Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:53:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boycotting NUTRIASIA products amidst Labor workers controversy in the Philippine  (Read 78 times)
PSYCHE0317 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:35:41 AM

Despite a compliance order still denies nearly 1,000 laborers decent working conditions & rights. Yet they have resources & willpower to violently disperse a peaceful strike. Greedy and opportunistic capitalists like NutriAsia are the reason why majority of this population continously suffer despite the hardwork.
old_lighthouse

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:48:49 AM

Despite a compliance order still denies nearly 1,000 laborers decent working conditions & rights. Yet they have resources & willpower to violently disperse a peaceful strike. Greedy and opportunistic capitalists like NutriAsia are the reason why majority of this population continously suffer despite the hardwork.
Could you perhaps write who you are talking about? I'm guessing by the title of the thread that you are referring to Nutriasia? I searched about found this article: https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018/07/30/1838184/violent-dispersal-nutriasia-workers-draws-wide-condemnation. I don't think I've ever even seen their products, so, unfortunately, I'll have a hard time boycotting them. Maybe you give us some more details about the story? How does this situation affect you personally?
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:48:09 PM

I rarely watch TV these days so I actually had to look it up. Apparently this has been going on for some time. https://www.rappler.com/nation/205166-reason-nutriasia-workers-on-strike

NutriAsia is not alone in this though. This is the current state of labor in the country. You're unlikely to get a regular blue collar job anywhere. You'd get hired for 5 months, fired and then rehired for another 5 months by a subcontractor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: