Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2018, 04:11:07 AM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A good example of elite manipulation of Bitcoin  (Read 218 times)
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1125

★ ChipMixer | Bitcoin mixing service ★

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:05:58 AM

Let's analize their statement :

"they are neither a medium of exchange, nor a unit of measurement, nor a store of value."

I bought a Drone with bitcoin at one of my local gadget shops a few weeks ago, so it was a medium of exchange and it cost me X amount of coins, so it was a good unit of measure and I made a 807% profit on my coins that I bought in January of 2017 and sold in December of 2017. <This was a excellent store of value for me>  Cool

Sorry, I do not agree with their observation.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make a difference with your Ether.
Donate Ether for the greater good.
SPRING.WETRUST.IO
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinwizard_

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

Shariah-Compliant Utility Crypto Token

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:52:01 AM

The reason we are into bitcoin is to get away from these big manipulative traders who  make the rich richer and keep the poor at bay. Bitcoin is an opportunity to spread out the wealth to anyone that is a believer in the next financial revolution.

Bayan Token - Shariah-Compliant Utility Crypto Token (https://bayantoken.com)
ICO "June 27th, 2018
minhkhoa

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

|EYEGLOB.NET|EYE TOKEN|

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:04:55 AM

A suspicious transaction by one or a group of traders is the main cause of the Bitcoin boom. The market for digital coins other than bitcoin is very thin and easy to manipulate. Because of the Bitcoin's past artificial inflation, investors need to see the current momentum increase with a high cautious mind and not necessarily consider bitcoin to be a "non-breakable bubble" as some press reviews.

Envision the Future! – EYEGLOB.NETEye Health Global Ecosystem on blockchain!
Our Objective: Make EyeGlob.Net Global Eye Health Ecosystem. Join our Token Campaign!
[/b]
Chorsday

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:28:55 AM

Investment banks will always remain as investment banks. It is their way of surviving in this dog eat dog world. Afterall, it is a survival game. I am guessing it is a matter of time before they start adopting cryptocurrencies.
Sofia234Edwards

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:50:44 AM

Some hypothesize that the Bitcoin manipulators must be enormous and have a lot of money. Such as "Whale" Do you think that's correct?
killat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 08:54:25 AM

Unfortunately, there are many other ways for Crypto market to be manipulated:

- Spoofing: is to pretend to have an intent to execute a specific trade to affect market sentimen. Often done with setting large orders that don't get filled and are immediately pulled. Fake buy or sell walls can drive the price

Especially familiar in markets with margin trading

- Short and long squeezes

A short or long squeeze occurs when a price is pushed upwards or downwards by a cascade of margin calls
In cryptocurrency markets, where margin trading is popular, and regulations lose, short and long squeeze hunting is common

- Pump and dumps

A small group of traders gets a larger group to buy into crypto which drives up the price and attracts outsiders, then the original small group exits at the expense of the outsiders

Manifests as a sudden rise in price that's followed by a complete retracement in a short period

Often coordinated through Telegram groups

- Wash trading

Creating fake trading volume in a market to signal false interest

Traders can do this by buying and selling amongst themselves to artificially increase trade volume

Especially dominant in exchanges with low fees and altcoin markets

James andrew

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:01:21 PM

The market for digital coins other than bitcoin is very thin and easy to manipulate.I hardly see any of them around except a bunch of day traders and speculators, nothing else. Those with ideals have long gone I guess.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.