Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Petcoin, A Portuguese cryptocoin to help animal shelters.  (Read 2214 times)
xPetcoin (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:18:15 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 06:34:31 PM by xPetcoin

Announcing Petcoin [XPET]

A Portuguese cryptocurrency to help the animal shelters.

The idea of Petcoin was born in 2017. It all began with a group of friends from different backgrounds but something in common: a passion for animals. From volunteering in shelters and organizations to adopting and rescuing animals, we started to realize it was not enough.
Both animal shelters and individuals who dedicate their free time to rescue and recover abandoned animals struggle a lot. First, Portugal lacks effective animal welfare laws and policies. Abandoning an animal just recently became a crime, but with the lack of control it is practically impossible to identify and punish the infractors. Besides that, there isn’t a capture and sterilization policy at a national level that helps to control stray animals. These animals keep on reproducing and increasing the number of stray animals. This is a never-ending problem, and shelters and organizations end up rescuing, recovering, spaying and neutering, and starting the adoption process, everything without any governmental help. And here we have another problem. There are not enough families available for every animal in need and many stay in shelter for years and are not adopted, which is a permanent expense for these shelters. To make everything worse, these animals are mostly old and/or with some kind of disease, so they need extra care, attention and treatments/medicine. Not everyone can pay for what a senior or sick animal needs, so once again shelters take care of this.
For all of this, Petcoin was born, to fill a gap in our country, with hopes of repercussion around the globe.
Premined at 12%, which will be delivered to animal organizations (10%) and used to keep the project going on (2%), we aim to be a voice for the voiceless.
This way, the associations can have a new revenue source and enterprises get a new ever-growing young and exciting client niche!

Our main goals are:
-Create and maintain a flowing network of Petcoin users, strongly maintained by our donations to the shelters and animal associations and by all the commerce involved with the project, hopefully improving the wellbeing of all their animals.
-Introduce Petcoin as an alternative payment with all our features such as ring signatures, ring confidential transactions and stealth addresses.
-Keep creating new features and adding content to the project, as well as new partners and associations in need.

You cand download our whitepaper here https://www.petcoin.pt/en/downloads/ and get to our github project here https://github.com/javalopes/petcoin

Petcoin specifications:
Pow algorithm: Cryptonight Lite v1
Max supply: 100 Billions
Block reward: Variable throughout the emission.
Block time: 30 sec’s
Emission speed factor: 24
Blockchain explorer: blocks.pet-coin.net
Pools: pool.pet-coin.net

Features:
True anonymity & data protection
Untraceable payments using ring signature
Unlinkable transactions with random data by the sender
Blockchain analysis resistant
GPU/CPU-mining & ASIC-resistant

Along with the Petcoin launch, we'll have an ICO (Initial Coin Offer) to ensure Petcoin's entry in some exchangers, because some core companies to this project will only take part in it if the coin has a value.
All coins available in this ICO come from the 2% of premined coins, keeping the remaining 10% safe for donations.
We will accept the following currencies:
Bitcoin Ethereum Monero TurtleCoin Litecoin Dogecoin Sumokoin Bitcoin Cash and Aeon.

This ICO will have the duration of 1 month with 4 phases:
1st week - 33333 XPET = 1USD
2nd week - 33333 XPET = 1.15USD
3rd week - 33333 XPET = 1.30USD
4th week - 33333 XPET = 1.50USD

Max Supply: 500M XPET
You can find this ICO on our website and on https://www.gofundme.com/petcoin-ico. All fundings will be applied in the expansion of the project, especially exchanger's entry fees, because some core companies to this project will only take part in it if the coin has a value.

Petcoin contacts
Web site: https://www.petcoin.pt/
Email: geral@petcoin.pt
info@petcoin.pt
Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XEN8rCe
Facebook: www.facebook.com/xpetcoin
Cellphone:  Please request by PM

We urge everyone to join us, support and share this project. We are a small team at the moment, but we believe we can use this technology to do some good in the world! We believe that with your help this project can be the beginning of something beautiful. All constructive comments and suggestions are welcome, as well as many contacts that could help our project keep going.
If you or someone you know is able to help us entering a stable exchanger, please contact us via e-mail.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
noobwhosuckatlife

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:24:17 AM

So...you just want money!   nice
Also, you could really HIDE your donations addresses...adds up to greediness, yknow!
Keep em "by request"
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:30:03 AM

hi, does this project have a whitepaper and roadmap ?
if yes, where can i read it ? because i don't see any whitepaper link in your thread

doge_shit666

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:30:25 AM

Petcoin is a humanitarian project. This electronic money generates revenue for organizations and individuals seeking shelter and organizations to adopt and save animals. Animal protection is strictly regulated by national law. What is the difficulty of this project when individuals and organizations volunteering in countries do not support electronic money?
xPetcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:33:34 AM

hi, does this project have a whitepaper and roadmap ?
if yes, where can i read it ? because i don't see any whitepaper link in your thread
Hi! The whitepaper is in the download section of our website (www.petcoin.pt/en/downloads)
The roadmap is in the home page of the site also.
rashio

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:34:29 AM

I don't see the information about exchange plan above. At least, you have a prepared the plan where to list the Petcoin later. People will less trust in this project when you don't share it. It's my suggestion, but in this case, i think it's a better way.  Wink    
xPetcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:39:40 AM

Petcoin is a humanitarian project. This electronic money generates revenue for organizations and individuals seeking shelter and organizations to adopt and save animals. Animal protection is strictly regulated by national law. What is the difficulty of this project when individuals and organizations volunteering in countries do not support electronic money?
Hi! We clearly state in our white paper that animal wellfare laws and policies in Portugal are few to none. Only recently animal abandonment became a crime and even so, it's very hard to find and punish infractors. Most shelters in Portugal are volunteers and get not governamental help. This is where Petcoin will come in scene!
xPetcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:46:10 AM

I don't see the information about exchange plan above. At least, you have a prepared the plan where to list the Petcoin later. People will less trust in this project when you don't share it. It's my suggestion, but in this case, i think it's a better way.  Wink    
Hi! We still have no obvious planning, but we are open to any suggestions. We still haven't found a reasonable alternative because of our lack of funds, since they all have very high entry fees. That's the main reason we are releasing this ICO.
Okky ID

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:05:00 AM

I like the project that cares about life. I see Petcoin really cares about the animals' life. Honestly, i am very impressed with the reasons why you provide this project. You started with a group of friends from different backgrounds for one reason that's a passion for animals. You are great people. I hope you and your friends to be successful in reaching the main goals. Firstly, get sufficient funds to run it.  

xPetcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:11:47 AM

I like the project that cares about life. I see Petcoin really cares about the animals' life. Honestly, i am very impressed with the reasons why you provide this project. You started with a group of friends from different backgrounds for one reason that's a passion for animals. You are great people. I hope you and your friends to be successful in reaching the main goals. Firstly, get sufficient funds to run it.  

Thank you for you kind words!
Salfuk

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:10:00 AM

Will you be setting up a Discord channel?
proco

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:16:52 AM

yes a discord Chanel is great so ppl can talk with team in real time might be good for the project
iisbetoq

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:19:14 AM

github source code ?

BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:59:55 PM

put verifiable info about your "team"

https://www.petcoin.pt/en/team/

also, you started a go fund me campaign and at the same time you're also shilling on bitcointalk?

greedy much?

by the way, these sorts of scammy endeavors have been used over and over again on this forum.

If you think you're going to try and pull at people heart strings by chastising us over our lack of empathy over the suffering of poor animals, then you

should go shaft yourself with the biggest and thorniest cactus you can find.

Get some pictures up holding signs saying petcoin with today's date, do a livestream so that people can verify who is behind this and then maybe once people are convinced this is genuine, then you might garner some interest.

Until that happens, it's just another silly scam by an amateur.
xPetcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:32:31 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 06:29:53 PM by xPetcoin

Will you be setting up a Discord channel?
Yes we will! This one will be up for the moment!
https://discord.gg/XEN8rCe
Kariste

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:37:19 PM

This project focuses the importance of the animals. I'm happy that this could really helpful to animals that were abandoned by the owner. We all know that animals also needs a care or even a home so hoping to the success of this project.
xPetcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:38:52 PM

put verifiable info about your "team"

https://www.petcoin.pt/en/team/

also, you started a go fund me campaign and at the same time you're also shilling on bitcointalk?

greedy much?

by the way, these sorts of scammy endeavors have been used over and over again on this forum.

If you think you're going to try and pull at people heart strings by chastising us over our lack of empathy over the suffering of poor animals, then you

should go shaft yourself with the biggest and thorniest cactus you can find.

Get some pictures up holding signs saying petcoin with today's date, do a livestream so that people can verify who is behind this and then maybe once people are convinced this is genuine, then you might garner some interest.

Until that happens, it's just another silly scam by an amateur.

First of all, thanks for all the input and tips.
Second, we can be seen as greedy, but i also think you know that we can't go on with the project without getting into an exchanger, and for that you need a kind of money none of us have. We could try to keep the gofundme campaign secret or somthing like that but we want to be as transparent as possible! We will also drop the fundraiser and ICO as soon as we have the funds to enter a exchanger. As for the team yes, we will be updating that part, as well as the rest of the site.
xPetcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:58:48 PM

This project focuses the importance of the animals. I'm happy that this could really helpful to animals that were abandoned by the owner. We all know that animals also needs a care or even a home so hoping to the success of this project.
Thank you! We really hope that we can at least raise some awareness about this cause and about cryptocurrencies also!
We gonna try and do our best so we can help them!
kaido19

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:59:07 PM

I'm glad this project is very concerned about animal protection, but it looks more like a charity project to make wild animals protected and get a better place, but sorry, this makes me a little hesitant to invest before your community is recognized by the state, or local government, but I appreciate this project, hopefully it works well
xPetcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:36:47 PM

I'm glad this project is very concerned about animal protection, but it looks more like a charity project to make wild animals protected and get a better place, but sorry, this makes me a little hesitant to invest before your community is recognized by the state, or local government, but I appreciate this project, hopefully it works well
Thank you for your input! Unfortunately we are a small team at the moment, but we aim to get all the steps of regulation possible. We are trying to use the blockchain technology in new ways, and Portugal is still a little behind in those aspects, but we wish to create more discussion about it! We'll always be the more transparent possible! We hope to grow more by each day mainly with older users who can guide us throughout this process!

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: