This works on top of the other multipliers as well!)
-snip-

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:10:15 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2018, 04:50:16 PM by jonemil24

However, it is explicitly stated that those who post that will get 2x rewards. A new evolution of thread bumping(?)

They're asking to post on their bounty thread, and it's how they can attract more bounty participants, but that is not clearly the problem. Have you visited their submission form?

-snip-
Campaign 3: Post on Bitcointalk - SUBMISSION FORM
-snip-

Op should have mentioned about this, instead of the bounty thread bumping issue.

This kind of campaign can lead to spam, and I can't find any rules written about it.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: